Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Divide Et Impera team, we have an important message for you, please respond

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Divide Et Impera team, we have an important message for you, please respond

When a unit starts to break and is chased down by Equities it should take tops 2 mins to reduce 100 lives, but this is not the case, in fact for me it takes 5 mins and even then only 55 men have died, this ruins my strategy as i heavily rely on cavalry to beat my enemies, especially whilst versing the Germans, does anyone else have this problem and if so, i suggest to DEI to make kill rates when a unit is routing higher, i like the 30 min combat and all that, its quite intense and allows for a lot of tactical maneuvering, so please do not change that.

I don't really like to chase down routing units as i like to defeat my army instead of killing everyone, but when the unit breaks and i leave it, it comes back and attacks me once more in 5 mins, which really messes me up, especially those darn Slokhonz those peasents, i really like this mod, but the lack of unit deaths when being chased is really a bugger. should i report this to the Bug reports or what? Thanks
    Last edited by Samraat Mahendra Maurya; April 18, 2014 at 07:55 PM.
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

Default Re: Routing units never die

It's a consequence of the changes that make the battles slower. Lower damage, less kills - routing units are no weaken than those fighting so your units still need to hit and kill them as usual they just don't fight back. Thus an unavoidable change. Personally I just upped the hit rate a tad so battle are slightly faster and routing units seem to die quicker. If you surround your enemy then you can still wipe out entire stacks it just take a bit more effort.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Yup, real battles were not about 90-100% csualties, nor should be the battles in DeI since the mod aims at realism. It is still easy to get up to 80-90% casualties for your enemy.

If you want to chase routers more easly there is mod called matched combat be gone I've heard that it removes many animations from game that would not end with kill, so cav can chase enemy better.
    Last edited by KAM 2150; April 15, 2014 at 03:50 AM.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Armageddonn's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post

If you want to chase routers more easly there is mod called matched combat be gone I've heard that it removes many animations from game that would not end with kill, so cav can chase enemy better.
    Actually CA removed the matched animations from routing units in some previous patch, i think it ws patch 9 but in DeI we still see those animations even tho they are completely useless and prolongs the battle without any reason, so instead of just runing and dying they do match combat animations and you waste your time even tho they cannot kill any more units, like i said no reason why its still in DeI...

Yes, I agree DEI team fix please.

This "bug" goes toward more protracted military campaigns (less total % of captured/killed when you win a battle), so I think if its still in DeI its for a good reason.

Indeed. As I said you can still kill a large chunk of the army if for instance you surround them, though I admit it'd be nice if cav rundowns did more damage but there is no way to mod specific cases like that (as far as I know).

I think it is good as it is, it means that armies, quite realistically, can escape with a reasonable number of troops left if things go sideways. If a guy is just trying to stay alive, as in running for his life and protecting himself with his shield, then he is going to be hard to kill. The older games where you could just hoover up the fleeing enemy got this wrong. There is something very arcadey about destroying an army in a single battle and it generally only happens if the commander is absolutely incompetent and gets surrounded.

Decanus

Leave the animations as they are, it's part of the game of troops fighting back and forth, and running. If you want fast battles try different Mod.

Quote Originally Posted by adambomb1 View Post
    Leave the animations as they are, it's part of the game of troops fighting back and forth, and running. If you want fast battles try different Mod.
    Please read the posts before you comment next time (no offense meant), as i said in my post CA did remove the matched combat animations in patch 9(check it yourself) from routing units because they served no purpose and prolong the battle, but in DeI they are still here, not only its not realistic for 1 person to stand and fight 1 cavalry unit while being engage by 50 other horses but its actually very annoying and time consuming for no good reason at all.

It's quite right what Monglor said. If you are to take down routing enemy, just surround them before they start routing (works for me). In any case, just think of what would happen if YOUR army starts routing (combat ends and your army lives).

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    Yup, real battles were not about 90-100% csualties, nor should be the battles in DeI since the mod aims at realism. It is still easy to get up to 80-90% casualties for your enemy.

I know that, and as i stated above i really like that, but my problem is that routing units don't die, and if i do not pursue them then as i stated above, they will come back and haunt me ruining a chain rout, i mean if i chain rout an entire army i have to keep my men in position because they just come back and back and back.

I think it is good as it is, it means that armies, quite realistically, can escape with a reasonable number of troops left if things go sideways. If a guy is just trying to stay alive, as in running for his life and protecting himself with his shield, then he is going to be hard to kill. The older games where you could just hoover up the fleeing enemy got this wrong. There is something very arcadey about destroying an army in a single battle and it generally only happens if the commander is absolutely incompetent and gets surrounded.
    Yes it is realistic, i do like that feature, but what i don't like is how the Unit comes back, almost every unit comes back and that gets really annoying, especialy if you are attacking, the enemy just doesn't give up and i lose due to the battle timer, i would like the DEI team to remove the huge moral bonuses units have (The unit breaks, 80secs later, the unit is confident....) I have tried playing on Normal, and it is the same.

It's quite right what Monglor said. If you are to take down routing enemy, just surround them before they start routing
    Yes i know, but to surround a unit you need to break the enemies center yes, so you can get a unit to move behind another to surround it, but once i surround it, the unit which broke in the center of there army comes back and outflanks my unit and it gets quite annoying, i really like this mod but they should do what Europa Barbarorum does, once a unit breaks it has a mild (35-45%) chance of regrouping, It's not to major of a problem, just a small thorn stuck in the game play but that's ok if it cant be fixed.
    Last edited by Samraat Mahendra Maurya; April 15, 2014 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddonn View Post
    Please read the posts before you comment next time (no offense meant), as i said in my post CA did remove the matched combat animations in patch 9(check it yourself) from routing units because they served no purpose and prolong the battle, but in DeI they are still here, not only its not realistic for 1 person to stand and fight 1 cavalry unit while being engage by 50 other horses but its actually very annoying and time consuming for no good reason at all.

I agree with this statement 100%.
    If it is as simple as just removing the matched combat animations from routing units i am starting to think that this is not intended and DeI may actualy have missed something here
    And i must say that it is extremley immersive breaking when enemy soldiers are able to run through my entire city after shattering on the walls, and not getting run down by around 220 cav chasing them.

+rep for a good explanation and an easily understood solution
    Last edited by Fedual; April 16, 2014 at 02:43 AM.

Most casualties came from routing units in realife. I don't like it that it takes 10min for one slinger unit to die for few horse units

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    Most casualties came from routing units in realife. I don't like it that it takes 10min for one slinger unit to die for few horse units
    This.

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

In S2 if I remember correctly, when you were hitting the end battle button after ennemy complete routing, the chasing and killing of routing units was autosolved. If you had lots of cav units left the ennemy losses were quite high.

Maybe it could be modded in R2, no ? Chasing routers is boring anyway, its like cav are used as shepperds dogs to press routers like sheeps to the slaughter.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

The solution is very simple and it was already done in patch 9 by CA, just removed the match combat animations from the routing units and everyone will be happy, like i said routing units cannot kill your units so seeing your units doing a match combat animation just makes the battle longer than it should,its not realistic and its very annoying to see it happen battle after battle.

I hope someone from the DeI team will comment on this, why was this re-added after it was removed by patch 9, was it on purpose and why is it still here after seeing it servers no purpose (and like i said its not realistic for 1 soldier to keep doing match combat animation with 1 of your cavalry while 30 other horses go around him its just annoying)

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Yerevan View Post
    In S2 if I remember correctly, when you were hitting the end battle button after ennemy complete routing, the chasing and killing of routing units was autosolved. If you had lots of cav units left the ennemy losses were quite high.

Maybe it could be modded in R2, no ? Chasing routers is boring anyway, its like cav are used as shepperds dogs to press routers like sheeps to the slaughter.
    In Rome 2 it is the same, no modding needed
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddonn View Post
    The solution is very simple and it was already done in patch 9 by CA, just removed the match combat animations from the routing units and everyone will be happy, like i said routing units cannot kill your units so seeing your units doing a match combat animation just makes the battle longer than it should,its not realistic and its very annoying to see it happen battle after battle.

I hope someone from the DeI team will comment on this, why was this re-added after it was removed by patch 9, was it on purpose and why is it still here after seeing it servers no purpose (and like i said its not realistic for 1 soldier to keep doing match combat animation with 1 of your cavalry while 30 other horses go around him its just annoying)

I think this is the case as well - I went ahead and did a test and on vanilla you won't see the matched animations during routing. I think this might be a simple bug in DeI right now, hopefully easy to fix.

antred's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by darknessjw View Post
    I've argued the same in numerous threads on this forum but apparently the DeI team feels that this is the best compromise to prevent each and every battle from ending with the near total annihilation of the losing side. I agree with you that it's not realistic that routing units are so hard to kill but I see where the DeI team is coming from, too, because let's face it ... with the AI's total inability to know when caution is the better part of valor, every battle WOULD end with the complete destruction of the AI army if routing units died realistically.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast