Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829

Thread: The "New" Frontier of M2TW Modding: Memory Editing

Imperator Majora's Avatar What's under your mask?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Default Re: The "New" Frontier of M2TW Modding: Memory Editing

I don't see how creating an AI able to dig properly at the nuances of the game without exe editing would be any less time consuming in conception than the time it would take to do the process yourself.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Well in theory the AI would need fewer examples than the cases or errors you want to fix, in theory also it wouldn't pass on some routines and left loose ends.

In practice teaching am AI to do all that would be more time intensive and costly than doing it yourself.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    As far as I know, if someone knew the answer to your question they'd be violating the TOS for sharing it with you.
    I don't want to violating anything and anyone. I'm glad that TWC is respectful on CA work. If youset up an AI as a "support" for a legalcopy for your game with out modify or share an EXE, is it wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Baal View Post
    Memory editing doesnt violate the TOS afaik, be it by human or AI. I guess it's possible to set up an AI, just probably so expensive it would be actually cheaper to simply remake the game.
    Thanks for your answer lord baal.
    Even a bot that perform basic task? If you set up an "AI" to modify things during the game acting on the memory expecially for testing purpose so you can find easily the code lines that are related of an ingame feature (single unit ecc).

The best hope is to see if CA is brave enough and SEGA greedy enough to actually push Medieval Total War for Android and IOS despite saying the "code was lost" (personally I don't believe then). If that's so then there's some hope that down the road they could someday release the code like Homeworld.
    I think the won't ever because with a few tweaks Med2 could become infinitely better and in level of moderm Total Wars, and with some heavy work it would become the perfect total war game surprising any modern tittle.
    Hope that you are right.
    Is CA really concerning about m2tw, have secret plans? They make new games every year that majority of people buy. Every year the fan and the players of m2tw are less for many reason, why not leave the hardcore fan to preserve the game and making it not fall in the obsolecence..
    Give the permission to modify the hardcoded limits and fix bugs isn't such negative.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    Yeah I think the main flaw is that we didn't get far enough with understanding how to do things to M2TW via memory editing. Setting up an AI that would be better at it than we were would require much more ability and knowledge than we had in the first place...
    Thanks for the answer Makanyane. The chatengine method wasn't enough for modify simple things an fix hardcoded bugs?Actually the chatengine don't do nothing wrong on the Exe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steward Denethor II View Post
    ^ I agree with that. Unfortunately if the AI became great, faction and unit limits were eliminated multiplayer campaigns were available and naval battles with wind were added the New Total War games would be blown out of the water.
    It's a dream...like a Lord of the rings total war..

Well in theory the AI would need fewer examples than the cases or errors you want to fix, in theory also it wouldn't pass on some routines and left loose ends.

In practice teaching am AI to do all that would be more time intensive and costly than doing it yourself.

Sure it want be easy, but could an AI modify an EXE or at least use it for study purpose without going against CA rules?

Any updates please?
    • “A reflective, contented mind is the best possession.” ...
    • “With an open mind, seek and listen to all the highest ideals. ...
    • “Turn yourself not away from three best things: Good Thought, Good Word, and Good Deed.” ...
    • “Do not hold grain waiting for higher prices when people are hungry.”

All by Zoroaster.

Imperator Majora's Avatar What's under your mask?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

The "New" Frontier of Memory Editing. Redirect all hope and inquiries to the link at this time.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Wow, that's a huge progress indeed! I wonder if naval battles can be implemented as in the WW2 mod for Rome Total War.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.