Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Announcement - Startpos download

Geronimo2006's Avatar TAR Local Moderator

Default Announcement - Startpos download

Download startpos from (05/05/2014) here. Install to Empire Total War/Data/campaigns/main. It makes the following changes intended to bring the campaign map closer to the reality of 1600 AD. To be run alongside the main download of Colonalism 1600AD. When prompted to override the earloer startpos.esf click yes.

- Russia gains Ingria (which it held in 1595-1617).
    - Poland gains Ukraine.
    - Austria gains Alsace-Lorraine. Historically it was part of the Holy Roman Empire in 1600 although not the Habsburg domains specifically.
    - Britain, France and Netherlands begin with no colonies.
    - Spain gains Jamaica, Curacao and Bahamas.
    - Portugal gains Ceylon.

European map image here:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

NB: In this older startpos you have to wait until turn 2 before you can move armies around in regions where ownerships have changed. This problem is fixed in the newer startpos at top of thread.

NB in case you have problems with this startpos you can still use another older one downloadable here which has no region changes or new factions.

----

Earlier versions in case you have problems.

May 22dn version of the startpos file here (. Install to Empire Total War/Data/campaigns/main. Scotland now playable, Transylvania owned by Austria, Don Voisko owned by Crimea, and fog of war removed from Ukraine. Install to Empire Total War/Data/campaigns/main. Ensure you have updates to main mod I uploaded today here for King James' portrait/name and Scotland description.

In case you have problems, you can download an earlier startpos below:
    -----------------------

Earlier startpos (in case you have problems with ones above):

Startpos from (05/05/2014) here. Install to Empire Total War/Data/campaigns/main. It makes the following changes intended to bring the campaign map closer to the reality of 1600 AD. To be run alongside the main download of Colonalism 1600AD. When prompted to override the earloer startpos.esf click yes.

- Russia gains Ingria (which it held in 1595-1617).
    - Poland gains Ukraine.
    - Austria gains Alsace-Lorraine. Historically it was part of the Holy Roman Empire in 1600 although not the Habsburg domains specifically.
    - Britain, France and Netherlands begin with no colonies.
    - Spain gains Jamaica, Curacao and Bahamas.
    - Portugal gains Ceylon.

European map image here:
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; July 24, 2014 at 02:19 PM.
    Colonialism 1600AD - 2016 Modding Awards for "Compilations and Overhauls".

Core i7 2600 @ 3.4ghz - NVIDIA GTX950 2GB

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Default Re: Announcement - Startpos download (updated 05/05/2014)

I would like to point out that in the new startpos, the vanilla european matchlock citizenry(18th century unit, obviously) is reenabled again, by accident I take it?

Also, the AI seems to be behaving differently, in other words, as it formerly should have. (It is no longer painfully idle, making the campaign unplayable.) This is most exciting news, but i have yet to test this, only a few turns in so far. Fingers crossed.

EDIT: Nvm, it seems it is still passive as ever. It seems as if the AI is completely shut down for some factions, most factions that is, and it took until about 1610 for bigger factions such as Sweden and Russia to start amassing anything worthwhile and start conquering very minor neighbouring provinces. (Still something the player can mow down without any effort on his part.)
    Last edited by YourStepDad; May 13, 2014 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by YourStepDad View Post
    I would like to point out that in the new startpos, the vanilla european matchlock citizenry(18th century unit, obviously) is reenabled again, by accident I take it?
    That is not possile YSD as the startpos has nothing to do with the units. However I do accept that before the last release of Colonialism 1600AD (not the startpos part) that I inadvertedly forgot to change the Prussian line infantry to its 17th century replacement model. That will be fixed in a future release in the next few weeks.

On the AI I see no reason the AI would be affected by the startpos. But I will look into it.

The next startpos will include more playable factions and region changes including Scotland.
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; May 13, 2014 at 09:38 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

I don't mean the line infantry Geronimo, I mean the town garrison that gets spawned automatically whenever a town gets besieged, the unit is named " firelock armed citizenry " , I think it was not there when I first tried your mod.

Speaking of Prussian line infantry problem - ship crew looks vanilla still too, is this intended for the time being?

I will try to change the garrison citizen infantry.

I will make the marines more 17th century looking in the next release ok.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Alrighty, cheers!

Progress report on next startpos:

- Scotland playable - done
    - fog of war removed in Ukraine - done
    - Transylvania is Ottoman - done
    - Don Voisko is Crimean - done

Still to do (no promises on these):
    - more playable factions
    - transfer of land from European protectorate in American mainland to Natives (tricky)
    - possibly Moldavia as an Ottoman protectorate
    - making Portugal a Spanish protectorate (tricky because startpos structure has changed since the protectorates tutorial)
    Last edited by Geronimo2006; May 15, 2014 at 12:37 PM.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Default Re: Announcement - Startpos download (updated 17/05/2014 - Scotland playable)

How is the startpos progressing?

Default Re: Announcement - Startpos download (updated 17/05/2014 - Scotland playable)

Slowly.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

And the patch?

What patch?

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

The upcoming update with new units is what I meant.

Because there are many new units and I'm trying to make some generals faction specific it wont be released for some time maybe a month.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

Alrighty, awesome to hear that. Looks to be a patch far bigger than I originally expected.

- possibly Moldavia as an Ottoman protectorate - wery good idea! Transylvania would be more reasonable historical realities (Transylvania conducted its own foreign policy), but I do not know how it would look in practice in the game. Maybe better? Or combine the two Danubian principalities in one country? (In 1600 they were united, despite the fact that only two years by Michael the Brave)
    - Whats about Ukrainian Cossaks/Hetmnat?

I'm only intermediate on startpos so I can't give date on if/when some of this will be possible Otto/Flik.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

JanHetman's Avatar Foederatus

In 1600 there wasn't such country as "Ukraine". Only people who lived in "Ukraine" - Ruthenians and Poles. Ukraine was just a province of Poland (Ukraina means province). Cossaks had autonomy for years
    1649-1764 (in 1664 Poland lost half of Ukraine). It's 1600.
    Poland strong.
    Forever.
    Bye.
    Stap stealing provinces from it.

Could I suggest giving Hungary back to the Ottomans? It was Ottoman for practically the entire century - I believe that Austrians conquered Buda only some years after the siege of Vienna (1683)

Quote Originally Posted by demostene View Post
    Could I suggest giving Hungary back to the Ottomans? It was Ottoman for practically the entire century - I believe that Austrians conquered Buda only some years after the siege of Vienna (1683)
    But Pressburg was Austrian-ruled in 1600 and that is the main city there in the game.

Colonialism 1600 AD blog

oh, I see. Too bad that the regions cannot be split... Hungary is huge.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast