Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Work to continue on Titanium!

Default Re: Work to continue on Titanium!

Hungarians are top there for my fav. faction together with portugal. the map looks great. Lets hope there will be a difference between the normal hussars (who are supposed to be serbians), magyar huszars (an upgrade still light cav) and the already in game Huszare for polad (heavy). hehe would be so much fun to throw that light cavalry into use

seeing at the factions on that screenshots, this is far away from HURB factions list?! I thought HURB will be the base for Titanium?

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by napoleonic View Post
    seeing at the factions on that screenshots, this is far away from HURB factions list?! I thought HURB will be the base for Titanium?
    I am not familiar with the ternibology, what is HURB?

HURB: Historical Units Region Buildings, RollingWave's submod
    I did use parts of HURB map to bake this one...but decided not to build directly upon HURB mod as it has too many bugs to fix...so preferred to use the SS6.4+Bugfix Compilation as base.

Faction List will be closer HURB's in the future

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    HURB: Historical Units Region Buildings, RollingWave's submod
    I did use parts of HURB map to bake this one...but decided not to build directly upon HURB mod as it has too many bugs to fix...so preferred to use the SS6.4+Bugfix Compilation as base.

Faction List will be closer HURB's in the future
    Sure man, appreciate your efforts, by the way what do you think of gsthoed's Scripted Garrisons?
    Personally I would like to see something along these lines.
    If he needs help can you help him?

Yeah this new way of achieving it is really good, i don't see why we shouldn't include it, at least as a toggleable submod.
    Also sure I can lend him a hand on scripting in case he needs it, we've been working together on them for a while now xD although he's better than I on that.

Update on the map: I've been placing some more regions into the Caucasus/Anatolia/Mesopotamia area at expenses of the arabic peninsula mainly, which was over represented in SS6.4. This is particullary good if factions like Georgia and/or Armenia-Cilicia and Abassids are going to be added in.

Preview
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	553.5 KB 
ID:	313590

iberia, the balcans and anatolia looks like a total mess indeed, lots of settlements, can be a total war quite so xD are you sure there are only 199 regions there? it looks like so many, it looks good. i just find hard to defend anatolia in stainless steel as soon as i step in (nicaea has too many places to defend if you take it first) this one looks even more challenging, lots of settlements, might bring more choke points

I'm Absolutely sure there are 199 regions, each new region i've added has had another removed from somewhere else.

Arabia had 6 provinces and it was reduced to 3, scandinavia had 11 and now has 8, British Isles had 11 and now 9, maghreb had 10 and now 8, Rusland-Urals got 3 removed, Athens Province was merged into Thessalonika's, Rhodes into Smyrna's and Corsica into Sardinia's provinces.

Since we are using permanent Stone Forts, all these removed settlements are replaced by a fort representing a minor settlement.
    Also Corsica and Sardinia have a "land bridge" between them as well as Rhodes with Anatolia, this so the AI can get to use these forts without much trouble.
    I'm still undecided if Corsica should stay in Sardinia's province though, as it would be more historically accurate that it were part of Pisa's province but then it could be confusing for the AI...SSHIP has it like this but I think is just a dead Island with no interaction by the AI.

There is also an idea of placing a land bridge to Britain and from Britain to Ireland so the AI has it easier with invasions of the British isles.

Note that this region set is exclusively for the Early Era Campaign, High Era would have another distribution, with probably Rhodes and Athens back as they would become more important in the 13-14th century.

i meant that they look like lots
    gj man

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by LusitanPlayer View Post
    Hungarians are top there for my fav. faction together with portugal. the map looks great. Lets hope there will be a difference between the normal hussars (who are supposed to be serbians), magyar huszars (an upgrade still light cav) and the already in game Huszare for polad (heavy). hehe would be so much fun to throw that light cavalry into use
    While it is true that the first hussars were indeed Serbian, they were low in numbers(since they were fugitive nobles) and lost their significance very fast considering that by the time of Matthias Corvinus there were 4-8 000 of hussars in deployment recruited from all parts of his kingdom and beyond.

So "normal" hussars should be just what they were, just hussars...unless of course, there is a separate unit of "Serbian hussars"(which there is, the merc one) which should then be equiped even heavier than the Polish hussars considering they operated in the 15th century almost universally covered in plate half-armor(since they were nobles).

Another sneak peak of latest Internal Alpha Build map
    If everything goes fine in the tests, ie no constant CTDs or the sorts, this will be released to public very soon

I have to note that a lot of work has been done to make all the extra features work in Hotseat, like for example Interactive events like fairs, tourneys, loan takes, etc.
    as well as fixing some mistakes from SS6.4 regarding Hotseat.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Titanium_Campaign_Test.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	223.0 KB 
ID:	314768

After 1st release work will start on adding new factions such as Abbasids(replacing timurids), Obotrites(replacing lithuania), Serbia, Cilicia-Armenia and/or Georgia and get the definitive version for Early Era map regions.

+Marius+'s Avatar Domesticus

Maybe to avoid the usual chunky provinces in Africa and Arabia you could try implement the "wasteland" technique that the EB team did;

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Yeah i've thought on that and even have a prototype map version with unconquerable sahara/arabian desert/urals province, however it has the downside that you have to sacrifice 1 province :/.

Yeah i've thought on that and even have a prototype map version with unconquerable sahara/arabian desert/urals province, however it has the downside that you have to sacrifice 1 province :/.
    I think the idea was to make that impassable terrain, not a "fake province" in it's own.

those big deserts are already impassable terrain, EB's map does have that "fake" unconquerable province, see the map image, there is a settlement in the left bottom border of the map, Timbuktu if im not mistaken, that settlement is unconquerable (unless you use cheats to move armies) as it's surrounded by impassable terrain.

Ran a test campaign and didn't had any CTD until the turn 359 (Y 1279) something in mongols' turn end, still haven't figured out what it is, most likely some Trait/Ancillary trigger as sometimes the crash doesnt happen if i reload the save or type console command disable_vnvs.

Ran a test campaign and didn't had any CTD until the turn 359 (Y 1279) something in mongols' turn end, still haven't figured out what it is, most likely some Trait/Ancillary trigger as sometimes the crash doesnt happen if i reload the save or type console command disable_vnvs.
    Great news sir ! Does this mean we getting close ?

Certainly it is, the Alpha is very playable and progress would definitively benefit from extra feedback by testers

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Great news!!

Certainly it is, the Alpha is very playable and progress would definitively benefit from extra feedback by testers
    so if i understood well, your need tester ? im willing to help, il play it just for specific testings, not for fan.