Thread: Looking for help in writing a guide.

Icon1 Looking for help in writing a guide.

Hello. My name is reaper101. This post is to solicit help for a large and detailed guide of M2TW units. This guide will be completed in the style of http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...War-unit-Guide
    However, I am unfamiliar with much of this game. Though I possess significant knowledge in mainland Europe units, I lack most knowledge for the tactical application of Eastern units. In addition, having not played the expansions, I lack all knowledge in unit selection in those areas.
    So, will you help me write this thing?
    Alii inferre bellum, facientibus pacem.

Default Re: Looking for help in writing a guide.

Well, seems people are either uninterested or afraid. *sigh*

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii

Anyone that would have the time or interest are now in the Rome2 forums. Not many of the Old Guard left in Medieval2.

The vanilla version is very unpopular now due to the abundance of these overhaul mods and mini campaign mods. Why not write guides for some of the lesser known mods. It helps promote them, people will be interested in the new and historically accurate units and how to best implement them on the battlefield.

Regarding eastern units, in my experience it's all been about the arrows and spears with a couple of swords. Use horse archers to hit the flanks, preferably spear units first, but distract the opponents archers or crossbows with your foot archers. This will prevent them from firing at your horse archers. Protect your foot archers with spears which can also hold the line long enough for your horse archers to run out of ammo as they pummel arrows into the back of the enemy. Horse archers then charge and due to all that wear and tear, the army chainrouts. Your spears won't kill much but they need to be there in order to deter any cav charges into your archers. Swords will replace tired or wavering spears and these fresh sword units will enjoy themselves as they churn through the tired enemy. Easier said than done though especially online.

Harrassment and mobility is the aim for eastern factions.

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    The vanilla version is very unpopular now due to the abundance of these overhaul mods and mini campaign mods. Why not write guides for some of the lesser known mods. It helps promote them, people will be interested in the new and historically accurate units and how to best implement them on the battlefield.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, "very unpopular" - still plenty of us that love vanilla thanks very much. And I'd love for a guide to be written like they have for Rome.

I wish I could help with the eastern factions myself, but while I've played with everyone these are not the factions I am most familiar with. But, to that end, why not just spend a couple days refamiliarizing yourself with them?

I'd be glad to offer my help in other ways.

What I need:
    Unit Expert, Western Europe:
    Me
    Unit Expert, Eastern Europe:
    ?
    U.E, The Far East:
    ?
    U.E, Kingdoms:
    ?

Will update as people apply.

Also need someone to cover mercs in all iterations.

Also, the reason I can't is because I haven't unlocked their campaign. Without that, I have little to no experience as to how they would fight in less-than-ideal conditions. Being ambushed, assaults on enemy castles with a variety of troops, etc. Sure, custom battles are great, but they are limited, and thus I cannot learn how to use units to their full extent in those battles.