Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Original thread for North&South II

Default Re: ACW - North&South II

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerstout View Post
    They seem a bit too clean and bright.
    The flag you showed there is a flag from early war after a battle, they looked really torn etc, and there was for the units a certain pride to it so to say, so they didn't want to exchange it, but they had to eventually, so they got new flags using a new ''system'' to were they sowed on the names of the battles they took part in to keep that same honor so to say -
    example of a somewhat preserved flag -
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

and another from the union -

so well, I think we'll keep them a bit cleaner than you showed, and the bloom on that picture make them look brighter than usual
    Cheers mate
    Last edited by dennizjoon; July 11, 2014 at 08:47 AM.

great mod but we need more mesh part

Total War Shogun 2 : Morning Sun Mods - Ming Dynasty vs Japan Shogunate
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...un-Version-1-0

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

How about some coloured troops?

Last edited by Primergy; July 11, 2014 at 07:13 AM.

And well, to not leave the rebs out there in the dark..
    Virginia Military Institute Cadet - Early War
    Last edited by dennizjoon; July 11, 2014 at 08:50 AM.

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Is it possible to create different flags for individual units or does it only go by the faction?

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Quote Originally Posted by AUG351 View Post
    Is it possible to create different flags for individual units or does it only go by the faction?
    It should work for individual units!
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Icon3 Re: ACW - North&South II

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    How about some coloured troops?

...Oh Lord, Lord..., Lord..., Lord..., Lord...

That is awesome...Is that shouldered rifle a custom-made Springfield with Spike Bayonet, not vanilla FoTS Enfield?

And another question: How many types of Cavalry would be in game?
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; July 11, 2014 at 04:29 PM.

hiner's Avatar Laetus

If you guys would have me, I would be very interested in making battle maps for the mod.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    ...Oh Lord, Lord..., Lord..., Lord..., Lord...

That is awesome...Is that shouldered rifle a custom-made Springfield with Spike Bayonet, not vanilla FoTS Enfield?

And another question: How many types of Cavalry would be in game?
    Yes it is a new springfield with spike bayonet - Hinkel allowed us to use some models from his N&S Mod for Warband. - About the Cavalry...well, no idea, tbh. It might be mainly dragoon types.

Wismar's Avatar Civis

Yes! Finally a mod with propper bayonet models that doesn't look like rubber dildos

EDIT: I posted this idea in the N&S thread of NTW. I thought it would be useful here as well.

"I just got an idea for the mod. What about increasing the range for all musket units by like 3x? I know it sounds crazy but increase the range but let the accuracy stay the same. So you can have skirmishes with other units without fully committing. Obviously you won't hit nearly as many as you would at medium-short range but it's good because it removes the unrealistic problem of not being able to shoot at a unit that is like 2 metres out of reach. This would also give skirmishers a more important role."
    Last edited by Wismar; July 12, 2014 at 11:11 AM.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Yes it is a new springfield with spike bayonet - Hinkel allowed us to use some models from his N&S Mod for Warband. - About the Cavalry...well, no idea, tbh. It might be mainly dragoon types.

From my admittedly poor knowledge of ACW, there was no Cavalry units armed solely with Sabre, am I right? ACW Cavalry always have firearms - they don't charge and rather act as skirmishers, scouts, and raiders.

About Mounted Infantries that rode but never fought mounted, will they depicted as Foot Skirmisher Infantry with Guerilla Deployment but with Cavalry Campaignmap Movement Range? BAI never dismounts cavalry except when storming fortifications. And How about Confederate Raiders with even Larger Campaign Movement Range? US Cav with Repeaters?
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; July 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM.

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    It should work for individual units!
    It would be awesome to see the Texas Brigade finally carry their colors!

Quote Originally Posted by Wismar View Post
    EDIT: I posted this idea in the N&S thread of NTW. I thought it would be useful here as well.
    "I just got an idea for the mod. What about increasing the range for all musket units by like 3x? I know it sounds crazy but increase the range but let the accuracy stay the same. So you can have skirmishes with other units without fully committing. Obviously you won't hit nearly as many as you would at medium-short range but it's good because it removes the unrealistic problem of not being able to shoot at a unit that is like 2 metres out of reach. This would also give skirmishers a more important role."
    Usually in the ACW two lines of battle didn't engage each other until maybe 200 meters away or less. That idea would be great for skirmishers, but I think the range of most infantry regiments need to be kept within the 200-100 meter range.
    Last edited by AUG351; July 12, 2014 at 03:23 PM.

From my admittedly poor knowledge of ACW, there was no Cavalry units armed solely with Sabre, am I right? ACW Cavalry always have firearms - they don't charge and rather act as skirmishers, scouts, and raiders.
    Early war there were a few units with just sabre. Most were armed with pistols and carbines, even shotguns. Generally depended on what was available in the recruitment location (this was mainly militia though). On top of skirmishers, scouts, and raiders, they were used for harassing flanks and artillery emplacements. Though in some cases they did indeed charge battle lines.

Quote Originally Posted by AUG351 View Post
    Usually in the ACW two lines of battle didn't engage each other until maybe 200 meters away or less. That idea would be great for skirmishers, but I think the range of most infantry regiments need to be kept within the 200-100 meter range.
    I wonder if there is a way to edit AI range preference. Have the range set to about 400 with very low accuracy, but have the engagement range set to 200.

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by hiner View Post
    If you guys would have me, I would be very interested in making battle maps for the mod.
    AUG351 already made some ACW Themed Battlemaps using T'Ed for S2, even though the Building choices are few for now...

Quote Originally Posted by Shim13 View Post
    I wonder if there is a way to edit AI range preference. Have the range set to about 400 with very low accuracy, but have the engagement range set to 200.
    Sadly not - they will start shooting at 400 no matter what

AUG351 already made some ACW Themed Battlemaps using T'Ed for S2, even though the Building choices are few for now...
    In theory I could release my current building pack for TeD - but sadly there are basically only one fence and a limber and cannon model

Some Boys from North Carolina...

and then we got a confederate General Uniform
    Based on Armisteads Uniform
    Last edited by dennizjoon; July 13, 2014 at 01:20 PM.

Another Confederate uniform.

Richmond Depot shell jacket.

How long do you think until you can do a beta release?

Depends on what do you want to be included in a beta-release...anything which has to do with the campaign wont be release-able till next year (and maybe even later).

But to shorten the wait a bit, we decided to release small Unitpacks and Battlepacks from time to time. And I'm glad to announce, that the first Unitpack will be released in the next few days.
    Even tough it only consists of one unit - a Union Volunteer Regiment - it already has more exclusive new content then most other mods