Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Siege & Artillery Overhaul for "Divide et Impera" (AAW based)

Default Siege & Artillery Overhaul for "Divide et Impera" (AAW based)

DESCRIPTION:

This mod totally overhauls sieges and artillery equipment, city walls, forts, gates, and all destructible objects. Long story short this mod makes sieges epic offering both AI and players more initial equipment at the start of a siege, more powerful artillery engines, and gates and fort walls that are not destroyed in 20 seconds after being magically torched with Rome 2 infamous magical torches. It balances more powerful siege engines making it more deadly but less accurate, and also makes every destructible object more resilient, so it will break realistically instead of being torn to pieces after one soldier touches it; read ahead for a better description of all changes.

REQUIREMENTS:

It requires DeI to work, and this mod needs to be loaded before DeI. This will happen automatically if loaded with the official mod manager, or will need to be placed before Divide et impera part1 if using the TWC community mod manager.

This mod includes my Javelin range increase for DEI (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=237882390), so if you use this you don't need to use that one. (this mod slightly increases javelin range to avoid such units from harlem shake dancing and/or standing around not throwing their javelins/pilum)

WHAT THIS MOD OFFERS:

1. Artillery units are divided between anti-personnel and anti-structures, the former assigned to cheiroballistas, scorpions and polybolos; the latter for onagers and ballistas.

2. Artillery is less accurate but deadly; artillery units have received armour penetration and damage has been greatly allowing them to kill each soldier on the AE on a successful hit. The calibration system has been overhauled to alter accuracy ; on maximun range artillery units are very unreliable, but their find their sweet spot at optimal distance, however a minimum range (around half the max range) has been implemented to avoid artillery engines from being over powered on open land battles and also to simulate real physics.

3. To make the new changes visual artillery shock wave radius has been modified to reflect real physics behind each type of projectile.

4. If used in conjuction with "Naval Overhaul for Divide et Impera", and I recommend to do so, naval artillery will be inaccurate but will have a devastating effect on each hit, destroying on one hit light ships and decimating crews of heavier ships, plus leaving them ready to sink by your ramming units.

5. Artillery unit cap and ammunition have been increased to allow you and the A.I. to breach multiple points of a wall and avoid those messy bottlenecks on the gates, and to compensate for the artillery unit caps of each army of DeI

6. Walls and gates have gotten a significant increase of hit points to match the new potential of artillery, and won't burn a few seconds after being torched by "magical torches".

7. All destructible objects have increased hit points to make the destruction caused by marching and rampaging armies more realistic.

8. More equipment per recruited siege unit, to allow commanders to distribute their troops along the walls and gates; however a unit cap for each type of equipment has been introduced to avoid spamming. Unit cap and probability for siege equipment has been overhauled for custom battles as well.

- from 1 to 1 unit of siege equipment = battering ram units
    - from 2 to 5 units of siege equipment = siege tower units
    - from 4 to 6 units of siege equipment = ladders and galleys

9. The AI custom battles cap for ladders and towers has been increased to 6, and the damage of the tortoise and battering ram has been increased.

COMPATIBILITY:

+ Divide et Impera v 0.9F (Required for this mod to work) NOTE ONLY THE STEAM FILES ARE UPDATED
    + Any graphical mods
    + Any mods that change turns per year, or technology tree changes
    + Patch 11
    + Compatible with "Naval Overhaul for Divide et Impera"
    + Not fully compatible with mods that modify the following db tables:

a. battlefield_buildings_tables
    b. battlefield_deployable_siege_items_tables
    c. battlefield_siege_vehicles_custom_battles_tables
    d. battlefield_siege_vehicles_tables
    e. campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects_tables (as long as values modified on this tables are not replicated on a different mod, it should be compatible)
    d. effect_bonus_value_sieges_items_junctions_tables
    e. land_units_tables (would be compatible with most DeI based mods, however this mod may overwrite those mod tables, blocking any changes to the DeI_land_units tables by those mods; this means if you have a cavarly overhaul mod for instance, every unit of that table would not reflect the changes of that mod, but the other will, so you need to manually alter one of the two mods to reflect both changes)
    f. projectiles_tables; same as (e.)

DOWNLOAD

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=247560956
    or
    check the attached file

Note:
    For users of my 2 TPY Campaing Movement for DEI mod this 2 mods are not compatible, however on the course of the week I will update that mod (is not working atm) and will make a compilation mod that will include the campaing movement, naval overhaul and this mod, found in my workshop. I also will make a 4tpy version since it was requested. Have some patience I don't have much free time and my sleep patterns are already messed up LOL

CREDITS

Up to 10/04/2014 ALL THE CREDIT FOR THE RESEARCH AND DESIGN OF THIS MOD GO TO @alecwermuth, I merely dissected certain parts of his amazing Authentic Ancient World mod, and updated and made them compatible with the latest version of DeI, mainly for his decision to discontinue such mod for DEI.

Any changes from here on to this mod will be made by me, either by my own game experience or by the feedback of the community

To the Divide et Impera team for making Rome total war 2 the game it deserved to be, and specially to @dresden for his tutorials on the TWC that have been fundamental for many of us "noob" modders

And finally to the CA for creating this game and continuing to support it
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by andrewdrakelive; June 13, 2014 at 05:54 AM. Reason: COMPATIBLE WITH DEI 0.9F

Default Re: Siege & Artillery Overhaul for "Divide et Impera" (AAW based)

This sounds great cant wait to give it a try tomorrow.

Wow. Sounds great, downloading.

I try it now whit naval overhaul

Sounds great!

I don't quite understand point 8 though. What does this mean?

- from 1 to 1 unit of siege equipment = battering ram units
    - from 2 to 5 units of siege equipment = siege tower units
    - from 4 to 6 units of siege equipment = ladders and galleys

@rjacko, it means without the mod when you built 1 bat ram, you could deploy 1 bat ram, with the mod this is unchanged, however without the mod, when you built 1 ladder, you could deploy 4 on the battlefield, with the mod for 1 built, you can deploy 6, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewdrakelive View Post
    @rjacko, it means without the mod when you built 1 bat ram, you could deploy 1 bat ram, with the mod this is unchanged, however without the mod, when you built 1 ladder, you could deploy 4 on the battlefield, with the mod for 1 built, you can deploy 6, etc.
    Gotcha, ta!

The mod is now compatible with DEI .9F

Hmm I get a crash when loading this mod as either movie or mod?

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I am unable to open the attached file
    ???!!!

The attached file has not been updated for while use the steam version

any chance you can make the action pionts on the campain map on par with arty? it makes no sense to take them with you atm since they make your whole army way slower. i really like arty, but i just NEVER take them atm:/

Seems interesting mod. I will try it right away in my Roman campaign together with the Naval overhaul mod.
    Is it save compatible?

Save compatible and currently updated for DEI 1.03

Current 1.03 version artillery is already less accurate. Does this mod make it even less?

Blasphemer, I would have to dig the db tables to compare, and answer accurately, what I can tell you is that my calibration areas are bigger, so there is bigger spread. I always play with my mod, so the safest bet is to try it and compare, since statistical data on the db tables is quite tricky to relate to real performance. Sorry for the cryptic answer

Never mind. I tried this mod and it seems awesome. Finally a simple wooden ladder can be destroyed by a ballista shot.

Enjoy, and make sure to give me feedback to improve it

Auto-resolve results have changed severely after this submod. Maybe it's because of greatly increased damage, I suppose.

Yes I think autoresolve gives too much chances to win to an army with siege engines, because of the damage, which is good on a siege, not so good on the field...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast