Thread: Bandits

Icon5 Bandits

Some tips do deal with bandits? because they really cause problems more forward in the game.

Default Re: Bandits

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFoda-se View Post
    Some tips do deal with bandits? because they really cause problems more forward in the game.
    Find out all the buildings that reduce banditry and plan ahead if you're going to build commerce buildings or anything else that adds bandits.

There are also general/governor traits that reduce banditry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Last edited by thesmoosh; December 05, 2017 at 10:55 PM.

with the recent DeI changes, there are now several buildings that reduce banditry (like grain stores, garrison towns,...etc)
    also patrolling regions with your armies reduce banditry.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar BEARDED MODERATION

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralFoda-se View Post
    @hoho96 and @thesmoosh are both correct.
    That's what we aim for though. To have something more challenging for the late game

Delete.

What exactly does banditry do?

Isn't it like a new corruption and PO effect essentially?

When banditry level is to high it can trigger certain effects in the province from time to time. I have seen so far 3 different types:
    - Big PO penalty for 1 turn;
    - No income for 1 turn (can be very funny when it happens in the main province that gives most of the money).
    - Stolen supplies. I did not look close to this case since effect was not really noticeable to me.

Along with the random events outlined above, banditry itself is a has a basic food reduction for the province and a tax level reduction - I think.

In the next update we are going to lower some of the corruption and upkeep penalties a small amount from imperium since banditry is sort of like an added corruption mechanic. Also, Litharion found a pretty large bug where larger population densities actually lowered income, so I predict in the next update many save games will have their income go up quite a bit if they have any well populated cities. Since everything has been balanced for awhile now with that bug existing, we may have to go in after and do some more changes, depending on results.
    Last edited by Dresden; December 06, 2017 at 01:55 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by babaikasc View Post
    When banditry level is to high it can trigger certain effects in the province from time to time. I have seen so far 3 different types:
    - Big PO penalty for 1 turn;
    - No income for 1 turn (can be very funny when it happens in the main province that gives most of the money).
    - Stolen supplies. I did not look close to this case since effect was not really noticeable to me.
    Plus a constant food export penalty. Thus far I have mostly ignored bandits outside of provinces with a positive food export balance--low-single-digit chances of 1-turn problems do not seem worth dedicating a building to (although I think banditry problems are somewhat exponential, so stacking +banditry buildings more than I have may cause issues).

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Along with the random events outlined above, banditry itself is a has a basic food reduction for the province and a tax level reduction - I think.

In the next update we are going to lower some of the corruption and upkeep penalties a small amount from imperium since banditry is sort of like an added corruption mechanic. Also, Litharion found a pretty large bug where larger population densities actually lowered income, so I predict in the next update many save games will have their income go up quite a bit if they have any well populated cities. Since everything has been balanced for awhile now with that bug existing, we may have to go in after and do some more changes, depending on results.
    I'm at a point in my game where I basically have unlimited money (getting 150k+ per turn) although this was the case even before the latest patch.

It's mostly the it's easy to about the stabbing of tariff income because I think it's not affected by any of corruption/banditry/imperium debuffs and you can get buildings and traits that increase tariffs faction wide.

Right now the minimum I can gift to anyone is 180k.

Not saying any of this as a complaint by the way. I'm rich but I have plenty of other problems yo deal with so the games not at all boring/uninteresting. I just wanted to let you know in case something I'm doing is unintended.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk