Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlocking RomeTW Hardcoded Limits - Memory Editing

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default Re: Unlocking RomeTW Hardcoded Limits - Memory Editing

I can't wait until this is available. This means I can put Naval Battles in Barbarian Invasion! And finally expand IBUR to cover all of the Barbarian peoples of the 5th century!
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidos View Post
    Who knows maybe sea battles on Rome 1 can be a reality someday . Is it possible?
    Hannibalcaesar did it in my mod, but only for Alex.exe, and it was really hard, but possible. Basically it was a carriage ballista or war elephant with a different model, texture, stats, and animation. They would sink if they got exhausted too, and you had to edit the whole campaign map cause you couldn't carry units in ships anymore, but it worked.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; May 20, 2014 at 10:13 AM.

WIll you guys also implement 20+ army options?

Laetus

Great news! I have one question: do you planned to include this developments in Roma Surrectum mod?

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

You guys are Total genius! Viva RTR Team!

Quote Originally Posted by Den123 View Post
    Great news! I have one question: do you planned to include this developments in Roma Surrectum mod?
    Quote Originally Posted by RedFox View Post
    The RTR Launcher is designed to work for any mod and is not restricted to The RTR Project. Once we've implemented enough features (and done enough testing) to warrant a release, we will make the launcher available to the modding community.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Amazing accomplishment. Hope the CA will no find out any legal way how to stop this.

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

This is amazing. i do have one question though, did you guys know it was allowed by jack lusted before you started this thread, as he gave the greenlight to zarathustros.

Quote Originally Posted by Makrell View Post
    This is amazing. i do have one question though, did you guys know it was allowed by jack lusted before you started this thread, as he gave the greenlight to zarathustros.
    The team got permission awhile back from TWC and CA, so yeah everything is fine, unless SEGA and CA feel threatened and put a C&D on it, hopefully they don't

CONGRATULATIONS ahowl & Redfox and RTR Team!!!

ROME TOTAL REALISM ANABASIS FORUM: HERE

No screenshots?

Like I mentioned earlier, it would be great if you can unlock the limit for naval battle during campaign. We have technology to do naval battle right now, but only in Custom Battle.
    increase number of model units from 255 to 511 of ALX would be nice too.
    Amazon Total War: Where Synergies of Mobility, Firepower, & Fieldcraft Never End. Semper Puellis!

Lets hope we can add more factions, units and stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by b257 View Post
    The team got permission awhile back from TWC and CA, so yeah everything is fine, unless SEGA and CA feel threatened and put a C&D on it, hopefully they don't
    If they do start to corrupt the modding community, the only thing that gets their games going, I would totally start doing campaigns against them. Its like after RIITW and the shameful display that the game were was enough for me to do not support them anymore, specially with the modding capability of that game being extremely limited compared to M2TW and RTW.
    Last edited by Achilles Lacedaemon; May 20, 2014 at 12:24 PM.

Ya know, maybe letting youtube commentators like DaStalinator, HeirofCarthage, lionheartx10 advertise this will get more people involved, such as the possibility of more programmers

Would it be possible to have a 40-unit army, like in Darth's Empire?

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Excellent news. Might need to re-purchase Rome again since the CD has been broken for years.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    60+ Factions, oh if Europa Barbarorum 1 team ever comes back....
    This has ensured that no one will come back to Rome 2! And if you can increase graphics, Why play Rome 2 when there is Modded Rome 1
    Because Rome 1 is on a decrepit engine. It's single-core, uses ancient graphics techniques, is designed for old hardware on the base level with little thought for future-proofing, and is generally limited compared to the newer one. I mean... I've got a GTX 780 and Roma Surrectum 2 lags horribly on the highest settings, and it both doesn't look anywhere near how good TWR2 looks or runs as well. Not because of any fault on the modders' part, of course, (those are some sexy models), it's just that it's an old engine.

Honestly, I'd rather have somebody doing the same psuedo-.exe hacking to Rome 2, because although the code base would be a lot more complicated for modders (because of newer compilers with increasingly confusing optimisation techniques and the general increased size and scale), the engine would just be a whole lot more modern and have more long-term potential. Not to try and devalue what is being done here, of course! I'm loving seeing this happen to 2 TW games by now, and it'll probably keep support for the old great mods just with a whole lot more stability and memory leaks fixed in it!
    Last edited by Causeless; May 20, 2014 at 01:19 PM.

High Fist's Avatar Vicarius

Amazing work lads, I'd rather not have known until it was ready to go!

I wonder, can the map be made much larger to accommodate the larger settlement limit?
    The only self-discipline you need is to finish your sandwiches

Wow, so excited people are still working on this game.....and doing amazing stuff!!!! Can't wait to see how this turns out and what it can do.
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

great news,up to the next 7 years of rome1.i gonna get my old pc cleaned up and play it on that one.
    maybe there is hope CA will give the base code to the TWC modders someday
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Nilash's Avatar Libertus

Great job!
    If putting effort, won't it better to put it into the Med2 engine instead?
    Well done, nonetheless!