Thread: Explain to Me Like I'm 12: How can I get this working on steam?

Default Explain to Me Like I'm 12: How can I get this working on steam?

Explain to Me Like I'm 12: How can I get this working on steam?

I tried adding the config @ line but it didn't work, and the guy who said i have to open the kingdoms launcher then click file, well there is no file button to click. what do i do?

I need this game like old people need plant pots to look after, please help.
    to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Explain to Me Like I'm 12: How can I get this working on steam?

Hello, really sorry but when it comes to Steam I cannot help you. You are probably better off asking about this in the technical help forum for medieval 2/Kingdoms as those areas are much more active.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

I know this is an old thread. Hopefully you figured it out before hand, but if not you can do this:

First you'll probably want a launcher replacement, because the original launcher for Medieval 2 is really messed up and causes some problems with steam (it tries to connect to a URL that doesn't exist anymore). I'd suggest this one found here (installing it is easy). It's better, and easier to deal with:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2500705

Next you'll want to get the Kingdoms Launcher App:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=2824

Easy to install.

Then, install the FKoC mod. If you're using the .exe version, direct it to the Medieval 2 mod folder ([Wherever you installed Steam]\Steam\steamapps\common\medieval ii total war\mods). Once it's done installing, it'll put a separate Folder for the mod, but it will also place some other files into the mod folder that shouldn't be there. Move them to the For King or Country folder.

After that's done, start the Kingdoms Launcher App, click "File" > "New Mod". Then click "Browse" and navigate to your For King and Country folder in your mod folder. From there the Mod Name, the Config file and the path should be placed automatically. Then make sure the Game Exe box is ticked "Medieval II". From there, click "Ok" and you should be good to go.

Once you start the game, the launcher should show up and the mod will be in a list on the right. Click on the mod, and then click "Start Selected Mod", and it'll start up with no problems. You can use this method for installing any mod that utilizes the mod folder (making sure that the actual folder for the mod does not have spaces in the file path; replace them with underscores, and if it's for a Kingdoms mod to tick the "Kingdoms" box in the Launcher App).
    Last edited by Yue Fei; June 25, 2014 at 03:43 AM.
    "The only thing I'm afraid of is fear." Sir Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.

seems my method no longer works ever since Medieval 2 was updated on Steam. None of the methods on steam to get mods working will fix it either.
    "The only thing I'm afraid of is fear." Sir Arthur Wellesley, 1st Duke of Wellington.

easiest way to make modes working again is
    kopie medieval2.exe
    paste in the same place
    now you got "medieval2.exe" and "medieval2.exe kopie"
    now rename "medieval2.exe kopie" to "kingdoms.exe" and so you never needto brother with it again

That won't work with this one. Already tried.