Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast

Thread: Original thread for North&South II

Primergy's Avatar Protector of the Union

Default Original thread for North&South II

North&South II - Civil War Campaigns

Actual Version ~~Download~~

http://www.mediafire.com/view/2kteha8tl4u6uxe/acw_mod.pack

It's also strongly recommended to download Kurisu Paifuaa's Shader tweak mod which removes the faction colouring from units when you zoom out:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=257001&d=1356112173

~~Install instructions~~

Download the acw_mod.pack

Save it to shogun2/data/

Start the game. The Mod-Manager should appear automatically. Select the acw_mod and press play

To play with the unit, go to the singleplayer battles, select any faction and look for the new icon under Line-Infantry

Have fun

~~Credits~~

Primergy - Teamleader, 3D Modeller, Coder
    Shim - 3D Modeller
    Dennizjon - 2D Artist, Sound
    Mikoyan - Ships

~~Images~~

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	new-uniforms.jpg 
Views:	892 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	320381

New Unit Icons

Announcement Post and core concepts
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Welcome to our announcement of North&South II - Civil war Campaigns!

Here I want to give to you a short overview of our current project, explain the concept, base ideas, the team and more.

N&S: CWC will be the successor of our latest project North&South for Napoleon: Total War and it will also take place during the American Civil War, which devastated the country from 1861-1865. Several southern states seceded from the old Union to establish the Confederated States of America. Besides the best known reason, the slavery and the states rights there were some others, like the completely different societies in the north and in the south and different economy systems.
    Because of technical restrictions of Napoleon: Total war, we never were able to display the full range of this conflict and had to concentrate ourselves on the numerous battles of the war, like Gettysburg, Antietam, Shiloh and more.

But this time we can.

North&South II will have a unique campaign map!

We will utilize the new technical possibilities of CA's Assembly Kit, which allow us to create a new campaign map for Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai.

Expect the eastern and western theatre of the war, divided by the Appalachian mountains, connected by vital railroads running through thick woods. March from the Gulf of Mexico to the Great lakes or use Steamers on the Mississippi or Ohio River to move your forces quickly.
    Fight your way through Virginia towards Richmond or fight off union forces at the Rappahannock River and others.

Core concepts

Factions and Map

2 playable factions - The Union and the Confederacy

4 European factions with unique strengths and weaknesses who might join the war

Great Britain [powerful navy,]
    France [good allrounder]
    Spain [quantity but not so much quality]
    Prussia [modern artillery and disciplined infantry, poor navy]

States will be subdivided into 3-4 "counties"

Area of recruitment system - recruit Maine, New York, Virginia and Alabama regiments with a unique look (if there were one)

Mississippi River will be usable by ships

Technologies and Laws - free the slaves or stick with the tradition. Develop new war technologies like Gatling Guns and trench warfare

Artillery

Artillery will receive new shot types - canister shot, solid shot, shrapnel shot, ranges adopted to the type of the artillery piece smooth-bore or rifled.

Units and Models

Units will become completely new models! No lame reusing of Shogun stuff. Expect models in the highest possible quality (All images are alpha footage). Infantry units will carry proper State and Regimental flags into battle. Cavalry and Artillery carry Guideons.
    Confederate units will receive different uniforms, depending on the state they were recruited. This should resemble the depot supply system, were different depots produced different quality.

The team and recruitment

The Team

North&South II will be developed by the award winning team which already developed ACW: The Blue and the Grey for Empire TW, North&South for Napoleon and North&South: First Manassas for Mount&Blade.

Recruitment

We are always looking for help, especially in following areas:

3D Environment modelling

You will model buildings, assets, plants and texture them.

Therefore you will need 3ds Max 2010, the Assembly kit by Creative Assembly, Photoshop (or similar tool) and enthusiasm for the landscape of the US.
    Experience with those programs is mandatory.

2D Design

If a new UI, unit cards and other artwork is your favoured workplace.

Mapper [TED]

If you want to design your own civil war battlefields or recreate historical ones and you are able to work with Creative Assemblys mapping tool TED.

DB-writer

Implementing new units, technologies, names, cities and much more.

LUA Scripter/Max script

Make the impossible possible with Lua on the campaign map or help developing new tools for a better workflow.

Researcher

You will research all important things for campaign and battle map. Important events, laws, personalities, political parties, architecture (rural, city for east and west), railroad, important industrial regions, historic events, vegetation etc.

NO unit research.
    Last edited by Primergy; January 31, 2015 at 02:58 AM.

Default Re: ACW - North&South II

The greatest work ever,there is nothing much to say.
    Last edited by Murat ÖZCAN; April 16, 2014 at 04:03 PM.
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Artillery will receive new shot types - canister shot, solid shot, shrapnel shot, ranges adopted to the type of the artillery piece smooth-bore or rifled.
    I presume real ammo switching like in Empire/Napoleon will not be possible?
    And what about musicians and buglers? Can you bring them back?
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Biarchus

Wow. I don't even have words to express my excitement and gratitude to you and your team right now. This is going to be a very exciting yet anxious waiting period. Thank you for doing this.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Ha! I Knew it! You planned this all along!

Good job on those flags...those really fly with the wind, do they?

I have some question: What ability do you change into Canister? Also, do you prepare some Buildings for T'Ed mappers? S2TW doesnt have many Western buildings....

great work .. the comunity is going to be amazed ... I made a few models that could be usefull (gloves and a us cav hat), take a look in my mod. They are not perfect but they do the work

Wohoo! This looks Great! I can't wait to see more info. Good luck guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Destin Faroda View Post
    I presume real ammo switching like in Empire/Napoleon will not be possible?
    And what about musicians and buglers? Can you bring them back?
    Sadly not. I think this system was far superior to the special ability stuff CA was introducing.

But drummers will be appear to. Maybe not with a proper animation in the first version.

Quote Originally Posted by weirdoascensor View Post
    Ha! I Knew it! You planned this all along!

Good job on those flags...those really fly with the wind, do they?

I have some question: What ability do you change into Canister? Also, do you prepare some Buildings for T'Ed mappers? S2TW doesnt have many Western buildings....
    Hehe, yes I did ^^

First and foremost. The flags don't have a proper physic system as in ETW/NTW, so they don't wave really. CA introduced a shader effect which moves the vertexes up and down, so it looks like like there's movement. But the overall shape is stiff.
    I replaced the flaming arrows ability. For those you have up to 4 variations like extrem_long_range_flaming_arrows, where I think that those can be replaced without being missed.

It Sounds good but will it be like NTW Where there are lags due to graphics and too big maps . that's just custom battles. Is it possbile And What about those steamers are you gonna add new ones?. and do you guys already have faction banners and icon's i can make some if it's neccesary
    Last edited by rohan97; April 17, 2014 at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    It Sounds good but will it be like NTW Where there are lags due to graphics and too big maps . that's just custom battles. Is it possbile And What about those steamers are you gonna add new ones?. and do you guys already have faction banners and icon's i can make some if it's neccesary
    Hey ol'buddy, well, we are gonna add new ships, iron clads etc, as example the U.S.S Monitor and C.S.S Virginia, more to come surely to answer that questetion,
    and i think shogun 2 will be more optimized in terms of maps, since theese are made with shogun 2's editing tools, so i don't think it's gonna be to harsh on the computer, but well, we'll see once we get there, it's of course gonna be more requiring than normal shogun 2, but i can't say for sure, we'll have to see how it goes once we release a demo. ^^
    Last edited by dennizjoon; April 17, 2014 at 09:53 AM.

Question, do you guys even have a campaign mapper? I only ask this because it seems like although its possible to edit the map its very time consuming.
    Last edited by Airkiller52; April 17, 2014 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airkiller52 View Post
    Question, do you guys even have a campaign mapper? I only ask this because it seems like although its possible to edit the map its very time consuming.
    Well, for time being, Primergy is our ''campaign mapper'', yeah I'd say from what i've seen it is very time consuming the work that goes into each region, but well we'll manange on that part.

Wismar's Avatar Civis

Amazing! Can't wait to aid CSA as britain

Btw, wouldn't the Prussians be extremly op since they had the breechloading needleguns? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have them in but maybe make them very expensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreyse_needle_gun

Last edited by Wismar; April 17, 2014 at 05:23 PM.

AUG351's Avatar Tiro

Wow! Now THIS will be THE ACW mod for Shogun 2. If you need a mapper for battle maps I can volunteer. I've already created a few ACW maps (Fredericksburg, the Crater, and Fort Wagner) which are on Steam workshop, though they probably do need some updating.
    Last edited by AUG351; April 17, 2014 at 10:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wismar View Post
    Amazing! Can't wait to aid CSA as britain

Btw, wouldn't the Prussians be extremly op since they had the breechloading needleguns? Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have them in but maybe make them very expensive.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dreyse_needle_gun

To make it sure right from the start - you WON'T be able to play with Britain, Prussia or someone else. Playable factions are the Confederacy and the Union. Foreign nations will be hidden under the shroud (just as in FotS) but receive an army. If a war breaks out they might ship their army to America. If you whipe out their forces they are basically out of the game, if they conquer a region at the sea, they can recruit more troops

Needle gun will balanced by a lower range, thanks due their faulty breech.

Wismar's Avatar Civis

Thanks for the heads up but will they be playable in custom battle and MP?
    Also, (sorry if I'm annoying) you should make the vanilla muskets a bit longer since they look like carbines atm.
    Last edited by Wismar; April 18, 2014 at 04:15 AM.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Cool announcement. Best of luck to the endeavor and hope to be able to play the mod soon.

Just one question. If Prussia (which never did anything with regards to ACW), then why not Russia too (which did: http://www.voltairenet.org/article169488.html)?
    Is it only because you are German and couldn't resist?

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Is it only because you are German and couldn't resist?
    Exactly - and because they have some cool weapons and uniforms. Maybe they will be also reduced to "trade partners" where you can buy some Krupp cannons.

Trig's Avatar Centenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Primergy View Post
    Exactly - and because they have some cool weapons and uniforms. Maybe they will be also reduced to "trade partners" where you can buy some Krupp cannons.
    Haha, can't resist a bit o' the old imperial glory, eh?
    Russia too then, I say, and you have the whole Victorian geopolitics in place.

click banner for ModDB page and all ACW versions download links

Quote Originally Posted by Trig View Post
    Haha, can't resist a bit o' the old imperial glory, eh?
    Russia too then, I say, and you have the whole Victorian geopolitics in place.
    I agree with this. Russia is necessary in the campaign. In addition,Russia was too near to USA at that time. Alaska was Russian.
    ------ An American Civil War Modification for Total War : Shogun 2 ------

Page 1 of 30 123456789101126 ... LastLast