Thread: The Voices of Silmarillion: Total War

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

Default The Voices of Silmarillion: Total War

I am not to deep into the Middle Earth lore, but i think that there's actually people that invented the elvish and other orcish languages, and that the writers of Lord of the Rings used it for some of those lines on the movies. Will you guys use actual elvish and orcish to the mod?

I would not mind to do some voice overs

Default Re: The Voices of Silmarillion: Total War

Well, we won't be making our own voices, that's for sure, since it's very time consuming and hard to deliver it with good quality. The only possibility is using FATW voices that fit the mod, provided they give us permission (and maybe LotRTW? I don't know if they use custom voices...).
    Last edited by Bercor; May 29, 2014 at 12:25 PM.

Default Re: The Voices of Silmarillion: Total War

People that invented elvish language was J. R. R. Tolkien himself. Two of them actually, Sindarin and Quenya. Of orkish we don't have much, except a bit of Black Speech from The One Ring inscription and few other words/names. That said, Black Speech was created by Sauron probably during Dark Years of the Second Age, hence not much place for it in this mod. As of the First Age, I think there are no recorded orcish languages.

In my opinion, it would be great to hear some of the battle cries or phrases in Sindarin and Quenya. (e.g. Aure entuluva!)

P.S. "Orcish" form The Hobbit movies is invented for the purpose of those movies.

EDIT: Now I have seen Bercor's post. I think FATW developers could grant you their old voices, especially since they made new ones for DOM.
    However, no Quenya or Sindarin among them I'm afraid.
    Last edited by Jagmodo; May 31, 2014 at 06:06 AM.