Thread: Version 3.2 Released

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Version 3.2 Released

-----Version 3.2 Has Been Released!!-----

There are a few changes in this release that require a new campaign to take effect.

-Brand New Script Put In Place To ENSURE The Long Term Survival Of Major Factions.
    Huge kudos to .Mitch. for pioneering the scripting on this. A large part of the reason many major AI factions seem to crumble so soon and often in the campaign, is because the autobattle calculations done by the game are often way out of whack. And sometimes even when it makes sense that a major faction should lose a particular battle, we don't want them to so early in the campaign. This new script will ensure that all 17 major factions have an automatic and guaranteed edge against minor factions.

The script will grant large bonuses to Major Factions when defending against Minor factions,
    and it will grant moderate bonuses to Major Factions when attacking Minor factions.
    If a Major Faction attacks or defends against another Major Faction, no bonuses will be applied, with the one exception of Rome.
    Rome will receive minor bonuses when attacking or defending against another Major Faction.
    The script won't take effect if the player or his allies are in any way involved with the battle, or if the player is within range of seeing the battle.

Overall, this means Major Factions should only be wiped out by other Major Factions and the odds of them successfully expanding should be elevated. Carthage will NEVER AGAIN be wiped out by Turn 30, and Rome will NEVER AGAIN be eternally confined to half of the Italian Peninsula.
    Again, this development comes from .Mitch. and his original version of it with different bonus values can be found here.
    -Removed Forced March and Double Time.
    The button remains, but all of its effects have been removed, so there is no longer any reason whatsoever for the player to use it, and the AI will never use it. Say goodbye to pointlessly easy and endless ambush battles!
    -Increased Army and Navy Movement Ranges to correspond with the removal of Forced March and Double Time.
    In general, the increase in movement points is roughly 20%.
    But an all Cav army will move further than an army with infantry in it, who will move further than an army with artillery in it.
    Navy movement ranges were increased by 35%, and Army Transports were increased by 15%. So dedicated Naval Forces will move much further than Transports.
    -Campaign Map Zoom Limits Increased.
    You can now zoom out much further, as well as zoom in a bit more. Should help you see the grand scope of your empire a little more clearly when its grown to a large size, and also allow you to see the detail of the characters on the map more clearly.
    -Moderate Increase To Charging Effectiveness.
    This is particularly true for cavalry and elephants. The calculations for charging damage overall were slightly increased, and the charge stat for all cav and elephants were also individually increased. They should all hit a bit harder now.
    -Increased Threshold Limits for each stage of Fatigue by 10-15%.
    In order to balance the longer battle times, the amount of time it takes for units to become more and more tired will also take longer now.
    -Adjusted Fatigue Penalties given at specific thresholds.
    Attack penalties are slightly less in the exhausted stages, and defense penalties kick in slightly sooner in the middle stages.
    Movement speed penalties slightly reduced as well.
    This serves to standardize the penalties across the board more evenly now.
    -Very Slight Reduction to Melee and Ranged Kill Rates.
    This is to compensate for increased charging effectiveness and longer fatigue times.
    -Reduced Morale of Units With Exceptionally High Morale.
    This is to prevent certain units from never breaking as a result of the morale calculation adjustments made by this mod.
    Even if they are elite units, they're capable of getting scared or realizing when the fight is futile.
    -Poison Provisions Agent Action Base Effectiveness cut in half.
    -Roman Bonus Garrison given 1 more unit, up from 2 so they now total 3.
    -Slums Food Consumption reduced from 6 down to 4.
    -Increased the stats and costs of German Bloodsworn to better suit the progressional upgrading and unlocking of units.
    -Vanilla Bugfix to correct Celtic Cultures not being able to recruit Axemen from Level 3 Bronzesmith, when they are available at Level 2 and Level 4 Bronzesmith.

Feedback! Go!
    Last edited by Silven; May 24, 2014 at 07:07 AM.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Version 3.2 Released!

This hasn't yet been posted to The Steam Workshop. I've gotta take off for work, so I'll post it there when I get back. There's also an update for STEP that has not yet been posted, and I'll also do that when I get back.

Nice

Thanks for 4 turns per year version!

Removing Forced March was a good move. That alone improves AI performance quite a lot.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Alright, STIM 3.2 has been uploaded to Steam Workshop, and STEP 1.32 has been posted both here on TWC and on Steam Workshop. Sorry about the delay on that!

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Gonna try it out tomorrow and deliver some feedback
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Tried it out today with my Macedon campaign and could basically find nothing wrong with it. Everything works great! Good job!
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

I haven't had much time, but I've played about 25 turns into a Carthage campaign. I like the mod in general, especially with 3.2 Rome is starting to look dreadfully powerful and is going to make me struggle for every advantage. I do think an increase in the AI food bonus is perhaps in order, at least at lower campaign difficulties. Playing on normal, Nova Carthago and the Nasamones have both begun to starve... with a total of only four settlements each. Granted, both factions gained so much territory in the first place by blitzing other small factions without any farms (the Turdetani and Gaetuli in the case of Nova Carthago, and the Garamantians/Libyans in the case of the Nasamones; Iol, which indeed had a farm, was taken from Nova Carthago by the Massaeyli, who then lost it to me).

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Awesome, thanks for the feedback. 3.2 should definitely result in a much stronger and more imposing Rome.

In regards to food bonuses, I imagine its because of the rapid territory trading like you mentioned. The goal is to prevent major establish factions from starving out when they shouldn't be. A minor faction that constantly changes its home would understandably have supply problems. Let me know if they don't end up correctly the problem on their own after several turns. It takes some time to deconstruct buildings and then build new farms.

really great mod, so glad its been updated

I was thinking if it is possible to add some extra damage to a unit when it's attacked by infantry from the front and behind because now it only affects morale (slightly).
    The other thing is the magic abilities if you can cap them like it was before to 3
    The last issue is with the champion it would be nice to reduce their military training (by half in my opinion) because the units are gaining too much experience due to his presence

They are just suggestion, keep up the good work