Thread: Creating a new King

Default Creating a new King

Hello everyone!

If you look in the export_descr_unit.txt you will find near the end some Kings from france, Spain and Englad wich actually have models and textures, after knowing that i've been trying to created my own King, for Portugal

I've modded the battle_models in unit_models and ended with this:

13 portugal_king
    1 4
    75 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/portuguese_king_lod0.mesh 121
    75 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/portuguese_king_lod1.mesh 900
    75 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/portuguese_king_lod2.mesh 2500
    75 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/portuguese_king_lod3.mesh 6400
    10 Portugal
    89 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/textures/early_general_portugal.texture
    96 unit_models/_Generals_and_Captains/Early_Generals/textures/early_general_portugal_normal.texture 0
    10 Portugal
    64 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final General_portuguese_diff.texture
    64 unit_models/AttachmentSets/Final General_portuguese_norm.texture 0
    4 None
    15 MTW2_Non_Shield 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    5 horse
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    8 elephant
    18 MTW2_Elephant_Crew 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    5 camel
    18 MTW2_HR_Non_Shield 0
    18 MTW2_Sword_Primary
    0 -1 0 0 0 0 0 0

It's placed at the end of the txt file

I also made my expor_descr_unit text wich is this:
    type portuguese king
    dictionary portuguese_king ; Rei D.Afonso Henrique
    category cavalry
    class heavy
    voice_type General
    banner faction main_cavalry
    banner holy crusade_cavalry
    soldier SE_Late_Bodyguard_ug1, 60, 0, 10
    mount armoured horse
    mount_effect elephant -4, camel -4
    attributes sea_faring, hide_forest, very_hardy, can_withdraw, general_unit, general_unit, command, frighten_foot
    formation 2, 4.4, 3, 6, 2, square
    stat_health 2, 0
    stat_pri 19, 8, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, spear, 25, 1
    ;stat_pri_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_pri_attr no
    stat_sec 14, 4, no, 0, 0, melee, melee_blade, piercing, sword, 25, 1
    ;stat_sec_ex 0, 0, 0
    stat_sec_attr no
    stat_pri_armour 10, 10, 5, metal
    ;stat_armour_ex 10, 5, 0, 0, 5, 3, 3, metal
    stat_sec_armour 0, 0, flesh
    stat_heat 6
    stat_ground 0, -2, -4, 0
    stat_mental 40, disciplined, highly_trained
    stat_charge_dist 45
    stat_fire_delay 0
    stat_food 60, 300
    stat_cost 1, 910, 250, 120, 95, 910, 4, 220
    armour_ug_levels 6
    armour_ug_models Portuguese_Knights
    ownership portugal
    ;unit_info 13, 0, 36

And also wrote in export_units:

{portuguese_king}Rei D.Afonso Henrique
    {portuguese_king_descr}D.Afonso Henriques nicknamed "the Conqueror" , "the Founder" or "the Great" by the Portuguese, was the first King of Portugal. He achieved the independence of the southern part of the Kingdom of Galicia, the County of Portugal, in 1139, establishing a new kingdom and doubling its area with the Reconquista. He Fights with his Knights for Portugal.
    {portuguese_king_descr_short}D.Afonso Henriques and his knights are extremely strong and he will not be stoped.

Also created lod files, texture and attachmentsets from the ones in early captains and general, i uses the saxon one but when i enter the game the game the general isn't the king i made it's just the normal portuguese general, after that i tried to make the hole unit with the King to see if something is rong and when i entered in battled the only thing i saw has horses with nobody in them, so i tried to enter battle and the enemies where dying from gosths.
    I know that the unit is there but why can't i see them, plz help me.

Default Re: Creating a new King

Those entry in EDU is for commanders unit, not for commander himself. If you want to see those model of the king in the battlefield you need to edit descr_character.txt in line started at battle_model.

lodewijk's Avatar Civis

yup sir attyla is right, thats only change the commander bodyguard/ company not the commander itself.

But how do you assign a battle model from battle_models.modeldb to the Faction Leader exclusively? descr_character.txt seems not to discriminate between family members and the faction leader...
    Last edited by Danny087; June 10, 2017 at 07:52 PM.

try searching in text editing, you have to use a script

@Danny087 Here should be how to assign a model to an already incorporated character on the strat map using descr_strat
    character Edward, named character, male, leader, age 35, x 178, y 300, portrait edwardb, battle_model longshanks, hero_ability The_Heart_of_the_Lion
    .. if not it is similar to spawn a character in campaign_script ex:
    monitor_event FactionTurnStart I_TurnNumber = 0

spawn_army
    faction scotland
    character Robert Bruce, named character, age 22, x 180, y 303, portrait robert, direction S, label rbruce1, family, battle_model robertI, hero_ability The_Heart_of_the_Lion
    Look for bold in red text for example.

To assign a strat map model or simply have every generic king get a certain model as well you need to give him a trait that designates to him a level that a strat model or battle model is assigned to there is a tutorial on how to do that here in the forums. Check part II, cheers!
    Last edited by Zantorian; July 05, 2017 at 09:15 PM.