Thread: The Darthmod mods of various Paradox games

Default The Darthmod mods of various Paradox games

What would be the Darthmod of mods for some of the paradox games ?

I'm new to the genre (and series) but I have to admit I'm liking it so far.

The only mod I tried so far was pop by demand (or something like that) for V2 but... since I'm a noob I didn't see much difference in gameplay.

I'm primarily interested in good mods for HoI 3, V2 and EU4...

What do you think of black ice for HoI 3 ?

Default Re: The Darthmod mods of various Paradox games

There's not much of a good mod for HOI3, all you really need to enjoy the game is vanilla TFH. EU4 has Veritas et Fortitudo which I heard was the only decent mod for the game right now. For Vicky2, while it's not exactly the best there's /gsg/ vickymod, and another mod that shows promise (also by /gsg/) is HTM, which looks promising since the modder aims to improve upon the vanilla experience and add in new events and countries. But yeah, PDM is a pile of crap.

Since you're new to these games I would recommend getting the hand of vanilla first before trying out the mods, but that's just my two cents.
    Last edited by Kamikaze470; May 15, 2014 at 04:36 PM.

Paradox games are far better and more polished in Vanilla then any of the TW games. So i would recommend you to keep playing Vanilla until you get bored of it. After that, i would recommend "Mundus non sufficit", which you can find in the mods forum of Paradox Plaza.
    The other 2 big mods, namely MEIOU and VEF add too many features for their own good. They have very nice ideas and such, but they seem to prefer quantity of quality therefor unbalancing the game to a huge degree. I love the historical corrections and events of course, but both probably need another year or 2 fine tuning and balancing to offer a all around satisfying experience (for me at least). MNS on the other hand just introduces small, balanced and very focused features at a time and has a tight packed crew of 3-4 people, which are doing a great work improving different aspects of the game, mostly trade and Italy until now, more to come.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

CK2-Historical Immersion Project, EU4-MEIOU and Taxes, Vic2-POP demand, HOI3-Black Ice

Now that CK2+ is dead it would be HIP for CK2. Or Game of Thrones if you want a TC. HIP is best without the SWMH map mod that's optional. Unless you like a slow game with no india as well as annoying content.
    For EU4 it will be MEIOU as it was in EU3.

I don't consider Vic2 or Hoi3 as existing. Mods were unable to fix what's wrong with either of those games and in Vic2 it goes as far as them not making any patches in over a year when there are serious issues with the game.
    Last edited by Kanaric; May 16, 2014 at 11:51 PM.
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

That's why the best HOI game is in my humble opinion Darkest Hour. The beat mod, for any Paradox game, being Kaiserreich.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanaric View Post
    Now that CK2+ is dead it would be HIP for CK2. Or Game of Thrones if you want a TC. HIP is best without the SWMH map mod that's optional. Unless you like a slow game with no india as well as annoying content.
    For EU4 it will be MEIOU as it was in EU3.

I don't consider Vic2 or Hoi3 as existing. Mods were unable to fix what's wrong with either of those games and in Vic2 it goes as far as them not making any patches in over a year when there are serious issues with the game.
    I think it's safe to say Vicky2 is at the end of it's development cycle, and I believe the main guy who was behind Vicky2 quit Paradox so theres that as well. A vicky3 will probably be the thing we'll see next.
    Last edited by Kamikaze470; May 17, 2014 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze470 View Post
    I think it's safe to say Vicky2 is at the end of it's development cycle, and I believe the main guy who was behind Vicky2 quit Paradox so theres that as well. A vicky3 will probably be the thing we'll see next.
    And after that, Rome 2.

I have to admit Victoria 3 with an extended timeframe would appease me greatly.

I wish it would start at least 1600s or 1700s and probably end sometime during the interwar period...

I'm eager for a Rome 2 as well...

On Victoria 2 i say Popdemand mod, its great! All those new countries and events, new goods....

Gotta say Vicky 2 with PDM is my favorite paradox game, and i love both HoI3 and CK2...
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfburk View Post
    Gotta say Vicky 2 with PDM is my favorite paradox game, and i love both HoI3 and CK2...
    Indeed. It adds so much content to the game like:
    - a proper Boshin war and Satsuma rebellion with appropriate factions (not all of them, but the major players are there)
    - new goods and factories
    - new events
    - a prime minister whose skills influence the government
    etc.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Gatsby's Avatar Punctual Romantic

The system of port concessions with China is another massive improvement over Vanilla V2, as well as smaller things like Peru-Bolivia and the Indian Mutiny. It also stops the UK from being OP, it can still be #1 for the whole game but it generally slips to America and maybe Germany.

For HOI3 I personally love the Historical Plausibility Project, which vastly improves the China situation, makes the USA a better challenge, gives Japan a choice of routes regarding if and who to declare war on. It does a whole host of things, and generally the pre-war era is more interesting as September 1939 is no longer the be all and end all of the diplomacy game.

I only bought EU4 a few days ago, I was going to load a mod but from what I can tell technical issues are really limiting a lot of projects so far. That seems to be the consensus on the forum, so I'd say you'll need to wait until you get as good a selection as EU3. I myself liked the MEIOU mod for ages, but it's quite slow and the number of pretty much irrelevant detail does get grating.
    You'll have more fun at a Glasgow stabbing than an Edinburgh wedding.

Under the patronage of the mighty Dante von Hespburg

/gsg/ is the Darth Mod of Paradox Games