Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer Preview Thread

Default Re: Divide and Conquer Preview Thread

Nice job guys everything looks great

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Another heap of changes added to the 'New Units' section and the 'New Changes' section.

Every day Frodo moves closer to Mordor....
    LOL you sir are cruel! torturing us with this unbelievably good work! and i must say the new choice that Enedwaith has sounds really interesting
    Last edited by Gratzy2; May 25, 2014 at 09:50 AM.

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratzy2 View Post
    LOL you sir are cruel! torturing us with this unbelievably good work! and i must say the new choice that Enedwaith has sounds really interesting
    B-ton made the choice to work as follows, if you side with Isengard you are considered an evil faction and will be asked to give the ring to Sauron. If you refuse to side with them you will be considered good and will be asked to join in Imladris. I thought it was a brilliant idea. Also, I am currently deep into an Enedwaith campaign and the fixed Woodsmen Guild and the addition of the Farmhand units has proved to be a very exciting campaign. The freedom with E is wonderful, I am allied to Dunland and Gondor but haven't decided what to do about the horse lords or their white handed attackers.

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    B-ton made the choice to work as follows, if you side with Isengard you are considered an evil faction and will be asked to give the ring to Sauron. If you refuse to side with them you will be considered good and will be asked to join in Imladris. I thought it was a brilliant idea. Also, I am currently deep into an Enedwaith campaign and the fixed Woodsmen Guild and the addition of the Farmhand units has proved to be a very exciting campaign. The freedom with E is wonderful, I am allied to Dunland and Gondor but haven't decided what to do about the horse lords or their white handed attackers.
    that's really interesting but will the choice between good and evil affect the Enedwaith roster in anyway? sounds like you're well into your Enedwaith campaign but who did you choose to side with then? i'm really loving the sound of this choice

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratzy2 View Post
    that's really interesting but will the choice between good and evil affect the Enedwaith roster in anyway? sounds like you're well into your Enedwaith campaign but who did you choose to side with then? i'm really loving the sound of this choice
    The choice has no effect on your roster, it is merely a role playing choice. There are some advantages/disadvantages to allying with Isengard but they are in the script, if you approach them and ask for an alliance then the script is bypassed I believe, you have to wait for the Clan Moot to suggest approaching them.

In my own campaign, I attacked Rohan but didn't go to war with Gondor, but all of these have knock on effects.

Libertus

Is Isengard in this mod only supposed to give the ring to Sauron? I have a suggestion, but don't know if it is possible to do, due to the division of factions only in "Good" and "Evil": giving Isengard the choice whether to collaborate with Sauron giving him the ring or bringing it to Isengard so that Saruman could become the new dark lord, which is what he secretly wants, according to lore. This way, Isengard would be a third kind of faction, so to speak, enemy of good factions, but also a rival to Mordor and its allies, perhaps with the
    possibility of siding with them circumstantially until it manages to get the ring...

Quote Originally Posted by Ric_TW View Post
    Is Isengard in this mod only supposed to give the ring to Sauron? I have a suggestion, but don't know if it is possible to do, due to the division of factions only in "Good" and "Evil": giving Isengard the choice whether to collaborate with Sauron giving him the ring or bringing it to Isengard so that Saruman could become the new dark lord, which is what he secretly wants, according to lore. This way, Isengard would be a third kind of faction, so to speak, enemy of good factions, but also a rival to Mordor and its allies, perhaps with the
    possibility of siding with them circumstantially until it manages to get the ring...
    I believe what you are proposing is already part of this mod.

Indefinitely Banned

love it!

Brilliant mod. I assume when the new update is released it will require a new campaign and will not be compatible with existing campaigns? Keep up the good work guys!

Cytek's Avatar Libertus

It won't be compatible

Quote Originally Posted by Ric_TW View Post
    Not sure if you're trolling or serious, Isengard can keep the Ring and gain huge benefits from it. Of course, most of the factions declare war on you: but the first major benefit is that you get the Nine Nazgul. Eventually you get a regular supply of free troops, who you have complete freedom to use. Not sure if there's anything else to get, but my point still stands.

Any new hints to let us guess the release of the next update?

Selerz's Avatar Civis

Please update soon

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Discord1996 View Post
    Any new hints to let us guess the release of the next update?

The answer is 42. 4+2 = 6 which when added to todays date, the 2nd of June = 8. 8 is the number of letters in the word "tomorrow." Therefore the update comes out tomorrow. Also Illuminati.

Bam.

hmm, if ΔV is positive, progress on the next release is speeding up...
    idk physics was a long time ago
    Last edited by rusty887; June 02, 2014 at 07:04 PM.

There is also the Additional Units Mod 3.0 by Agostinos which add a couple of units!!
    Will you consider adding that in the future?

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

DaC already got a massive amount of units though.

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch-Balrog View Post
    DaC already got a massive amount of units though.
    Yeah Indeed. But Zarathos is already working in changing the limits and I am specifically refer to this great submod because it adds some units to Rohan and Rhun also
    And i would like to see if it's possible to add some units to the roster of these 2 factions
    Awesome work guys by the way!!!

^^ The 'Riders of the Westfold' and Kinsmen units are already in DaC if i remember right. The Rhun units aren't and I think they'd be quite nice, but i'd rather see it released