Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to use custom settlements from another mod in yours, both in campaign and custom battles. (Editing .worldpkgdesc files)

Default Re: How to use custom settlements from another mod in yours, both in campaign and custom battles. (Editing .worldpackage files)

Quote Originally Posted by nadalio View Post

Curiosity:
    Are there some ways to show a settlement with walls already broken(like destroied from sige engines) from the begining?
    I just ask, or is it like osgiliath that must have two separate models?

thank you
    To get a 'designed' broken settlement in you definitely need two models.

If you're not bothered exactly which bits are broken - then you could try damaging the core/walls 'building' i.e. the EDB entry, via the script, which should then show up in battle. You'd need to do it each turn though, or when enemy forces are in range or something... otherwise the owner will probably just repair it.

Default Re: How to use custom settlements from another mod in yours, both in campaign and custom battles. (Editing .worldpackage files)

hello i just put in from EB a settlement(cul_4)hindu tribe, too use in mine private mod,but it seems that the settlements city and large_city(hugh city i don't need)have smaller walls then in medieval total war II settlements,this i use for rajput faction,is their something too do about this?and can this be done only for one faction,with culture rajputs?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0000.jpg  

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Sorry guys, but i can't enter the campaign after adding the large settlement from one mod replacing a village of another. I followed the guide, and i removed the rvm-file. But it won't enter..

Am i supposed to remove old entries or something? The faction is Byzantium, and the new settlements are for the greeks/byzantium - but i guess the old loaded villages belonged to a different culture. I know the faction has the greek culture, but there is some trouble.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    Sorry guys, but i can't enter the campaign after adding the large settlement from one mod replacing a village of another. I followed the guide, and i removed the rvm-file. But it won't enter..

Am i supposed to remove old entries or something? The faction is Byzantium, and the new settlements are for the greeks/byzantium - but i guess the old loaded villages belonged to a different culture. I know the faction has the greek culture, but there is some trouble.
    you shouldn't be able to kill the campaign by swapping battlemap settlement models... please explain exactly all the files you changed

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    you shouldn't be able to kill the campaign by swapping battlemap settlement models... please explain exactly all the files you changed
    I guess it must have to do with the descr_strat. I replaced village with "large_city", settlement creator was already Byzantium and i tried "large_stone_walls" as the walls of the settlement. But i also tried using no walls at all.

The same problem has happened before when using the wrong letters in the descr_strat - so i guess it's something regarding this file.

But as all settlements of WotN are villages i can't really know what walls to use for large_city. But my guess is of course that there should be "large_stone_walls" written there.

As for the files replaced i added a folder with the following paths "D:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\WotN\data\settlements\Greek\Settlements\Large_city.

I did use the IWTE-program as mentioned above. But i just can't enter the campaign and is returned to the menu screen after trying to add the edits in the descr_strat-file.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again

- The Havamal

I guess it must have to do with the descr_strat. I replaced village with "large_city", settlement creator was already Byzantium and i tried "large_stone_walls" as the walls of the settlement. But i also tried using no walls at all.

The same problem has happened before when using the wrong letters in the descr_strat - so i guess it's something regarding this file.

But as all settlements of WotN are villages i can't really know what walls to use for large_city. But my guess is of course that there should be "large_stone_walls" written there.
    yup that will be your problem - it's a text editing thing, nothing to do with IWTE/3d stuff - a non-castle settlement at large_city level should use
    'core_building' 'large_stone_wall'
    not walls - note that you probably also need to change the population of the settlement so that it fits in with what your mod thinks is enough for a large_city...

you need to A. do one thing at a time - i.e. get it to load the vanilla large city before you try substituting new models... &
    B. learn to look at and read towards the end of your .log file, which should be giving you a relevant error message about descr_strat stuff

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Many people is asking about how to transfer custom settlements implemented in some sub-mod to another one.

Here we go:

The settlement files are mostly located in data/settlements.

Each settlement has its folder, you can see the seven files inside it plus a folder called /maps, wich comtains .texture files for paiting the settlement ground with tile, mud and farms.

Copy the entire settlement folder and paste it inside your data/settlements folder in your mod.

Now, open IWTE, go in Worldfiles tab and click Edit worldpackage button. Navigate to where you pasted the settlement folder in your mod, open the folder and double click the .worldpackage file.

You should see something this:

This example is for my Erebor of course.

The really impportant boxes for you now are the Pkg Path, the Type, the Faction and the Culture ones.

In Pkg Path, place the path for the place where you allocated the settlement folder in your mod.

In Type, put the level you want to use for this settlement in your mod.

In Faction, choose a faction for it. (Remember that then each settlement of this category (huge city in the example) for this faction, will read your custom settlement. So imagine that in TATW moors is a playable faction, eveytime I upgrade a settlement to huge city it will be a Erebor! So you must choose a non playable faction, a free not used slot. You could also do like we did in TATW, preventing specific cultures to build huge cities, like we did with the moors (dwarves) wich are southern_european. So Erebor uses the huge_city slot from moors but they can't upgrade any city to huge, so there will be only 1 Erebor, they will not be able to go arround building erebors on the campaign map.

Open desc_sm_factions.txt inside /data folder in your mod, and check for wich culture the faction you placed in the .worldpackage belongs. Put this culture in the Culture box.

Its finished, Click ok. go inside the settlement folder, there is now 2 .worldpackage files, delete the original one (the one with a smaller name), and rename the new one (the one with a bigger name) to have the same name from the original. You can also delete the text file created there.

Now you must edit the descr_strat.txt file inside data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder so the region where you want your custom settlement located will match your edited .worldpackage file.

In descr_strat.txt, navigate to the region you want to have your settlement. In my sub-mod for TATW, it looks like this:

Code:
    settlement
    {
        level huge_city
        region Erebor_Province

year_founded 0
        population 5236
        plan_set default_set
        faction_creator moors
        building
        {
            type hinterland_info_building3 info_Erebor
        }
        building
        {
            type core_building huge_stone_wall
        }

}
    Notice the level and the faction_creator, they must match the info you putted in the .worldpackage file.
    The type core_building must match the level. You can easly check another examples in this descr_strat.txt file to see wich entry corresponds to the level you're using. Be careful to not confuse castle types with city types as they share the same level names.

OK you're done.

Now go into /data/world/maps/base and delete map.rw. Start your mod, start a new campaign and go check if things are working.

There is also many things related with 3d unique models for your settlement on camapign map, and hidden resources that prevent your unique settlement beeing upgraded in the campaign and then changing it to another settlement but this is not a matter for this small tutorial here. By checking the files in TATW you can learn by example about these things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you will learn how to acess custom settlements directly in custom battles, this will not directly teach you how to organize your mod in therms of what custom settlements will be present in custom battles but just allow you to use any of them in a quick way, however, the process is the same for all things related with this, so I belive at the end you will be able to organize your mod the way you want. I will use as example how you can quickly do it in TATW. Here we go:

1- With IWTE, open the 3 main files in mods/Third age.../data/settlements/south_european/huge city (it actually can be any settlement but remember that each one has a size for siege towers and walls so keep in mind that you must choose one that fits the size of your settlement's walls).

2- In IWTE, "worldfiles" tab, click "update reference paths". Copy the text lines on the boxes (paste them on a notepad file or such).
    Click cancel.

3- Copy the name of the files in this folder (southern_european_huge_city or such, do not copy the extension of the file, just its name). Also paste it in some notepad file.

4- Delete all these files inside this southern european huge city folder., EXCEPT THE .WORLDPACKAGE ONE.

5- Copy the files from your custom settlement folder EXCEPT THE .WORLDPACKAGE ONE and paste them in this southern european huge city folder.

6- Change the name of all these files you pasted to the name you just got from the previous vanilla ones, wich is southern_european_huge_city.

7- Repeat step 1 but now for the new files you just changed the name. In IWTE "worldfiles" tab, click "update reference paths", change the lines to the ones you previously copied into a notepad file as I said. CLICK OK. Click on SAVE 3 BINARY FILES.

8- Go into the folder and delete the old files, rename the new ones that emerged to match its names (the new ones will probably be generated with a "-1" on the end of its name, just rename it to look exactly like the old ones you just deleted, so replacing them, if no new file emerged then it already replaced the current ones, dont do anything with them, its already done).

4- Open TATW (the game itself), go into custom battles, select any place with no symbol on the front of the name (that symbol with crosses swords). Select, DWARVES and HUGE CITY (or the size you had choose previously). load the battle. It will not show the correct masks on the ground (farms and path etc...) but that makes absolutelly no difference for testing your settlement.
    Thanks for the guide. I am trying to do this and the settlement do load, but all the new houses are black on the battle-map - why is that? I don't really know what to do.

Pictures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-02-27 04-55-22-600.jpg   kingdoms 2017-02-27 04-55-25-635.jpg   kingdoms 2017-02-27 04-55-28-915.jpg   kingdoms 2017-02-27 04-55-33-850.jpg   kingdoms 2017-02-27 04-55-40-280.jpg  

- The Havamal

You're missing the textures;
    Open the 3 binary files (.world, .worldcollision, .animinstances) with IWTE again - expand the "Textures" window - that'll tell you what textures it's using and where they are
    (probably blockset/textures) - go find them in the mod you've borrowed the settlement from, copy and paste them to same place in your mod. You don't need to save or change the .world files.

If the mod has a /winter or /variants or /faction_variants folder beneath where the texture is check there for any texture with the same name, you may want to copy those too, depending on your climate/factions.

Open the 3 binary files (.world, .worldcollision, .animinstances) with IWTE again - expand the "Textures" window - that'll tell you what textures it's using and where they are
    (probably blockset/textures) - go find them in the mod you've borrowed the settlement from, copy and paste them to same place in your mod. You don't need to save or change the .world files.

If the mod has a /winter or /variants or /faction_variants folder beneath where the texture is check there for any texture with the same name, you may want to copy those too, depending on your climate/factions.
    Thanks for your advice. Now i am going to try again to add these custom settlements into the mod. The weird thing was it didn't work at all when using the actual faction as the settlement-owner - i had hoped to make all the villages of Irmunster a certain way. But it did work with a unused faction like Russia. So now i just need to follow this advice above regarding textures.

It will be more fun when the settlements actually do look like Longhouses. Nice .

- The Havamal

It would seem i have a new problem:

The settlements do use alot of buildings as techtrees, and without those individual buildings there are large empty spaces on the settlement ground between all the minor houses - the player is supposed to build those buildings and then they will show up in the game. But how do one make them show up?

Is it just by doing the same process to these buildings (giving them the same faction name in IWTE?) or do i need to actually add an entire techtree to the mod? Something i haven't done before and fear will cause trouble.

- The Havamal

It would seem i have a new problem:

The settlements do use alot of buildings as techtrees, and without those individual buildings there are large empty spaces on the settlement ground between all the minor houses - the player is supposed to build those buildings and then they will show up in the game. But how do one make them show up?
    The 'real' buildings have to be built by the player in campaign via the EDB - however if you play vanilla it has 'slot_filler' versions for the techtrees which occupy those spaces even if the player hasn't built anything.

If you're seeing empty spaces I assume the mod you took the settlement from has changed the 'type' or the 'size' of the techtree so the slot fillers don't load (they'd look like vanilla stuff so they probably shouldn't).

1st option have a look in the mod's /settlements/ folder and if there's anything in a techtree folder, if there is copy that into same place in your mod - that should get you anything they were using and if you put it in same place won't need adjustment, except maybe cultures on the pkg's.

2nd option if you really need to find the individual bits - load your settlement - go to "gameobjects" tab and select "View TechTrees" - that'll tell you the names of the techtree groups they're using, selecting "change TechTree" for an individual one will tell you the size. Then you get to look through every possible .worldpkgdesc in the mod to find the corresponding techtrees to import.

Note that slot_fillers will turn up if nothing else is built - to get other things to turn up they need to use the same "Type:" in the .worldpkdesc as the name of a specific building in EDB, the "category" doesn't relate to EDB and just needs to match between settlement and pkg.

Is it just by doing the same process to these buildings (giving them the same faction name in IWTE?) or do i need to actually add an entire techtree to the mod? Something i haven't done before and fear will cause trouble.[/QUOTE]

The 'real' buildings have to be built by the player in campaign via the EDB - however if you play vanilla it has 'slot_filler' versions for the techtrees which occupy those spaces even if the player hasn't built anything.

If you're seeing empty spaces I assume the mod you took the settlement from has changed the 'type' or the 'size' of the techtree so the slot fillers don't load (they'd look like vanilla stuff so they probably shouldn't).

1st option have a look in the mod's /settlements/ folder and if there's anything in a techtree folder, if there is copy that into same place in your mod - that should get you anything they were using and if you put it in same place won't need adjustment, except maybe cultures on the pkg's.

2nd option if you really need to find the individual bits - load your settlement - go to "gameobjects" tab and select "View TechTrees" - that'll tell you the names of the techtree groups they're using, selecting "change TechTree" for an individual one will tell you the size. Then you get to look through every possible .worldpkgdesc in the mod to find the corresponding techtrees to import.

Note that slot_fillers will turn up if nothing else is built - to get other things to turn up they need to use the same "Type:" in the .worldpkdesc as the name of a specific building in EDB, the "category" doesn't relate to EDB and just needs to match between settlement and pkg.

Is it just by doing the same process to these buildings (giving them the same faction name in IWTE?) or do i need to actually add an entire techtree to the mod? Something i haven't done before and fear will cause trouble.
    [/QUOTE]

Yes, i figured i'd need to add the entries in the EDB-file - are all of them required? As i mostly want the ones suiting Viking-factions - and not the others because there are many different kinds of objects/buildings in the techtree-folder.

Yes, i did the first option - but didn't add them into the EDB- i had hoped they would replace the ones that are in use in the EDB currently. What you are saying is i need to add the same buildings to the EDB? And therefore change the EDB TLK is using currently? I am a little worried i will mess up stability as the mod is very stable in it's current form.

The original custom settlements works just fine in game. It's just i did want the techtree-buildings to show up also. I think it might work if i add the entries to the EDB then - but i also want to separate Viking-temples from other northern_culture-factions. This i think i will manage quite easily though - as factions like Alba and Munster shouldn't use Viking temples.

I see, i think then the problem is the fact the type-name isn't the same as their buildings-name. I did add the same name as the entry in the descr_strat but i might have done it wrongly.

Yes, i would be happy if i could just connect it to the buildings already there - but it might cause trouble for some factions sharing culture if i don't want all of them to have the same custom buildings. I'd guess a few new entries for individual factions will be needed. I am used to adding units and hidden resources - this doesn't seem to be that much different. Just a little more risky.

Thanks for your advice. I will test this out first by giving building-types the same names as existing settlements - if that works, i just need to make unique entries for specific factions. It will greatly enhance the experience in my submod for TLK - which uses Kingdoms-expansion as a base.

For Wrath of the Norsemen, for which i also wanna do the same thing - it doesn't use the expansion though.. But maybe one could have the buildings show up from the start in that mod?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; March 01, 2017 at 02:43 PM.

- The Havamal

Thanks for your help. I succeeded in adding in temples - now i just need to add in all the rest of the buildings.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by leo.civil.uefs View Post
    Many people is asking about how to transfer custom settlements implemented in some sub-mod to another one.

Here we go:

The settlement files are mostly located in data/settlements.

Each settlement has its folder, you can see the seven files inside it plus a folder called /maps, wich comtains .texture files for paiting the settlement ground with tile, mud and farms.

Copy the entire settlement folder and paste it inside your data/settlements folder in your mod.

Now, open IWTE, go in Worldfiles tab and click Edit worldpackage button. Navigate to where you pasted the settlement folder in your mod, open the folder and double click the .worldpackage file.

You should see something this:

This example is for my Erebor of course.

The really impportant boxes for you now are the Pkg Path, the Type, the Faction and the Culture ones.

In Pkg Path, place the path for the place where you allocated the settlement folder in your mod.

In Type, put the level you want to use for this settlement in your mod.

In Faction, choose a faction for it. (Remember that then each settlement of this category (huge city in the example) for this faction, will read your custom settlement. So imagine that in TATW moors is a playable faction, eveytime I upgrade a settlement to huge city it will be a Erebor! So you must choose a non playable faction, a free not used slot. You could also do like we did in TATW, preventing specific cultures to build huge cities, like we did with the moors (dwarves) wich are southern_european. So Erebor uses the huge_city slot from moors but they can't upgrade any city to huge, so there will be only 1 Erebor, they will not be able to go arround building erebors on the campaign map.

Open desc_sm_factions.txt inside /data folder in your mod, and check for wich culture the faction you placed in the .worldpackage belongs. Put this culture in the Culture box.

Its finished, Click ok. go inside the settlement folder, there is now 2 .worldpackage files, delete the original one (the one with a smaller name), and rename the new one (the one with a bigger name) to have the same name from the original. You can also delete the text file created there.

Now you must edit the descr_strat.txt file inside data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign folder so the region where you want your custom settlement located will match your edited .worldpackage file.

In descr_strat.txt, navigate to the region you want to have your settlement. In my sub-mod for TATW, it looks like this:

Code:
    settlement
    {
        level huge_city
        region Erebor_Province

year_founded 0
        population 5236
        plan_set default_set
        faction_creator moors
        building
        {
            type hinterland_info_building3 info_Erebor
        }
        building
        {
            type core_building huge_stone_wall
        }

}
    Notice the level and the faction_creator, they must match the info you putted in the .worldpackage file.
    The type core_building must match the level. You can easly check another examples in this descr_strat.txt file to see wich entry corresponds to the level you're using. Be careful to not confuse castle types with city types as they share the same level names.

OK you're done.

Now go into /data/world/maps/base and delete map.rw. Start your mod, start a new campaign and go check if things are working.

There is also many things related with 3d unique models for your settlement on camapign map, and hidden resources that prevent your unique settlement beeing upgraded in the campaign and then changing it to another settlement but this is not a matter for this small tutorial here. By checking the files in TATW you can learn by example about these things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now you will learn how to acess custom settlements directly in custom battles, this will not directly teach you how to organize your mod in therms of what custom settlements will be present in custom battles but just allow you to use any of them in a quick way, however, the process is the same for all things related with this, so I belive at the end you will be able to organize your mod the way you want. I will use as example how you can quickly do it in TATW. Here we go:

1- With IWTE, open the 3 main files in mods/Third age.../data/settlements/south_european/huge city (it actually can be any settlement but remember that each one has a size for siege towers and walls so keep in mind that you must choose one that fits the size of your settlement's walls).

2- In IWTE, "worldfiles" tab, click "update reference paths". Copy the text lines on the boxes (paste them on a notepad file or such).
    Click cancel.

3- Copy the name of the files in this folder (southern_european_huge_city or such, do not copy the extension of the file, just its name). Also paste it in some notepad file.

4- Delete all these files inside this southern european huge city folder., EXCEPT THE .WORLDPACKAGE ONE.

5- Copy the files from your custom settlement folder EXCEPT THE .WORLDPACKAGE ONE and paste them in this southern european huge city folder.

6- Change the name of all these files you pasted to the name you just got from the previous vanilla ones, wich is southern_european_huge_city.

7- Repeat step 1 but now for the new files you just changed the name. In IWTE "worldfiles" tab, click "update reference paths", change the lines to the ones you previously copied into a notepad file as I said. CLICK OK. Click on SAVE 3 BINARY FILES.

8- Go into the folder and delete the old files, rename the new ones that emerged to match its names (the new ones will probably be generated with a "-1" on the end of its name, just rename it to look exactly like the old ones you just deleted, so replacing them, if no new file emerged then it already replaced the current ones, dont do anything with them, its already done).

4- Open TATW (the game itself), go into custom battles, select any place with no symbol on the front of the name (that symbol with crosses swords). Select, DWARVES and HUGE CITY (or the size you had choose previously). load the battle. It will not show the correct masks on the ground (farms and path etc...) but that makes absolutelly no difference for testing your settlement.
    I am getting kinda mad currently.

I did this without problems back in march in TLK:WotN..

But when doing the very same thing in WotN:The Baltic Release the custom settlements refuses to show up for everyone but the "Northern European" vikings.

I could make the Vikings unique buildings show up for everyone - but it never works to get unique Frankish or Sami/finnish settlements to show up?

I am using an un-used faction-slot and they have both shared culture with the faction they should be used for and used their own. I copied entries from TLK and replaced the "faction"-line - sometimes even the culture.

Still there is always vanilla settlements or Northern European Viking ones loading - never those Eastern European "Albian" settlements i had planed to use for the sami/finns or the Byzantine ones for the Franks..

Why would it not work when it worked in TLK:WotN?

I have tested like 15 times and it never works no matter the changes i make.

Edit:

I have made specific entries for byzantium/greek and normans/northern_european and applied these to the Sami/Finns and Franks - but still there are northern_european/Saxons settlements showing up in battle for the samis/finns and the Franks get vanilla ones?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 11, 2017 at 10:04 AM.

- The Havamal

What cultures are the sami/finns & franks in?

If they're eastern_european, you need the .worldpkgdesc to have; culture=northern_european, faction=faction_name
    if they're greek, you need the .worldpkgdesc to have; culture=southern_european, faction=faction_name

there's a funny defaul thing going on with those two cultures - anything else use the real culture_name in culture

only other suggestion is check for spare, left-behind .worldpkgdesc's anywhere else in the mod's settlement folder in-case there already was a pkg directing those factions to something - remember ALL the .worldpkgdesc's get read even if they're in a renamed/copied folder inside data/settlements

EDIT; & the probably too obvious one - check you're using the 'internal' name of the faction, not just the display name, in-case there's a difference...

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Question:
    Is it rather easy to replace forts of each culture with settlements of the those cultures instead without any other changes or bugs?
    I explain:
    Lets supose we have a fort_a and a fort_b of souther european culture (both strat_map and battlemap models).
    We also have a number of large town and city models of the same culture.
    Can we just chose on of these large towns and one of these cities , rename them fort_a and fort_b and place them ingame without any problems.
    Will those "forts" be full fanctional as they are as large towns or city ones?
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

What cultures are the sami/finns & franks in?

If they're eastern_european, you need the .worldpkgdesc to have; culture=northern_european, faction=faction_name
    if they're greek, you need the .worldpkgdesc to have; culture=southern_european, faction=faction_name

there's a funny defaul thing going on with those two cultures - anything else use the real culture_name in culture

only other suggestion is check for spare, left-behind .worldpkgdesc's anywhere else in the mod's settlement folder in-case there already was a pkg directing those factions to something - remember ALL the .worldpkgdesc's get read even if they're in a renamed/copied folder inside data/settlements

EDIT; & the probably too obvious one - check you're using the 'internal' name of the faction, not just the display name, in-case there's a difference...
    Vikings: Northern_European.

Franks: Southern European.

Balts/Slavs/Finns/Sami: Eastern Europeans.

I managed to give the Slavs and Balts the Northern Viking ones though.

But there are this problem with the Franks and Sami/Finns not getting theirs - as i wanted some variation there.

I am also using un-used slots as faction creators to prevent them from building their own cities when upgrading those of others. I wouldn't want the Vikings to upgrade a Frankish city to a Viking large city. The Franks could be allowed to do that to undeveloped factions though.

I do think i have removed all the spares - what about a.world-files? There were such things there already in different folders.

- The Havamal

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Question:
    Is it rather easy to replace forts of each culture with settlements of the those cultures instead without any other changes or bugs?
    I explain:
    Lets supose we have a fort_a and a fort_b of souther european culture (both strat_map and battlemap models).
    We also have a number of large town and city models of the same culture.
    Can we just chose on of these large towns and one of these cities , rename them fort_a and fort_b and place them ingame without any problems.
    Will those "forts" be full fanctional as they are as large towns or city ones?
    Yes that should work - any town/castle will have the bits that are needed to be a fort and should work.

The only problem you might have is the siege equipment large_town and city need the 'small' level siege tower, the vanilla wooden forts just needed the ram 'none' siege tower, and the stone forts in britannia/crusades needed 'medium' - try changing the fortification level in the .worldpkgdesc as explained here;
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...=1#post4181614
    (use IWTE to edit the pkg) if that doesn't work please ask in that thread as they must have fixed it for using the stone forts...

Vikings: Northern_European.

Franks: Southern European.

Balts/Slavs/Finns/Sami: Eastern Europeans.

I managed to give the Slavs and Balts the Northern Viking ones though.

But there are this problem with the Franks and Sami/Finns not getting theirs - as i wanted some variation there.

I am also using un-used slots as faction creators to prevent them from building their own cities when upgrading those of others. I wouldn't want the Vikings to upgrade a Frankish city to a Viking large city. The Franks could be allowed to do that to undeveloped factions though.

I do think i have removed all the spares - what about a.world-files? There were such things there already in different folders.
    The extra .world files would only be a problem if for example you were trying to make something use (the vanilla) north_european_city_a.world & your mod has got a file
    where that normally is, which is called "north_european_city_a.world" - but it's actually really the "aztec_city.world" because someone else used the re-naming method to make the NE's use the Aztec file instead of diverting with a pkg. (that would obviously show up elsewhere as the NE's would be getting the Aztec City)

Assuming you're testing this in the campaign can we just deal with one example of one settlement where it's not working.

