Thread: More historical names mini-submod

Default More historical names mini-submod

A tiny mini-submod, adding a few hundred historical names to the ERE, Kypchak and Khwarezmshah factions. All names are from the period 1100-1400 AD, from primary or secondary historical sources and databases. There are a few edits of broken grammar and a few spelling edits. There is a preference for names of royalty for princesses, as opposed to just any female name. The names lists are save-game compatible for Broken Crescent 2.3.2 and 2.3.2.2.

There is no installer. You will need to replace manually the older names.txt and descr_names.txt with the attached files.

Edit: There is now a version 2 of the names files with 400+ additional names for the Hindu factions, Sindh, Ghazni and Ghurid Sultanate. It includes the previously added names for Khwarezm, ERE and Kypchaks. All names are historical names from the respective regions and the period in question, from academic resources, translated chronicles and a few primary sources. I have added also a few more quotes, doubling the original number, again from historical sources from the relevant factions and periods.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Geoffrey of Villehardouin; May 10, 2014 at 02:14 PM.

Default Re: More historical names mini-submod

Ahhhh more names! Very nice. +rep

I have added more historical names to the Ghurid and Ghazni Sultanates, more than doubling their names, and in addition a fair number of historical names to Sindh and the two Hindu factions. They can be downloaded from the OP. Version 1 is obsolete, all additional names are included in version 2.

I have also added a few historical quotes, mainly from Islamic chronicles but also from historians of the Crusades and from some Byzantine and Armenian sources.

Names and quotes are compatible with the RR/RC compilation and the Jizya, Kafirs & Dhimmis v2 submod.

Morthrug's Avatar Laetus

Refreshing. Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks

Leonnatos's Avatar Foederatus

Many Thanks for both names and quotes!

Hi Geoffrey, I'm pretty sure this hasn't been implemented yet in BC 2.4 if it hasn't would it be possible if I add this to my Buff and Shine submod?