Thread: Constantine: Rise of Christianity FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

Icon5 Constantine: Rise of Christianity FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

Q. When I go to the New Campaign screen, I still see the old factions. When I go into the game, the faction starting areas are not changed.
    A. You have a mod that is conflicting with this mod. Any other mod that edits the startpos will conflict with this mod. These include Turn Per Year Mods, Radious, DeI, and many others.

Q. Units have their vanilla names and the factions have their vanilla names as well?
    A. You are using a non-English version of Rome 2. Old faction names and other texts will not display correctly. I will work on language support if possible in the future.

Q. When I try to play another campaign, there is text missing and other errors?
    A. Disable this mod when you want to play a different campaign. Otherwise, there will be issues.

Q. What mods are compatible with this mod?
    A. Mods that are compatible include: Camera mods, graphics mods, battle-only mods, and unit packs. This mod includes Traits, Talents and Toadies so no need to use it.

Q. I have disabled other mods and the factions/starting areas are still wrong.
    A. You either have an old mod in your Rome2/data folder that is conflicting (even if it isn't active), or you need to reverify your game cache.

Content Questions

Q. Many of the units do not have historically accurate textures/names, will that change?
    A. Absolutely. We will be doing overhauls for all the factions' units as we go. Ahiga has already started working on custom models for the mod that will make it much more historically accurate.

Q. Historically, religion wasn't the way it is depicted in the mod. Christianity existed alongside the Imperial religion and Constantine didn't convert until his deathbed. Why is this incorrect in the mod?
    A. For gameplay reasons, I had to make some sacrifices to historical accuracy. Since factions can only have one culture (and can't convert), I had to simplify the idea of religions. Also, I made Constantine Christian (and his starting lands that way) for gameplay reasons as well.

Q. Some factions have very limited or vanilla rosters. Will this change?
    A. We will be adding many custom units to the various factions over time.

Q. It seems like the Battle AI (and mechanics) and CAI are mostly vanilla. Will this change?
    A. Yes, I left it as vanilla because I haven't had a chance to address these areas. I wanted users to be able to use other standalone BAI and CAI mods until I could get to these areas.
    Last edited by Dresden; May 08, 2014 at 01:11 PM.