Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Original thread for North&South II

Default Re: ACW - North&South II

Haha, i just waited till Primergy will pull this out. Since FotS came out he had this in mind.
    Greet news, indeed. And a lot greater now that i have again a bit more time to play around.

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr Eiríksson View Post
    I was asking about the Napoleon version, not the Empire one.
    Let me make it clear. ETW version has campaign,it exists for a long time. But it doesn't have enough potential to show complete ACW. For example,It doesn't have maps which as detailed as N&S. It also doesn't have enough units' uniform variations. Because of this,they wanted to make a N:TW mod,North and South. North and South has historical scenarios,custom maps and a lot of unit's uniform variations unlike E:TW version. But it also does not have campaign mod. Because of this,they kept working on both mods as two seperate teams.(this is the third mod team of ACW:BG and Slyk is the only modder of N&S at the moment). Now,ACW team made a very big progress but not completed yet. And lastly,As far as I heard from Slyk,N&S historical scenarios are about to finish.
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

Will you slow down the rate of fire of units and fix the audio issues where lots of units fire seems a lot of gun sounds are missing ?. I would love to test this mod out i have lots of time on my hands can offer testing to report bugs if needed i am always here if you need me.

Hope you and team have a nice weekend!.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    But drummers will be appear to. Maybe not with a proper animation in the first version.

First and foremost. The flags don't have a proper physic system as in ETW/NTW, so they don't wave really. CA introduced a shader effect which moves the vertexes up and down, so it looks like like there's movement. But the overall shape is stiff.
    I replaced the flaming arrows ability. For those you have up to 4 variations like extrem_long_range_flaming_arrows, where I think that those can be replaced without being missed.
    FoTS Foreign Marines have marching musics, but no musician in sight, well, for now good enough.

Those Furly Stiff Flags are also good enough. Arrows wouldn't be missed in this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus94 View Post
    Have you figured out how to add custom maps to the campaign map?
    Hmmm...As far as I know, Siege and Port, with perhaps Bridge Battles are easily editable...well, considering if Primergy doesn't have anything more under his sleeves...

Perhaps Port Battle maps can be co-used for Seaside City Siege Maps for more continuity and open more siege battlemap variety?

Quote Originally Posted by dennizjoon View Post
    well, we are gonna add new ships, iron clads etc, as example the U.S.S Monitor and C.S.S Virginia, more to come surely to answer that questetion,
    Woah, I thought wangrin still waiting on model_naval EF_Lines from CA?

About available assets, how would you reclassify the naval units from the Japanese Ships? I mean, what class would you rename, lets say, Iron-Textured Kaiyo Maru into USS New Ironsides?
    Kasuga seems easily made into a Confederate Runner or Raider.
    Ironclads...The wooden ship have Iron Plated Texture variants; Ram Ironclad and Turret Ironclad is there (only France use Central Battery Ironclads); but there is no Casemate Ironclad model in FoTS...Although the Roanoke model in FoTS dont actually have rotating Turret, in the end just a Drum-shaped Casemate...

And, will there be separation between river and seagoing ships?
    Atm what I would defninitly need, would be more information for the campaign map - like important roads, valleys, railroads, cities, economic centers etc.
    Just for fun, a roughly sketched outline for the look of the map.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

But Interestingly you said you'll make navigable rivers for riverine warfare...care to highlight it?

Primergy,
    What would be the base of this mod's stats? Would it based on Vanilla FoTS stats or NTW North & South Stats?
    Last edited by weirdoascensor; April 29, 2014 at 11:45 AM.

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    FoTS Foreign Marines have marching musics, but no musician in sight, well, for now good enough.
    Is it actually possible to assign marching music to other units? I've searched the Assembly Kit, but can't find whatever is needed to add march music to my Tercos Pikemen.

Hmmm...As far as I know, Siege and Port, with perhaps Bridge Battles are easily editable...well, considering if Primergy doesn't have anything more under his sleeves...
    As far as I know, adding new maps to the campaign is impossible. However, you can overwrite existing maps.

Primergy,
    What would be the base of this mod's stats? Would it based on Vanilla FoTS stats or NTW North & South Stats?
    Hopefully not the ridiculous and unrealistic FoTS stats. They make the game unplayable. It took me several months to fix them.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Woah, I thought wangrin still waiting on model_naval EF_Lines from CA?
    Well, no need to wait, CA won't give out any more example models for shogun. So in fact, Denniz was wrong. We could implement new ship models, but those wouldn't have any cannon

There exists a lua command, where you could add a specific battlemap to an area. This was used in Empire, but I heard rumours, that this command doesn't work anymore. The other option would be the siege maps, but Frodo said he tried it for a long time, but didn't suceed with adding a new map. I tend to believe him.

But Interestingly you said you'll make navigable rivers for riverine warfare...care to highlight it?
    My idea is, to make the rivers as "coast", so I can add attrition. There will be special river boats, which will suffer from attrition on the sea. One problem might be, is that the Mississippi and Ohio might be incredible broad on the campaign map to get the pathfinding to work.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Ah, yes...Agents...

FoTS has 4 Agents...What would be their Civil War counterpart?

Foreign Veteran>Veteran instructor/Officer Staff?(Army Buff)
    Ninja>Saboteurs(Subterfuge)
    Shinsengumi/Ishinshishi>???(Propaganda)
    Geisha>???(Settlement Buff/Subterfuge)

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Ah, yes...Agents...

FoTS has 4 Agents...What would be their Civil War counterpart?

Foreign Veteran>Veteran instructor/Officer Staff?(Army Buff)
    Ninja>Saboteurs(Subterfuge)
    Shinsengumi/Ishinshishi>???(Propaganda)
    Geisha>???(Settlement Buff/Subterfuge)
    Well, since the religions can be reworked to secession movement (pro secession and pro union), the Shinsengumi can be something like a politician to support your side
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Well, no need to wait, CA won't give out any more example models for shogun. So in fact, Denniz was wrong. We could implement new ship models, but those wouldn't have any cannon
    The cake is a lie?
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

Hinkel's Avatar Commander in Chief

Forward, my boys!

The Fight

Last edited by Hinkel; April 26, 2014 at 08:45 AM.
    --------------------------- The American Civil War for Total War ------------------------------

Lookin good!

looks awesome.....

Can u tell us names of units on photos ?

Union volunteers (with a generic state flag [maine tbh]) and 12lb napoleon

CSA units is what I need
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Forward, my boys!

The Fight

Looking good + REP
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Wismar's Avatar Civis

Is it just me who thinks the muskets looks more like carbines than full length rifles? I think it's because the buttstock is quite large and the barrel is to small.

Also, will their be bayonets in the mod? I know it's possible to ad but I don't know if it's possible to make it toggle.

SD_Man's Avatar Semisalis

The "plug bayonets" ability lets soldiers manually add bayonets onto their guns. Problem is, the bayonet stays for the whole battle, thus untoggable, and disables any firing action from that unit (the bayonet is plugged directly into the barrel, hence the name), rendering the unit pretty much useless in anything besides melee; though this does offer more tactical opportunities, and would make those downhill charges that much more gratifying.

As for the real problem: blame the crummy AI

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Awesome news ! This conflict is perfect for a wargame experience. Ageod's ACW2 is the proof. Good luck !

And i'd love to see CSA units in action too !
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

The "plug bayonets" ability lets soldiers manually add bayonets onto their guns.
    Does this really still work in Shogun?

I'm also not really keen about the "always stay", but on the other hand you could "replay" a 20th Maine action. Use all your ammunition and then bayonetcharge^^