Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Europa Universalis IV Multiplayer Game IV

High Chunker Greens's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Europa Universalis IV Multiplayer Game IV

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    So what youre basically saying is that youre not even near your forcelimits, as a result of which you have a tiny army. Unlike me you didnt build millitary things for proper manpower maximum. You wasted whatever little manpower you had rushing the incas. And the fact that you are able to have a fleet meaning your economy doesnt crash down like mine during a war doesnt seem to count? And you only have one real enemy, while I have two.

Clearly youre just in a bad position because of bad management. And you try to compensate for that by forging rediculous alliances.
    That's a bit much, I don't think Spain could ever take France on unless they had access to north Italy. We've never had a NL player grow so much in Europe unchecked before and a fairly average Spain (due to being invaded) means that together it's a fair fight against the French. France has the middle ground and the ability to trade land for time, as well as a massive manpower advantage. Let's take what Petrucci agreed to in the peace deal and see where that leaves him. If NL is cut down enough then NL + Spain isn't an unfair alliance against the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    But seriously, the Ottomans should not be backing Spain. I understand why you helped out the first time, but now you're just being a bit of a dick to Pat. Just let Border and Pettruci fight him.
    As much as I have a horrible feeling that this is some master puppeteering, I have to agree with it.
    Last edited by High Chunker Greens; July 04, 2014 at 03:07 AM.

Good dammit people. I've said like a million times that I wouldn't be backing Spain if he had a more fair ally.

Also, I will keep the right to being a dick to any France ever.
    ''Holy hell that Scythe is overpowerd! Death should be nerfed!''

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Being a dick to Pat? I have defended every war. On top of that I haven't had the economy of France TO develop my nation with. My income does look good now though since France stopped siphoning my new world trade due to the blockade. His goal is to remove me from the game. The only time I even pushed for concessions from him was this last war. His punishment? He releases one province.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke Greens View Post
    That's a bit much, I don't think Spain could ever take France on unless they had access to north Italy. We've never had a NL player grow so much in Europe unchecked before and a fairly average Spain (due to being invaded) means that together it's a fair fight against the French. France has the middle ground and the ability to trade land for time, as well as a massive manpower advantage. Let's take what Petrucci agreed to in the peace deal and see where that leaves him. If NL is cut down enough then NL + Spain isn't an unfair alliance against the French.

As much as I have a horrible feeling that this is some master puppeteering, I have to agree with it.
    Abb's NL was pretty strong. I guess mine is ok, but I'm still missing OMG trade income. And right now I'm more interested in getting wealthy and letting you all kill each other in Europe.
    I tried to take France twice, both time without success, first time with Castille ,second with Aragon help. Someone needs to explain me why would I try it 3rd time, alone.
    I didn't participate in Spano-Turkish-French war but fabricated claim in order to a) have casus belli if opportunity arise b) ask French to trade/sell me Calais . Pat felt threatened and overreacted while massing troops on his borders and attacked me in same time Italy did,two land powers against one naval and no one give a intervening. I agreed to cede 6 provinces 20% of mine territory , 3 to each of them, the most any player ceded in one war this session. I admitted I've made bad move and was willing to pay fair price for it. But Pat is still being a dick and wishes to rip me apart.

You clearly didnt read my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Petrucci View Post
    time Italy did,two land powers against one naval and no one give a intervening. I agreed to cede 6 provinces 20% of mine territory , 3 to each of them, the most any player ceded in one war this session. I admitted I've made bad move and was willing to pay fair price for it. But Pat is still being a dick and wishes to rip me apart.
    An intervention would be unfair on the attacking powers because their cause for attacking you (or at least, mine is) is just, and your punishment is entirely just. I'm done with you after I take this land and you agree to stop expanding in Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat89 View Post
    You clearly didnt read my posts.
    Then enlight me by all means good sir!

Quote Originally Posted by Archduke Greens View Post
    An intervention would be unfair on the attacking powers because their cause for attacking you (or at least, mine is) is just, and your punishment is entirely just. I'm done with you after I take this land and you agree to stop expanding in Europe.
    I agree to abstain from expanding in Europe for next 50 years if you both accept this agreement. Afterward we can extend agreement or else .
    Seriously ,no one know what will happen in next 50 years and my conscience would feel like my intimate part if I say that I would not expand in Europe and then use first good chance.

Just look for one of the mutiple posts where I stated I dont intend to wreck you. As for negotiating peace, Im going to make my own demands as I see fit. Not going to contain myself to any promise like "three regions" as theres a clear difference in value between them.

Ok, so here's my demand: Artois, Hainaut, Cambray and Luxemburg. That's 23 base tax, no sea ports and 100% french people. And I think I'm being very modest with those demands.
    Last edited by Pat89; July 04, 2014 at 09:11 AM.

Round table of Netherlands, Italy, France and Ottomans managed to reach peace deal.
    1. Netherlands will release Mainz and return core to Hesse.
    2. Netherlands will cede Artois, Cambray and Luxemburg and Hainaut to France.
    3. Netherlands will abstain from any hostile action to France and Italy next 50 years. Italy and France will abstain from any hostile action to Netherlands in next 50 years. 50 years counter starts after last peace deal is signed.
    4. It's up to Netherlands to extend non-aggression pact after first 50 years and those two states will respect it decision.
    5. Ottomans will guarantee peace deal execution.

Round table of Netherlands, Italy, France and Ottomans managed to reach peace deal.
    1. Netherlands will release Mainz and return core to Hesse.
    2. Netherlands will cede Artois, Cambray and Luxemburg and Hainaut to France.
    3. Netherlands will abstain from any hostile action to France and Italy next 50 years. Italy and France will abstain from any hostile action to Netherlands in next 50 years. 50 years counter starts after last peace deal is signed.
    4. It's up to Netherlands to extend non-aggression pact after first 50 years and those two states will respect it decision.
    5. Ottomans will guarantee peace deal execution.
    Not quite right, release Frankfurt and Mainz at the same time as well as returning that core. Select Frankfurt first in the peace deal screen and this will be possible.

I also never agreed to extend that non-aggression pact but if you stick to your end of the bargain I probably won't do anything further - there would have to be a bit of a shakeup in my affairs for me to consider attacking you again.

Italy continues to impress with their knowledge of EU4.

Italy continues to impress with their knowledge of EU4.
    I'm well aware that Mainz has a core on Frankfurt and so will be released with Frankfurt as one of its provinces. That's why I asked you to select Frankfurt first and then Mainz as it will release the two separately. Thanks for the smarmy comment though.

Green wants elector-vassals to secure his emperor position. Two OPMs is for him better than one 2PM.

From an onlookers perspective Pat seems to be having a temper tantrum over something that happened a century ago and wants to talk everyone into allowing him to pick on his smaller neighbours as a result.

Two "smaller" neighbours working together and supported by the Ottomans isn't really something I can be "picking" on.

They are not working together, or at least they haven't been in a long time.

#Drama

Quote Originally Posted by Nelon View Post
    #Drama
    Is that a challenge?

Border Patrol's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Goal: Pretty borders.

Nailed it.
    Proud Nerdimus Maximus of the Trench Coat Mafia.