Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: The "New" Frontier of M2TW Modding: Memory Editing

Default Re: The "New" Frontier of M2TW Modding: Memory Editing

If the project has stalled, it would be great if you could at least post what you have so far and the source code to it. I'm not an expert, but I have quite a bit of C++ experience, and I would be willing to take a look and see if I can make any additional changes.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Why not release whats been done so far?

Please keep this work, you will make history with this and every total war fan needs this

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    Indeed mate. I hope Zarathos does not mind me sharing that information as it was a PM but I think it's important that no one is counting on or expecting this project to come to fruition. I was speaking with Zarathos for his input on the petition to remove hardcoded limits, and he was very helpful. He informed me that the memory editing process was proving to be exceptionally time expensive, and well out of reach for someone working on it alone, part-time.

I have not completely given up on the petition, though I fear the process may need to be restarted, as the petition tedster95 created has been tainted by spammers (irreparably so in my opinion). It also lacked a clear goal, definitive leadership and realistic expectations. Over the next month I will see about rectifying these issues.

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

I have a question about the hardcoded model limit. So the limit is 255. Does that mean that we can only have 255 unique models? So for example if we have two units having the same model but different skin does that count as two different models? Or two units which have the same model but different weapons, does this count as two different models?

Is there any chance that Zarathos and his group will release the work done so far?
    Also if only a single limit has been actually broken (number of regions or max number of models/units), it would be a great improvement for the modding community.
    It would be a shame if Zarathos' hard work went to waste, or even became lost.

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator

Any news?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i guess this project is dead. No news for long time.

Hope the project just freeze and not death yet.
    If this work, it is the best thing ever happen to the modder of M2TW.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

After a long time, I decided to check on this again with a very faint hope that it might have possibly come back to life.

To bad, what a shame.

I can understand giving up on a project that's to big, but has Zarathos actually said anything, like actually explained why he gave up so we can all understand?
    Or, in typical internet fashion, did he just disappear off the face of the earth with no explanation.

♔atthias♔'s Avatar dutch speaking
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeford View Post
    After a long time, I decided to check on this again with a very faint hope that it might have possibly come back to life.

To bad, what a shame.

I can understand giving up on a project that's to big, but has Zarathos actually said anything, like actually explained why he gave up so we can all understand?
    Or, in typical internet fashion, did he just disappear off the face of the earth with no explanation.
    look at post 545 of this thread
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by atthias View Post
    look at post 545 of this thread
    And in case post #545 isn't clear enough: this project is halted indefinitely.

what about start a kickstarter to fund someone with the required knowledge to do this.
    Last edited by betto; December 08, 2016 at 06:10 PM.

nadalio's Avatar Civis
    Where the nameless things gnawing the earth

Just a curiosity if someone have the information..
    Is it possible to set up an AI for help in the reverse engineering process, fix bugs and just overcome the harcoded limitations such as (edu limit, regions and map limit). And share free to the community?
    I Know that the EXE "can't be modified", but this are free improvements that don't go against CA.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

As far as I know, if someone knew the answer to your question they'd be violating the TOS for sharing it with you.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Memory editing doesnt violate the TOS afaik, be it by human or AI. I guess it's possible to set up an AI, just probably so expensive it would be actually cheaper to simply remake the game.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Yeah I think the main flaw is that we didn't get far enough with understanding how to do things to M2TW via memory editing. Setting up an AI that would be better at it than we were would require much more ability and knowledge than we had in the first place...

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

The best hope is to see if CA is brave enough and SEGA greedy enough to actually push Medieval Total War for Android and IOS despite saying the "code was lost" (personally I don't believe then). If that's so then there's some hope that down the road they could someday release the code like Homeworld.

I think the won't ever because with a few tweaks Med2 could become infinitely better and in level of moderm Total Wars, and with some heavy work it would become the perfect total war game surprising any modern tittle.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

^ I agree with that. Unfortunately if the AI became great, faction and unit limits were eliminated multiplayer campaigns were available and naval battles with wind were added the New Total War games would be blown out of the water.