Copy/paste here its descr_strat entry, and a screenshot/copy of the .worldpkgdesc that you think it should be using - it would also be helpful if you put your log on *trace and if you can search up from the bottom of that to find which .world it actually did load! (that can be a bit confusing as it will normally also load some ambients and techtrees, if you can't figure it out zip and attach the log)

The extra .world files would only be a problem if for example you were trying to make something use (the vanilla) north_european_city_a.world & your mod has got a file
    where that normally is, which is called "north_european_city_a.world" - but it's actually really the "aztec_city.world" because someone else used the re-naming method to make the NE's use the Aztec file instead of diverting with a pkg. (that would obviously show up elsewhere as the NE's would be getting the Aztec City)

Assuming you're testing this in the campaign can we just deal with one example of one settlement where it's not working.

Copy/paste here its descr_strat entry, and a screenshot/copy of the .worldpkgdesc that you think it should be using - it would also be helpful if you put your log on *trace and if you can search up from the bottom of that to find which .world it actually did load! (that can be a bit confusing as it will normally also load some ambients and techtrees, if you can't figure it out zip and attach the log)
    I did remove an aztec-folder with a village and city-.a-file.

I have tried making byzantium/southern_european, byzantium/greek, timurids/southern_eurpean and hre/southern_european for the Franks and nothing has worked.

I have also just copied the same pathways and folders from TLK:WotN where it does work. But in WotN it doesn't and a vanilla village always spawns.

Code:
    faction                        byzantium
    culture                        greek
    religion                    orthodox
    symbol                        models_strat/symbol_byzantium.CAS
    rebel_symbol                    models_strat/symbol_rebels.CAS
    primary_colour                    red 133, green 18, blue 137
    secondary_colour                red 239, green 239, blue 239
    loading_logo                    loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_byzantium.tga
    standard_index                    15
    logo_index                    FACTION_LOGO_BYZANTIUM
    small_logo_index                SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_BYZANTIUM
    triumph_value                    5
    custom_battle_availability            no
    can_sap                        yes
    prefers_naval_invasions                yes
    can_have_princess                yes
    has_family_tree                    yes

faction                        timurids
    culture                        southern_european
    religion                    catholic
    special_faction_type                papal_faction
    symbol                        models_strat/symbol_papacy.CAS
    primary_colour                    red 55, green 70, blue 91
    secondary_colour                red 86, green 34, blue 32
    loading_logo                    loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_papal_states.tga
    standard_index                    3
    logo_index                    FACTION_LOGO_PAPAL_STATES
    small_logo_index                SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_PAPAL_STATES
    custom_battle_availability            no
    can_sap                        no
    prefers_naval_invasions                no
    can_have_princess                no
    has_family_tree                    no

faction                        hre
    culture                        southern_european
    religion                    catholic
    symbol                        models_strat/symbol_papacy.CAS
    primary_colour                    red 55, green 70, blue 91
    secondary_colour                red 86, green 34, blue 32
    loading_logo                    loading_screen/symbols/symbol128_papal_states.tga
    standard_index                    3
    logo_index                    FACTION_LOGO_PAPAL_STATES
    small_logo_index                SMALL_FACTION_LOGO_PAPAL_STATES
    custom_battle_availability            yes
    can_sap                        yes
    prefers_naval_invasions                no
    can_have_princess                yes
    has_family_tree                    yes
    The faction creator is Byzantium.

The faction who will use the settlements in-game is HRE.

HRE has culture southern_european.

Byzantium has greek.

The northern_european custom settlements worked for the northern_european factions though..

The CFG-file has this configuration:

Code:
    [log] to = mods/WotN/logs/M2TW.system.log.txt 
    level = * trace				## detailed error log
    level = * warning			## regular error log
    level = * error			## regular error log
    file = game.script.* mods/WotN/logs/pkh.script2.log.txt
    file = game.script* mods/WotN/logs/pkh.script.log.txt
    file = game.script mods/WotN/logs/pkh.scriptoutput.log.txt
    file = ai.ltgd logs/pkh.ai.log.txt	## AI log
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails kingdoms 2017-07-12 17-05-10-866.jpg   kingdoms 2017-07-12 17-06-28-252.jpg   bandicam 2017-07-12 17-22-42-353.jpg   kingdoms 2017-07-11 05-07-57-881.jpg  
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; July 12, 2017 at 10:36 AM.

- The Havamal

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast