Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Destiny - Bungie

Default Re: Destiny - Bungie

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Nelson B. View Post
    Am I the only one that is not hyped at all about this? Maybe my old age...not sure. Just don't understand what makes this game so special.
    Nope there are several of us that have been like "Mmmeh". I honestly am not attracted it to it at all. I've tried watching videos and so forth but it just looks like Halo that's not in the Halo universe. I like the idea, but personally if I'm going to play a game like Destiny they have stuck to the Halo universe. This one just seems weird and cartoony to me.

Publius Clodius Pulcher's Avatar Senator

Gotta admit, the hype machine for this game is beginning to suck me in when it normally wouldn't (it's helpful that it isn't being advertised as CoD with Mechs BRO! like Titanfall). Anybody playing this wanna give up some impressions, especially of the last-gen versions (I have a PS3)? I'd love to hear some real thoughts, as most gaming sites ping-pong between greatest thing ever and over hyped PoS

Rest in Peace Smokin Levon Helm

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm playing it on the PS4 and I'm enjoying it so far. But that could be mainly because I just got the PS4 as well and this is the first game I'm playing on it and it does look amazing. The game is a weird mix. You're online with a lot of people but you can't talk to them unless you're in a fireteam with them. There's this great universe and lore created but the overall story is bland and weak. Peter Dinkladge is the tiny voice of the robot! But he's weird and detached of anything that is going on.

I actually think that the most exciting aspect of the story was already shown in the beta. There's not much after that. You could say I was spoiled by actual RPG's where you have real characters and lots of explaining of what is going on... It might turn into a great game with expansions/dlc, but that would mean a lot more money to spend. Which would suck.

But I was actually surprised how fun and easy it is to play. I never tried shooting at anything before with a ps controller without auto-aim, but in Destiny you can be a pretty good shot with a little practice.
    No.

I played this game all day on PlayStation. It is as I expected a 6/10 or 7/10 game. Nothing special here
    Swear filters are for sites run by immature children.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I gave in to the hype and bought it for the Xbox One.
    It's a beautiful game and it is good, no doubt about it. It isn't the best game ever made but it is good.

I've only done the first couple of missions however and then went to grinding the patrol missions? I don't actually know how the game works at all if I'm honest. I've just gone from waypoint to waypoint.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Bungie should have stayed with Halo

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

I played it on my cousin's Xbone, and as mentioned above, it's easy to pick up and fun to play (this is coming from someone who's terrible at shooters ). It's a downright entertaining game.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I've only done the first couple of missions however and then went to grinding the patrol missions? I don't actually know how the game works at all if I'm honest. I've just gone from waypoint to waypoint.
    It's not that hard to level up actually. After 2 missions on Earth, I just wanted to explore the map with the patrol, tried a bit of PvP and I ended up being 3 levels above the next mission's recommended level. I think you even earn xp from turning engrams. Also, get bounties from the Tower. Finding the 5 golden chests on each planet helps a lot as well.

The game "works" like this: when you do a mission, you're set along a determined path via waypoints. In Patrol, you can explore the entire map, including all the places the missions send you, but with less impressive boss fights and more casual shooting around. On Earth, you can run around in a complete circle and go through all the mission locations. You can even find the tunnel from the tutorial mission.
    Side-quests in patrols can either be about killing anything around you, or they can send you to scan a certain area. That's when they'll give you a waypoint to guide you to the needed area. I found out that the side-quests are random regardless of the beacon you activate, and can sometimes send you halfway across the map to complete. If you're a level 3, you can very well end up going in the level 8 mob area just to scan something. That can get you killed. I had to turn down half the quests when I was level 3.
    Last edited by Razvus; September 16, 2014 at 01:50 AM.
    No.

Do you guys think a 500GB PS4 with Destiny for £319 is a good deal, I' unsure if I should get it or not?

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

I do not recommend Destiny, mate. It's an overhyped game like Watch Dogs. Even it's getting average ratings all over so i would suggest not to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    I do not recommend Destiny, mate. It's an overhyped game like Watch Dogs. Even it's getting average ratings all over so i would suggest not to buy.
    Well it comes free with the PS4

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Raradir View Post
    Do you guys think a 500GB PS4 with Destiny for £319 is a good deal, I' unsure if I should get it or not?
    I don't know much about deals with the PS4 but game.co.uk are doing a £350 thing where you get the Xbox One, Destiny and then when it's released, the Master Chief collection (which is Halo 1, 2, 3 and 4 all remastered).
    £20 more would get you that and CoD: Ghosts included but who wants that.

I'm sure there'll be similar deals for the PS4 but I wouldn't know much about that.

It's overhyped but it's closer to it's hype than Watch Dogs was.
    It's a very good game. A little repetitive but it's still very good and there's a tonne of stuff to do.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

You don't even have a console based on your previous comments, so unless you have played it at a friend's house you can't give an opinion on it based on experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Raradir View Post
    I got it. It's a nice set, and the game is pretty fun. It is certainly repetitive but I have yet to become bored.

If you were planning on getting a PS4 anyway, why not now?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    You don't even have a console based on your previous comments, so unless you have played it at a friend's house you can't give an opinion on it based on experience.

I got it. It's a nice set, and the game is pretty fun. It is certainly repetitive but I have yet to become bored.

If you were planning on getting a PS4 anyway, why not now?
    I did, I got it, mainly for the PS4, but at least I'll have something to play on when it comes tomorrow

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

If you want someone to play it with send me a request, GenChris1
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

If you want someone to play it with send me a request, GenChris1
    Will do, I doubt I'll be getting much Uni work done tomorrow haha

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Funny you said that. I never preordered any game before seeing some reviews no matter how hardcore fan i am. So before making any recommendations i must BUY a game then talk about it according to you. The ultimate point is this discussion you should do not PAY anything before seeing what it is look like (companies doesn't give a after you purchased their product bad or not). Also Gamespot gave "6" and it got many average reviews which is no buy for me even if they release on PC. Even also being a hardcore gamer since 99 i'm perfectly capable of making decisions before buying any game whatsoever. I'm sorry if don't want to enjoy a mediocre at best but i have high standarts as all people should have.

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

Well I agree with the no preorder philosophy but he seems to like it so why give a about what other people enjoy. Do you really think the terrible video game journalists are trustworthy on anything? It's probably a good game but the whole "$500 million it'll be the best game ever!!!" Hurt it's reviews. So you ignored his question by still talking crap about a game you've never played. I personally don't give a damn but I do get really pissed when people give answers that are pretty much a rant based off of nothing other than what they heard. If I get it I will have an open mind, something you seem incapable of doing because of personal reasons.
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

After completing the story, I have to say it's one of the poorest ones I have ever played. Short, weak, bland and barely anything is explained in it. I was fighting the final bosses and I had very few clues about why I was there at all, and what was I about to achieve. There was a parade at the end, so I guess it was a good thing.
    However, the gameplay is one of the best that I have ever played, so that has something to say. This really pulls the whole game behind it. There's also the pvp that technically amounts to half the game. So there's that to consider.

FUN is the one word I'd use to describe Destiny. The story is a letdown, but when you're having so much fun with the rest of it, it's really hard to be disappointed in the end. I don't regret buying it, and since I got it in the PS4 bundle, I really really don't regret buying it.
    No.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast