Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SoundMod: Released!

Default SoundMod: Released!

It required plenty of work to complete it, but finally we managed to do so and here it is: The new IB SoundMod, far from perfection but full of good intentions and a lot of effort.

It is not a project made from scratch, but a profound overhaul and upgrade (at least that was the intention) of the work made by Ihatemonday a few years ago when he created an amazing soundmod for the IB family of modifications. Some new features have been added, some others removed, but in the end we tried to honor IHM’s work the best we could.

The members of the IB team have given their constant assistance and support in the making of this soundmod. Therefore, any merits this project may have belong to all of them equally. On the contrary, I am the only one responsible for any flaws or inaccuracies found in it, as I have been in charge of the research and the direction given to the development of this project.

We’d like to dedicate this work to Ihatemonday. Without his original SoundMod, this upgrade would not have been possible.

- Features of the new SoundMod -

The new SoundMod focuses mainly on three areas: sound effects, music, and voices. The combination of the three of them gives this SoundMod its unique identity.

Sound effects: Here we are talking about the several sounds heard in the campaign map and battles (UI interactions, horns, battle sounds, soldiers’ screams, etc.). Those sounds have been left untouched and, as a consequence, they will remain the same as in the original SM. To be honest, I like those sounds and what they do for the game in terms of immersion. So, I didn’t see any reasons to change them.

Music: Finally we have our own music! We have been very fortunate to get to know this guy who made a lot of new exclusive tracks for us. We believe they are a great upgrade to the IB soundmod. Since the number of new tracks is not enough to substitute the whole RTW soundtrack, the soundmod is made up with a combination of the original RTW music and the new one. Hopefully, you guys will enjoy the new music and rep his author for his wonderful work. Long live Matt!

Voices: This part required many hours of very hard, although gratifying, work. It includes general’s speeches and other stuff. Please, be aware that the voices do not represent the Classical Latin dialect, but a depiction of the vernacular version of the language, the dialect known as Vulgar Latin. More information on this may be available after the release.

- Preview Video -

- Download & Installation -

- Download -

http://www.mediafire.com/download/av...B+soundmod.rar

- Instructions -

Just drop the contents of the file into the SAI/data folder.

For this release, it is intended for SOMNIVM APOSTATAE IVLIANI only.

- Credits -

Ihatemonday (creator of the original IB SoundMod and intellectual architect of the new voicemod)
    The INVASIO BARBARORVM team (for their assistance with testing and constant support)
    The Europa Barbarorum team (which helped with the technical implementation of the voicemod (special thanks to Red_Devil, whose assistance made possible communication between our teams).

I hope I’m not forgetting anyone, but if I am please let me know.

Last edited by Joar; February 25, 2015 at 04:27 PM.

Art by Joar

Default Re: SoundMod: Released!

... to everybody who was involved in the making!

Magister Militum Flavius Aetius's Avatar δούξ θρᾳκήσιου
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wohoo! It will work with IBUR too then! Can I use it?

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Congratulations on the release and i will be testing on shortly on my never ending SAI campaign.
    +Rep.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Aram Kurdo's Avatar Tiro

Like The EB one is this soundmod covers The Eastern Musics & Tracks too?!
    Racists and Fascists Call You Terrorists, Humanity Calls You "FREEDOM FIGHTER"
    YPJ (Women protection Units) Warriors in Rojava (Kurdistan Of Syria)

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

So this works only for SAI?

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

I think it can be used with all the IBFD Mods, in which the old Sund-Mod was working.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

For this release, it is intended for SOMNIVM APOSTATAE IVLIANI
    Not yet but i bet they will get there eventually.
    Last edited by Sertorio; April 18, 2014 at 07:50 AM.
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Quote Originally Posted by KurdishSpartakus View Post
    Like The EB one is this soundmod covers The Eastern Musics & Tracks too?!
    Yes, there's brand new tracks for all cultures.

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    So this works only for SAI?
    For now, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joar View Post
    Yes, there's brand new tracks for all cultures.

For now, yes.
    am i the only one that has installed the mod only to find vanilla music playing?

the music folder and the sound txt file dont match up...or is it just me doing it wrong?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

This isn't working: I overwrote the contents but the sounds are all the same.

I'm not part of the SoundMod squad, so PSEUDO ROMANUS better answer your tech questions.

Very busy right now. I promise though that I'll see what's going on as soon as I can

OK, I installed it and it is working. This is what I did:
    I removed the sounds folder from the SAI /data one and replaced the former with the new sounds folder included in the download. Then I dropped the text files from the download into the SAI/data folder, replacing all of them. Try this. I’ll be back in a couple of hours.
    Last edited by PSEUDO ROMANUS; April 18, 2014 at 03:29 PM.

Art by Joar

Quote Originally Posted by PSEUDO ROMANUS View Post
    Very busy right now. I promise though that I'll see what's going on as soon as I can

OK, I installed it and it is working. This is what I did:
    I removed the sounds folder from the SAI /data one and replaced the former with the new sounds folder included in the download. Then I dropped the text files from the download into the SAI/data folder, replacing all of them. Try this. I’ll be back in a couple of hours.
    it still not working for me , am i supposed to have the i hate mondays soundmod installed first?
    i would suggest that you check the sounds/music folder of the upload as there seems to be a lot missing from there and the music. txt file shows a lot of tracks that are supposed to be in sai/data./ound/music folder but are not,
    i could be wrong and just making a simple mistake but iv tried a lot of things and its still not working.

No, you're not supposed to have the original soundmod installed first. Just a clean copy of SAI.
    I'll check out what you suggested right now. I'll keep you posted.
    Anyone else having problems with the installation?

Art by Joar

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

It fixed part of it: the Music doesn't work but the other stuff does.

Part of the problem might be that I had IHateMondays Soundmod installed. It never worked, but it was "installed"

Quote Originally Posted by PSEUDO ROMANUS View Post
    No, you're not supposed to have the original soundmod installed first. Just a clean copy of SAI.
    I'll check out what you suggested right now. I'll keep you posted.
    Anyone else having problems with the installation?
    thats fine i never had ihm installed...so where does all your new music come from if it is not in the sound/music file?

Thanks for the feedback. I'm doing my research and noticed that, for some unknown reason to me, the compressed file didn't include the music. I'll fix that. It seems that the speeches and commands work though. Is that the case with everybody?

Art by Joar

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast