Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Destiny - Bungie

Default Re: Destiny - Bungie

the 25 minute, script-heavy, year old conceptual tech demo in the OP is what really sold me about this game, although of course i'll have to wait and see exactly how they are going to transform what is demonstrated in the tech demo into a practical game. we already know how certain companies like to pretty up pre-release footage and deliver something else. but this is some seriously amazing presentation from Bungie. i really like the term "MMOFPSRPG", i will probably end up waiting for the PC version if Craptivision bothers with it.

i am wondering how PVP will be done, if there will be such a thing as world PVP or if it will be arena centered. it looks like the storytelling is being cared for.
    Last edited by snuggans; May 13, 2014 at 01:10 AM.

God-Emperor of Mankind's Avatar Apperently I protect

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    its all about sales numbers, thats why they dont release it.....for now.

for the rest, jeeeeeeeeeeeeez bribing and other conspiracy theories and saying the game is meh and sucks, we barely have seen enough to judge and honestly i feel this is the old "i dont like, i will bash because is not on my favorite platform" xD
    I don't care if it's on consoles or not, I got a PS4 so I would be set had the game looked good but it looks generic as hell.

And it's no conspiracy theory that publishers spend alot of money on marketing and ensuring good reviews is one partof it.
    Look at BF4, it got 8/10, 9/10 or even perfect scores and this despite a pathetic SP campaign and a multiplayer that didn't work even on consoles. Any honest reviewer would have given a game in that state a 4/10 or lower.
    Saying it now, expect 10/10 scores for destiny even if it won't be nowhere near close to it.

Quote Originally Posted by God-Emperor of Mankind View Post
    I don't care if it's on consoles or not, I got a PS4 so I would be set had the game looked good but it looks generic as hell.
    i think it looks very "Bungie-esque", definitely right up their alley, compared to Halo (whose universe i also like) this is a good progression for them in my opinion. creature and environment design are stellar, i think perhaps some of the weapons were a bit generic but i also saw some very interesting weapons or gear being used which created lots of light displays. overall the concept art is very solid. i am not so sure how those graphics in the tech demo are going to translate to an actual game, but the lighting and shaders were superb so even if some of that gets cut due to hardware limitations, they definitely know how to create an immersive environment.
    Last edited by snuggans; May 13, 2014 at 02:29 AM.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Anyone play the Playstation beta? I want to play the Xbox beta when it starts in a few days but I would rather buy the game digitally and I don't know that I could get a beta code that way.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    took an arrow to the knee Content Emeritus spy of the council

Blog Entries

I would be playing the Beta now but it has been down for a few hours. Which is good, cause I need to study.

(but instead, I'm on TWC)
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

Razvus's Avatar Campidoctor

I'm watching vids of people playing the beta. It looks like a fun game, making me want to buy it when it gets released. But I'd be 10 times more thrilled if it came on pc as well. I never played a shooter on a console and the controls are not my favorite part.
    No.

FPS shooters on consoles are a non existent world for me which I will never be able to understand or appreciate.

I'm mainly a PC player, but a friend of mine convinced me to download the beta on my Xbox 360. The visuals were somewhat impressive, the textures were blurry but the lighting effects, which I've always held to be more important, are actually quite lovely. The gameplay is tight, basically more halo, but I've found myself having a blast. I even forget I'm using a controller sometimes! I'll probably be nabbing an Xbox One sometime before September, predominately for the new Halo collection, but Destiny will be a sure buy for me. Oh, and for those holding out for PC, the rumor is that March 2015 will see the release on PC, from what I've heard someone discovered an entry for it in the Steam database.

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by The Despondent Mind View Post
    FPS shooters on consoles are a non existent world for me which I will never be able to understand or appreciate.
    +1 Just thinking about playing this makes my thumbs hurt. See you in 2015?

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Hehehehhehe, playing FPS with a controller and auto aim... just NO.
    Last edited by gastovski; July 27, 2014 at 11:31 AM.

How things change within a few days.... I ended up pre-ordering a white PS4 console that comes in a bundle with Destiny.
    No.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Razvus View Post
    How things change within a few days.... I ended up pre-ordering a white PS4 console that comes in a bundle with Destiny.
    I'm considering getting this as well.

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I admit I was thinking about a ps4 ever since it got released, but I didn't really have a good reason to get one since I have a ps3. So I started thinking about Destiny on the ps3, regardless of difference in visuals (last gen/current gen). Then I saw that bundle, and a plan started to form... "sell the ps3, get that bundle. You never played Last of Us right? You'll get it for the ps4 too. You can do it."

Arguments like "this will be the new platform", "it will probably last another 8 years" and "they'll stop releasing games for ps3" crept up as well.
    No.

Blog Entries

Well, this has launched today. I can't play it yet because I am far too busy with other things.

But anyone else playing it?

it seems like nobody cares about this game on this forum
    EDIT: 500th post!.....such a lame one...
    Last edited by Adamwestisgod; September 09, 2014 at 09:37 PM.
    Any Veterans of the Afghanistan/Iraq wars join my group. Im trying to get a Veterans group started on here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adamwestisgod View Post
    it seems like nobody cares about this game on this forum
    EDIT: 500th post!.....such a lame one...
    Well it isn't on PC yet. So I'm not overly surprised.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Still waiting for that PC release date. But at least we get Shadows of Mordor a month or so ahead of the consoles.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Am I the only one that is not hyped at all about this? Maybe my old age...not sure. Just don't understand what makes this game so special.
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    Still waiting for that PC release date. But at least we get Shadows of Mordor a month or so ahead of the consoles.
    I was about to say "The hell you do!" but then I looked it up...turns out they pushed back the release dates today, but only for PS3/360. PS4/XB1 will still be available on the same day as PC.

IZob's Avatar Citizen

Some comments on Youtube have said its been over hyped regarding the 'massive' part in massive-multiplayer experience.

AngryJoe has a first impressions video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cExMKVbQdQ

Personally (I haven't played it) I think its a good game and thats just from watching game play.
    Last edited by IZob; September 10, 2014 at 02:22 AM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast