Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Work to continue on Titanium!

Default Re: Work to continue on Titanium!

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    Zirid Emirate

The Zirids were Sanhaja Berbers originating from the area of modern Algeria. During the 10th century this tribe served as vassals to the Fatimids, however in the subsequent century their relation got ever more estranged because conflict of interests (mainly greed by the Zirid rulers), climaxing in 1049 when they finally decided to break away completely by adopting Sunni Islam and recognizing the Abbasids of Baghdad as rightful Caliphs. As soon as this happened, the Fatimids retaliated by sending the Arab tribes of Banu Hilal and Banu Sulaym to Ifriqiya, who managed to defeat the Zirids and laid waste to the land. The resulting anarchy devastated the previously flourishing agriculture, and the coastal towns assumed a new importance as conduits for maritime trade and bases for piracy against Christian shipping.

Old Emir Tamim ibn al-Mu'izz, who has been ruling for almost half century only a strip of land in the coast, has not done much to improve the situation of inland Ifriqiya and the expansion of the christians north of the Mediterranean threaten to wipe his domain sooner or later. Such dire situation presents a huge challenge against difficult odds to his heirs and future successors, who will not only have to rebuild the infrastructure of the country to turn this wasteland into a prosperous region once more but also resist the Christian impending invasions as well as from other North African Muslim neighbours. If such task is achieved, then the Zirids might move on to the offensive and start reclaiming the neighbouring lands and island of the Mediterranean.
    I see from the map you definetly decided to remove Portugal for Early Era Campaign, snif. The idea of mantaining Portugal as a county was better in my opinion, i'm so sad...

But keep up the good work, nice to see this mod evolving. my favourite MTW2 submod

I think it is better to have Zirid Emirate. I liek this idea lot. There is plenty of catholic factions already, and portugal offer nothing unique

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by achilles-91 View Post
    I think it is better to have Zirid Emirate. I liek this idea lot. There is plenty of catholic factions already, and portugal offer nothing unique
    I find myself inclined to agree with this.
    If I am not mistaken this is for the early period, right?

Portugal unique units for early era were:
    lusitanian javelinmen and portuguese (chivalric) knights
    the 1st are still available through AOR for everyone and the later while currently removed, could be added back and made availble for Castile&Leon like a special AOR unit from Porto, Lisbon and Silves.
    Also Enrique de Borgoņa (father of 1st King of Portugal) is a starting family member for Castile&Leon, married to a bastard daughter of the King

Is possible that there will be a sub-submod that enables back portugal for early campaign.

BTW inspired by Fred Putz' Just another submod (i know it was also suggested around here as well ) Cities and Castles barracks can produce the same units now, as well as archery ranges and stables available to both. There are still some minor differences making castles still a bit better for creating "feudal armies" but is almost negligible.

...portuguese (chivalric) knights...could be added back and made availble for Castile&Leon like a special AOR unit from Porto, Lisbon and Silves.
    Man, I really object to having that many different types of chivalric knights.
    One for all should be enough, unles you want sword knights, mace knights, two-handed-axe/poleaxe knights (you get it) all for every faction.

Personally I believe that it would be ideal if the EDU could change for every knightly armour era, so as to accomodate automatic armour upgrades.
    Otherwise we end up (like we currently do) in the end of an era having knights with anachronistic equipment and no chance of modernization.

By changing the EDU I mean that the mod could have more than one EDU for the same campaign.
    At the end of the era the player can get an on-screen message that he/she should save and exit the game for the next era EDU to be activated.
    Or the player can activate the next era EDU manually.
    Last edited by paleologos; July 10, 2015 at 04:07 PM.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

You will have to settle for manually - usually achieved by having the desired EDU in a custom folder and then copying it over the default one. You should have a custom folder with the default EDU as well so as to revert to it if desired.
    We have used a similar system with the files for '1648' to enable change of descriptions and faction banners, ditto for 'the last Kingdom'. You can make use of BAT files and copy the desired files, create a desktop icon during installation and then even the most computer illiterate can do this. Under neath the two BAT files (placed in the root of the mod) from 'the last Kingdom' that make the change and revert it:
    Code:
    @echo off
    xcopy data\Normans_Baptized\*.txt data\ /Y
    xcopy data\models_strat\Normans_Baptized\*.* data\models_strat\ /Y
    xcopy data\models_strat\textures\Normans_Baptized\*.* data\models_strat\textures\ /Y
    xcopy data\unit_models\_units\normans\Normans_Baptized\*.* data\unit_models\_units\normans\ /Y
    xcopy data\unit_models\_units\normans\textures\Normans_Baptized\*.* data\unit_models\_units\normans\textures\ /Y
    xcopy data\unit_models\_generals_and_captains\tlk\textures\Normans_Baptized\*.* data\unit_models\_generals_and_captains\tlk\textures\ /Y
    xcopy data\ui\unit_info\normans\Normans_Baptized\*.* data\ui\unit_info\normans\ /Y
    xcopy data\ui\units\normans\Normans_Baptized\*.* data\ui\units\normans\ /Y
    cd ..\..
    IF EXIST kingdoms.exe (start kingdoms.exe @%0\..\Configuration.cfg) ELSE (start medieval2.exe @%0\..\Configuration.cfg)

Code:
    @echo off
    xcopy data\Normans_Pagan\*.txt data\ /Y
    xcopy data\models_strat\Normans_Pagan\*.* data\models_strat\ /Y
    xcopy data\models_strat\textures\Normans_Pagan\*.* data\models_strat\textures\ /Y
    xcopy data\unit_models\_units\normans\Normans_Pagan\*.* data\unit_models\_units\normans\ /Y
    xcopy data\unit_models\_units\normans\textures\Normans_Pagan\*.* data\unit_models\_units\normans\textures\ /Y
    xcopy data\unit_models\_generals_and_captains\tlk\textures\Normans_Pagan\*.* data\unit_models\_generals_and_captains\tlk\textures\ /Y
    xcopy data\ui\unit_info\normans\Normans_Pagan\*.* data\ui\unit_info\normans\ /Y
    xcopy data\ui\units\normans\Normans_Pagan\*.* data\ui\units\normans\ /Y
    cd ..\..
    IF EXIST kingdoms.exe (start kingdoms.exe @%0\..\Configuration.cfg) ELSE (start medieval2.exe @%0\..\Configuration.cfg)

This system uses several custom sub folders - it can be simplified by using one folder each based in the root of the mod, eg. mods\mymod\new_files and mods\mymod\old_files with those folders having the required folder structure.
    The last line in the BAT file is using the universal batch file method to start the game, which requires the CFG file to have the same name as listed in the line.

Well, I can't say I am familiar with code or coding, I suppose I am worse off in that way than the "most computer illiterate".
    However, I do believe that Melooo182 can handle this if he finds it agreeable.

I think an interactive event that autosaves and exits the game could be possible while another external script similar the BattleAIprofiles switcher gets some sort of info from the game to perform the appropriate EDU swap and relaunches the game with a temporarily edit of .cfg to skip main menu and go straight to the last saved campaign.

Just an idea of how it could be done, but dunno if a VBscript can get cues from an ingame interactive event...I have 0 experience with that.

The manual swap solution seems a very sloppy approach to such feature.

Blog Entries

I am not aware of any possibility to integrate VBscript into the game - there simply is no physical clue it could work on. Nor do I think can you auto save via script. Exiting the game is possible via the game_quit command, by I do not know if that exits to the desktop or is just similar to quitting and gets you to menu. You probably could simulate a quick save with ButtonPressed, but then again I don't think the script can process simultaneous key pressing (Ctrl+S) as is necessary in this case.

The starting directly with the last save game CFG setting is only applicable to hot seat games I think, but I might be wrong here. Keep me posted if you work out a non sloppy solution

Does the BattleAIprofiles switcher work on editing files or does it copy\replace files as well?

BattleAIprofiles switcher just copy files from one folder to another
    Been checking the VBscript that handles it for TAWT and i think it only checks if the kingdoms.exe is running or not
    not sure what the other stuff do xD

Code:
    Dim ScriptDelay
    ScriptDelay = 40
    strProcess = "kingdoms.exe"
    strComputer = "."
    Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
    Set oWSH = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    sCurDir = oFSO.GetParentFolderName(WScript.ScriptFullName)

Function IsProcessRunning( strServer, strProcess )
        Dim Process, strObject
        IsProcessRunning = False
        strObject   = "winmgmts://" & strServer
        For Each Process in GetObject( strObject ).InstancesOf( "win32_process" )
        If UCase( Process.name ) = UCase( strProcess ) Then
                IsProcessRunning = True
                Exit Function
            End If
        Next
    End Function

intHighNumber = 2
    intLowNumber = 1

Randomize
    intNumber = Int((intHighNumber - intLowNumber + 1) * Rnd + intLowNumber)
    If intNumber = 1 then oFSO.CopyFile sCurDir & "\data\AIMisc1\*.*", sCurDir & "\data\", True
    If intNumber = 2 then oFSO.CopyFile sCurDir & "\data\AIMisc2\*.*", sCurDir & "\data\", True

Do While True

ScriptDelay = ScriptDelay + 1

if ( ScriptDelay >= 40 ) Then
    ScriptDelay = 0
    intHighNumber = 5
    intLowNumber = 1

Randomize
    intNumber = Int((intHighNumber - intLowNumber + 1) * Rnd + intLowNumber)
    If intNumber = 1 then oFSO.CopyFile sCurDir & "\data\AiSet1\*.*", sCurDir & "\data\", True
    If intNumber = 2 then oFSO.CopyFile sCurDir & "\data\AiSet2\*.*", sCurDir & "\data\", True
    If intNumber = 3 then oFSO.CopyFile sCurDir & "\data\AiSet3\*.*", sCurDir & "\data\", True
    If intNumber = 4 then oFSO.CopyFile sCurDir & "\data\AiSet4\*.*", sCurDir & "\data\", True
    If intNumber = 5 then oFSO.CopyFile sCurDir & "\data\AiSet5\*.*", sCurDir & "\data\", True
    End if
    WScript.Sleep 10000
    if ( IsProcessRunning( strServer, strProcess ) = False ) Then
    WScript.Quit
    End if
    WScript.Sleep 10000
    WScript.Quit
    End if
    WScript.Sleep 10000
    WScript.Quit
    End if
    Loop

Blog Entries

Back to manual swapping?

I really love the idee of additions to the Southern & Eastern end of the map. Much more realistic en appropriate considering the scientific en economic weight these area’s pulled in the early middle ages. More non-catholic factions are als a very good addition especially since they make the game more dynamic en creates more ‘faith’ wars. Posts look very good!
    Kingdom of Georgia

In this most ancient land, the Kingdom Georgia is a very young state, the first man to take the title "King of Georgia" was Bagrat III less than a century ago. However, it's history runs much deeper, situated in the Southern Caucasus, the land have always been something of a sanctuary while endless wars rage through it's neighbourhoods, the Georgians were amongst the earliest state to convert to Christianity, and remained for many centuries it's most north-eastern frontier. However during the middle ages most of the region were carved up by petty feudal lords, and then came the Arab and later Turkish invasions, this proud and highly cultured region now literally have their back against the wall, but it is such a state that is most dangerous.

The Current King of Georgia, David IV, is amongst the most brilliant leader of his time, with the weakening of the Great Seljuk and the entrance of the Crusaders, Georgia is now in prime position to break out from the Turkish yoke, David has also employed a very significant number of Nomadic warriors imported from the steppes, their skill shall prove most useful against their Turkish cousins.

While Georgia is in an advantaged situation for the moment, it would be wise to quickly capitalize on the situation before the Turks can regain their footing in the region, Georgia is still after all, a tiny state stuck between multiple giants. While the Romans profess the same Orthodox religion, they have their own ambition in the region, and while the Cumans are friendly for the moment, the predictable nature of the nomadic hordes should never be taken for granted. Thus Georgia would be most wise to try and ally themselves with the other states in the region in a similar plight, the Crusaders, while professing Catholicism, would make an useful ally as they also struggle against both the Muslims and are wary of the Byzantines.
    Looks good. In Broken Crescent i really enjoyedplaying with Georgia. Especially since they got a very nice bunch of units. Didyou by change looked considered borrowing units from BrokenCrescent?

Zirid Emirate

The Zirids were Sanhaja Berbers originating from the area of modern Algeria. During the 10th century this tribe served as vassals to the Fatimids, however in the subsequent century their relation got ever more estranged because conflict of interests (mainly greed by the Zirid rulers), climaxing in 1049 when they finally decided to break away completely by adopting Sunni Islam and recognizing the Abbasids of Baghdad as rightful Caliphs. As soon as this happened, the Fatimids retaliated by sending the Arab tribes of Banu Hilal and Banu Sulaym to Ifriqiya, who managed to defeat the Zirids and laid waste to the land. The resulting anarchy devastated the previously flourishing agriculture, and the coastal towns assumed a new importance as conduits for maritime trade and bases for piracy against Christian shipping.

Old Emir Tamim ibn al-Mu'izz, who has been ruling for almost half century only a strip of land in the coast, has not done much to improve the situation of inland Ifriqiya and the expansion of the christians north of the Mediterranean threaten to wipe his domain sooner or later. Such dire situation presents a huge challenge against difficult odds to his heirs and future successors, who will not only have to rebuild the infrastructure of the country to turn this wasteland into a prosperous region once more but also resist the Christian impending invasions as well as from other North African Muslim neighbours. If such task is achieved, then the Zirids might move on to the offensive and start reclaiming the neighbouring lands and island of the Mediterranean.
    A strategic interesting Emirate. It will make life harder for the Moors in Africa were they where unopposed an make life Easier in Spain for the Moors. Also with the possibility of invading Italy en the surrounding Islands. Good work!

Hi everyone. I cant find the download links anywhere for the Titanium mod. Can someone point me to the correct page please? Thanks :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Romanus4 View Post
    Hi everyone. I cant find the download links anywhere for the Titanium mod. Can someone point me to the correct page please? Thanks :-)
    LINK

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Perhaps Melooo should add a couple more "DOWNLOAD" in the title of that thread

Thanks for this :-)

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post

Some portraits I did for a new line of buildings exclusive for Cumans, Mongols and perhaps Ilkhanate too

This will allow these factions to tier up their armies without developing the settlement in the steppes regions, if they capture settlements outside of this area they'll have to construct buildings just like any other faction to get the goods
    I think this is in the direction of HURB, very similar how it's done in EBII which I like very much.

I like this.

Blog Entries

Nice - is that taken from an actual settlement?