Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rome 2 music competition - post your youtube compilations (playlists)

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Icon14 Rome 2 music competition - post your youtube compilations (playlists)

Hello everyone,

currently I am playing as Rome 2 Persia and started my first campaign (thanks to the modders!) that I really would like to bring to an end (hopefully).

I've noticed how much time can be spent into the campaign map decisions, diplomacy, even though it is quite shallow sometimes, and the many battles.

To be honest I feel quite uncomfortable with the music surrounding me in Rome 2. I think there have been some threads about this earlier but I am not here to discuss this matter again but to start a competition:

Make a playlist your own, which contains your most favorite music that makes you feel more connected to the game, while you play it.

I've compiled a playlist today to especially fit the setting of my eastern campaign. I furthermore hope that the tracks won't be blocked again by the GEMA or music company claims.

here is my Rome 2 eastern campaign "music pack" FLC
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...6H28KS939uJ-ho

Hope you enjoy listening to it, too.

If anyone has proposals for my playlist, please don't hesitate to name a song. I will consider to include it as long it fits for the eastern campaign setting.

Now, I am looking foward to hear yours! Make your own Rome 2 connected playlists and post them here.

There is only one rule: The music should be connected to the game and the faction you're playing.
    Last edited by alQamar; May 10, 2014 at 05:55 AM.
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Rome 2 music competition - post your youtube compilations (playlists)

Even though no one replied here, I got some feedback via Steam for this idea and also new suggestions for my compilation. I have added two more marbles to the eastern campaign playlist.

Sufi Music Ensemble - Himma
    Omar Faruk Tekbilek - Tree of Patience

It maybe you aren't so much into this kind of music, which I could understand.

I hope someone is still willing to participate here and create a playlist for your favorite Rome 2 faction / culture, so I really would love to see anyone creating a playlist for Celtic tribes, Rome or Carthage, what do you think?
    Last edited by alQamar; May 12, 2014 at 08:37 AM.
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Civis

Default Re: Rome 2 music competition - post your youtube compilations (playlists)

i tried to post but it i got auto logged out 'fore i could hit post reply, losing my work
    Those last 2 you just added were absolutely Epic btw,
    and befitting a peaceful enlightened empire.

This reminds me of Nox arcana's (best) album Necronomicon :

My favorite Eastern theme :
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsZK...48288B07986B14
    A somewhat evil egyptian like theme: (does have a little chanting though)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiSA...48288B07986B14

A good defending Naval Theme:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJtU...48288B07986B14
    A good attacking/raiding naval theme
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VwH...48288B07986B14
    The most Epic Ancient Naval theme of all : (and best of the entire album imo)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBpp...48288B07986B14
    end this at 4:30 otherwise breaks immersion for the classical era.
    Last edited by revan.be; May 12, 2014 at 09:43 AM.
    Attila: Total War TWC benchmark thread - New results included - last content update 14.03.2015

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

A dark temptation revan but good sounds. Take your time to find some more and place them into a public youtube playlist and post the link of the playlist later.

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

I often end up turning off the in-game music for a few hours after it starts to get old and I've heard it for 50+ hours. Just to mix it up for a bit. Then I'll play a Youtube playlist I've made in the background, but sometimes it can be hard to find songs or playlists that fit really well with the atmosphere of TWR2. Not to mention some songs are really good for the campaign map and others are really good for the battle map, and you cant exactly tell your youtube playlist which one of those 2 things you're doing in that moment.

But this is one that I have been listening too non-stop for the past 2 weeks. I play it a lot during any barbarian faction playthrough. The general theme is Celtic, but there are certain bits of other cultures mixed in there too just because some of the songs are so good imo.

Anyway, enough talking, here it is. Lemme know what you think.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ovnDzX8Qp_mk8v

Edit: Oh forgot to mention, I really like this particular playlist because the guy who made all these videos doesn't monetize them, so you never ever ever hear commercials play as its running in the background.
    Last edited by Silven; May 12, 2014 at 11:07 AM.

Sharpe's Avatar Praeses

My tunez:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Here is my soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKGO...aWoXqJevrT_lg1

Contains soundtracks for Eastern, Hellenic, Roman, Barbaric.

Note: Not in particular order but will do later.
    Last edited by The Wandering Storyteller; May 13, 2014 at 08:07 AM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Thanks for the many additions! I will check them out and thankfully report my opinions and impressions I got.
    @Sharp, basically I intentionally though we would see more classical parts of music relating to the game (don't have to be historically accurate though) instead of pop and charts, but well thanks you posted your vids, too. Unfortunately I wasn't able to view the most of them because this freaking GEMA contoversy we have in Germany. So most of the vids are blocked and I would be forced to launch every single one using a proxy site.

I posted a thread on Total War identical to this simply asking what everyone uses for their background music, and it got moved to Rants and Raves immediately

but yea I find myself almost consantly either using the Skyrim soundtrack, i really like the atmospheric songs midway for the campaign map.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atM3ZhF8MVs
    also another awesome soundtrack for campaign is the Age of Conan soundtrack, I used to play that game a lot and love every single song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kn9...A7270DA219EAB8

but for battle music, there is nothing better than the composer Basil Poledouris' score of Conan the Barbarian... every single song makes you wanna unsheathe your sword and cut something
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1V7fi5IqYw

Cavalier's Avatar Vicarius

Sabaton - Heroes
    August Strindberg: "There's a view, current at the moment even among quite sensible people, that women, that secondary form of humanity (second to men, the lords and shapers of human civilisation) should in some way become equal with men, or could so be; this is leading to a struggle which is both bizarre and doomed. It's bizarre because a secondary form, by the laws of science, is always going to be a secondary form. Imagine two people, A (a man) and B (a woman). They start to run a race from the same point, C. A (the man) has a speed of, let's say, 100; B (the woman) has a speed of 60. Now, the question is 'Can B ever overtake A?" and the answer is 'Never!'. Whatever training, encouragement or self-denial is applied, the proposition is as impossible as that two parallel lines should ever meet."

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Silven View Post
    I often end up turning off the in-game music for a few hours after it starts to get old and I've heard it for 50+ hours. Just to mix it up for a bit. Then I'll play a Youtube playlist I've made in the background, but sometimes it can be hard to find songs or playlists that fit really well with the atmosphere of TWR2. Not to mention some songs are really good for the campaign map and others are really good for the battle map, and you cant exactly tell your youtube playlist which one of those 2 things you're doing in that moment.

But this is one that I have been listening too non-stop for the past 2 weeks. I play it a lot during any barbarian faction playthrough. The general theme is Celtic, but there are certain bits of other cultures mixed in there too just because some of the songs are so good imo.

Anyway, enough talking, here it is. Lemme know what you think.
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...ovnDzX8Qp_mk8v

Edit: Oh forgot to mention, I really like this particular playlist because the guy who made all these videos doesn't monetize them, so you never ever ever hear commercials play as its running in the background.
    Hey Silven, I have had the time to listen to the full list now. He is really a great composer. I like the music very much and it fitted quite perfectly to the gaul / celtic campaign I played with SamueleD.
    I think I make a new playlist and get the japanese stuff out of it and search more similar themed songs to combine them into a celtic faction music "FLC", if that is ok for you. Your help in this matter is of course very appreciated.

Hi alQamar, Some good stuff there, Iv been listening to the gladiator soundtrack on and off for a while now, but lately iv been listening to wardruna for an Iceni campaign. heres just a few favourites of mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn1ct1xomoY Fehu is the best in my opinion> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0c1H30ytCs and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gKW1R6mCH4&feature=kp Watching Oathsworn go to work with this playing really sets the scene.

Wyrd bi∂ ful aręd

Silven's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    Hey Silven, I have had the time to listen to the full list now. He is really a great composer. I like the music very much and it fitted quite perfectly to the gaul / celtic campaign I played with SamueleD.
    I think I make a new playlist and get the japanese stuff out of it and search more similar themed songs to combine them into a celtic faction music "FLC", if that is ok for you. Your help in this matter is of course very appreciated.
    Ya, for the purpose of playing a Barbarian Campaign in RTW2, the japanese themed songs are a bit out of place. But most of them have a lot of energy so I just enjoy playing them in the middle of a battle since they give that "primal warfare" emotion so well. He has a video that's 2+ hours long of nothing by Celtic Music that's all really good. If you're looking for purely Celtic music I'd recommend listening to that video.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hello guys I've got excellent news about music. Radious and some others managed to mod the music and it is also allowed now by the CA.

here is the thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...modding-tools-!!!!!

I hope Radious can share me the details how to mod the music so we can put more music mods online based on the good stuff we have collected here.

When a battle is immenent and you need music to pump you up you cannot beat Holy Martyr's Hellenic Warrior Spirit album. If you're playing a Hellenic faction it is a must, Spartan Phalanx wants to make you jump in the phalanx yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEj-fitj3Bc

Blopwerth III's Avatar Civis

This is what is always in my head as I play Rome II, and sometimes I actually do listen to it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

As barbarian factions, especially the Iceni, I listen to this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiwuQ6UHMQg

Adrian von Ziegler could kick Richard Beddow's keister in any music contest. They should have hired him, as long as we're assuming they didn't get Jeff van Dyke on purpose.

The link to this thread in your signature is broken, by the way.
    Last edited by Blopwerth III; June 26, 2014 at 12:21 PM.
    Blopwerth III, the not-quite-emperor formerly known as Pringles VII!

(It might or might not involve copyright.)
    Pointless Norwegian flag!

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

thank Pringles for your submissions and for pointing out the broken link. I thought about getting into touch with a real music mod, however the copyright stuff kills all. I really don't want to ask for permission for all tunes I would use in a music mod.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

What about this, this, this and this which you can find them all here.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Hi OvO I've seen the mod on Steam workshop. I think it is a great addition. I really would love to make an own music mod but as said most of the soundtrack I used are copyrighted, perhaps I could use them in a mod under fair use terms, what do you think?

If this would be possible I would take the time to make a music mod or even several ones based from the submissions here.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I think using copyrighted music on workshop will surely get taken out immediately from Steam. Even TWC wil usally not host them, depending on circumstances.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast