Page 8 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

Halie Satanus's Avatar Emperor of ice cream
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

Don't worry lads, once the world cup is over Wenger is going to pay inflated money for stellar names. Or is that stellar money for inflated names...

Default Re: 2014/2015 Football transfers thread.. Yeh it's that time again folks..

I can get you Balotelli for 30 mil pounds. Deal?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Basil II the B.S View Post
    I can get you Balotelli for 30 mil pounds. Deal?
    Talk to me after the world cup..

So, as if letting Fab join (one of) our biggest rivals wasn't bad enough, Wenger is faced with rumours this morning Cazorla is keen on a (£15m) move to Atletico.

Song has been told he can leave Barca. So we probably will end up with one Barca midfield reject this summer.

Speaking of rejects. David Bentley has retired from football at the age of 29 stating he fell out of love with football.. Has there ever been a more spectacular fall from mediocrity? From Arsenal-Blackburn-Spuds-Blackburn-various loans-Peterbough-retired. And wasn't he (nearly) picked for England!! Given the kiss of death so many times 'He could be the new David Beckham.' How long before Bentley is training at London Colney and Wenger is eyeing him for a deal..
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; June 13, 2014 at 05:27 AM.

Treva ★'s Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Halie Satanus View Post
    Don't worry lads, once the world cup is over Wenger is going to pay inflated money for stellar names. Or is that stellar money for inflated names...
    Well, we'll have to wait and see, eh?
    The tentacled horror from beyond my stars spoke, and von Neumann help me, in my madness, I understood its words.
    СИНДИКАТ!
    Dè a tha Montrose Mór ag ràdh?
    Heavy Metal will never die. - Sir Christopher Frank Carrandini Lee.

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    Administrator Emeritus

Sagna gone to Citeh - no surprise there, but on a free so don't even get a penny of it.

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

So, as if letting Fab join (one of) our biggest rivals wasn't bad enough, Wenger is faced with rumours this morning Cazorla is keen on a (£15m) move to Atletico.

Song has been told he can leave Barca. So we probably will end up with one Barca midfield reject this summer.

Speaking of rejects. David Bentley has retired from football at the age of 29 stating he fell out of love with football.. Has there ever been a more spectacular fall from mediocrity? From Arsenal-Blackburn-Spuds-Blackburn-various loans-Peterbough-retired. And wasn't he (nearly) picked for England!! Given the kiss of death so many times 'He could be the new David Beckham.' How long before Bentley is training at London Colney and Wenger is eyeing him for a deal..
    You may not trust me, but Song suffers from the same disease that every pivote not named Busquets suffers in Barcelona: he's just not Busquets. As a matter of fact Song has learned a lot. His passing has become much better, his positioning has become better as well. But like many players in Barcelona, he's misused and played out of position. He's more like a CM in the body of a DM. Unfortunately Arsenal already have midfielders to spare and maybe Wenger managed to find the weak link in the team by hiring a new fitness coach.

In any case, a team that plays a double pivot would benefit from Song's time at Barcelona. Rumor's it may be United, meaning another ex-Arsenal connection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

Blog Entries

Song would never be welcomed back by the fans, he burned his bridges when he left..

Real Sociedad to buy out Arsenal stake in Vela for around £11m!!

Utd sniffing around TV5..

So after splashing out on Ozil and winning the FA cup it seems we're back to making money and selling the club captain...

torongill's Avatar Praepositus

Song would never be welcomed back by the fans, he burned his bridges when he left..

Real Sociedad to buy out Arsenal stake in Vela for around £11m!!

Utd sniffing around TV5..

So after splashing out on Ozil and winning the FA cup it seems we're back to making money and selling the club captain...
    Like I said, I'd rather see Song in United, where he could work with RVP.

As for United sniffing around TV5:
    1. Why would Wenger want to reinforce a direct rival if his budget is already as good as it's gonna get, and
    2. Why would Vermaelen go to a club without European presence, except if it's for loads of money?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernicus II View Post
    What's EB?
    "I Eddard of the house Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North, sentence you to die."
    "Per Ballista ad astra!" - motto of the Roman Legionary Artillery.
    Republicans in all their glory...

Blog Entries

Rumour this morning is Chelsea are in for Song.. !

1. Why would Wenger want to reinforce a direct rival if his budget is already as good as it's gonna get, and
    2. Why would Vermaelen go to a club without European presence, except if it's for loads of money?
    1. It's Wenger, it's what he does.
    2. TV5 can't get a run in the Arsenal team at the moment and at Utd he would. I still can't understand why Wenger doesn't give him a run as DM, he played there for Ajax and apparently was pretty good. Given the way he tackles and can burst forward I think that might even be his natural position..

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Wenger is a troll, there's no doubt about it now.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Blog Entries

Chelsea to make bid for Alex Song...

TV5 exit quickly gathered pace today... FFS...

Arsenal signal interest in Seamus Coleman (Everton) - We are not signing Seamus Coleman...
    Last edited by Halie Satanus; June 14, 2014 at 09:41 AM.

Administrator Emeritus

Perhaps he is going for yet another rebuild?

Blog Entries

Joel Campbell states he is coming back to Arsenal next season.

Wenger is seen scribbling 'Joel will be like a new signing' in his post match notes...

Blog Entries

We are not signing Benzema..

Administrator Emeritus

Arsene is there, working for French TV, maybe he can get the inside track on a few players. Mind you he may need to go to the local casualty ward to see some f them the way they are being hacked by the Hondurans. There's always one dirty side, and I think we have a winner in that category already.

You sure you want to wait the end of the World Cup for Balotelli? The price is rising

Blog Entries

We are not signing Balotelli.

Damn, we need fresh cash.

Basileos Leandros I's Avatar Writing is an art
    High up in the mountains, in my own fortress

Two blockbusters brokered by the press today:

- Higuain to Barcelona (Marca reported this)

- Xavi to the Emirates, possibly Qatar (Goal.com)
    Ja mata, TosaInu. Forever remembered.

Total War Org - https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming over France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A finished novel, published on TWC.

Visit ROMANIA! A land of beauty and culture!

Higuain isn't going anywhere unless Barca gives them 40 mil + Mascherano.