Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Siege & Artillery Overhaul for "Divide et Impera" (AAW based)

Default Re: Siege & Artillery Overhaul for "Divide et Impera" (AAW based)

The op mentions a special version for 2tpy.

I'm using 12 turns per year myself, will the normal version of this sub mod be incompatible with that 12tpy sub mod?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

How is the AI handling the increased number of ladders? I know that Rafkos reduced them for the main mod due to some problems with the AI in sieges?

Foederatus

Is there any chance that with this mod the celtic slingers (probably other slingers as well) are overpowered? I used this mod along with DEI, 1tpy official dei submod and updated DEI naval overhaul and 4-5 units of veneti celtic slingers anihillated my camillan roman army (hastati, equites, principes were destroyed by a few volleys).

Is this supposed to happen?

Ivan_Moscavich, I used to have a mod for movement for 2TPY, but I don't update it anymore. The mod is compatible with any TPY mods.

Flash_Hearth, as it happens with sieges, sometimes the AI will take advantage of the extra ladders, even positioning troops in different entry points, sometimes they will just throw themselves to die. The reason I keep more ladders is because in many cases they will be destroyed, however test it and give me feedback.

Izs I will have to double check, I have not had such problems, I had an error before where stones had added and explosion effect making slingers grenade launchers, LOL, however to fix that I triple checked the tables to eliminate such mistakes. Are you running any other mods beides DEI and the 1TPY mod?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by andrewdrakelive View Post

Flash_Hearth, as it happens with sieges, sometimes the AI will take advantage of the extra ladders, even positioning troops in different entry points, sometimes they will just throw themselves to die. The reason I keep more ladders is because in many cases they will be destroyed, however test it and give me feedback.
    So are ladders the only thing the AI builds during sieges or do they also build rams? Will test when I get time for it.

They build rams as well

Ivan_Moscavich, I used to have a mod for movement for 2TPY, but I don't update it anymore. The mod is compatible with any TPY mods.
    Excellent. Thanks for the prompt answer.

Foederatus

Izs I will have to double check, I have not had such problems, I had an error before where stones had added and explosion effect making slingers grenade launchers, LOL, however to fix that I triple checked the tables to eliminate such mistakes. Are you running any other mods beides DEI and the 1TPY mod?
    Well I use epic music mod, More cities and towns version 4, DEI Faction + unit names restored in English and guaranteed major faction empires by Mitch. It could be that I am using a lot of mods, but those mods are supposed to be compatible with everything.

Izs, none of the other mods you mentioned modifies the land_units or projectiles tables, I checked my mod, and sling stones had added the snake pot status effect, it is fixed now, and my excuses for such clumsyness...I should not work on mods late at night LOL. Thanks for pointing it out anyways

Foederatus

I'm glad It was helpfull! Keep the good work!

Hi. Any chance for this mod to get updated?

No need for this, as arty has been revamped quite recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post

No need for this, as arty has been revamped quite recently.
    But gates can still be torched and the walls of cities fall quite easily I think.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You can't turn off gate torching but AI gets free ram so I didn't see a gate torching in like 2 years. If you think walls go down easily you should read some the fan feedback as most of people say it is too difficult now.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Oh no, now this thread has reawakened from the dead! https://youtu.be/2NaS_DMXXqM?t=5s

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12