Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 1] Chivalry TW: Installation&Start Issues (Read First Post)

Default Re: Install + Start Issues - Read First Post

So..Yeah, I just got the game to start. No problems except my own incompetence.

And, i go to start the game as the english, it's goin fine and everything, and then, all of a sudden, the game crashes just as the load screen ends. No error message, nothing. Just a CTD.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Bare ERA's Rtw+Bi, btw.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

... but that's not a start or install issue, as far as i understood your report above.

Please check the bug-report thread (at best use the first post template). However, i think this kind of ctd is unknown with 0.96 ...

Do other 0.96 players have the same problem? Then they shall as well make their bug-reports in the according thread.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I considered it a start one since it was still the main menu.

Nevermind. I did a re-copy of my base version and it worked. It might have been my old troy one. Sorry for wasting your time.

I just downloaded this mod via the Filefront link. Yet after I install it and run it the game says I'm missing 4 engines.

I can recall two of them off my head.

METWII(my spelling sucks) Catapult, trebu(forget the rest of the spelling for the artillery), and two other things. It than says unable to locate and boot engines and closes the game.

Patrician Artifex

Please make sure your Chivalry/RTW directory is correct, and that you meet the install/start requirements (you can find all needed info's in our stickied threads and also in the chivalry folder).

If all is correct, then such a error-message is impossible, and everything will work very smooth.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I found the problem. The extractor I was useing was cutting files out. Changeing the extractor fixed everything.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Forsworn View Post
    I found the problem. The extractor I was useing was cutting files out. Changeing the extractor fixed everything.
    Ups, i would instantly trash such an extractor

whenever i try to install the patch to bring BI up to 1.6 it says " BI.exe " not found. yet im sure i have it installed since i just started it up and played it for awhile.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Brad12 View Post
    whenever i try to install the patch to bring BI up to 1.6 it says " BI.exe " not found. yet im sure i have it installed since i just started it up and played it for awhile.
    Read the 1st post, then you eventually know more.

Btw., you have installed BI 1.6, if you can find the entry "1.6" (on the screen, right top corner) under the menu Options, no matter if in BI vanilla or with a mod installed!

(And another option: maybe you try to start BI without the BI cd/dvd inserted?)

Normally this thread is exclusively for Chivalry issues alone

i finally found what im supposed to do but uh........ when i go to the properties and add the -BI to the shortcut like the instructions say it says " The name [followed by the path ive typed in] specified in the target box is not valid." sorry for bothering u again.

BNS's Avatar ...

Well this is what i have for my bi target shortcut, it has more crap than it needs but it works........

"C:\Program Files\Activision\rome - total war\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry -movie_cam-ne

Just copy/paste

that didnt work either. im gonna unistall BI, along with chivilary and go through the whole process again.

EDIT: yeah i dont think i had BI installed right. it said i hadnt used BI since 07 so somethigns wrong there.

double edit : nope still same problem. gonna have a friend whos good with this kinda stuff take a look at it. see if he can work it out.

edit edit edit: couldnt do anything with it. is there a way someone could send me a copy of there shortcut?
    Last edited by Brad12; May 20, 2008 at 05:11 PM.

Patrician Artifex

Check out the first post of this thread together with you friend.

- Install RTW/BI 1.6, check if it plays correctly.
    - Then install Chivalry.
    - Then provide the shortcut and play.

Note: For the default path, the shortcut is included in the chivalry folder, so you would have to copy it only to your desktop, and start. Everything is described clearly in the respective threads (DL thread, Install thread and also in the dl file itself).

K read the first post on this thread and followed it. So i have the mods folder in Activision Rtw rather than creative assembly like the post said. so now my paths are default as follows : "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry and "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War" . Now when i add the required -BI to the top line so it looks like this : "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry. When i enter this and hit OK on the properties tab it tells me what i have entered is not valid. Im probably doing something stupid and is easily correctable but thanks in advanced.

Patrician Artifex

Obviously you don't read the first post entirely.

There are two main paths: one under Activision (the old original CD installation), and second one under The Creative Assembly (since their Gold and Era's Pack at least).

You should know what your RTW(-BI) install path is, and where the location is, ie. hd partition C or E or F, and if there is another folder ie. Games or something, where you install all your games. RTW usually installs as default into C under the described paths, if you let the default path of the RTW installer do what it wants!

Shortcut:

Of course the shortcut must be able to find the install-path! Without this it cannot function.

So this, only as default example "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War" (second line), must be your install path.
    The shortcut itself proceeds via the first line path, then in this case "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry
    ... now you can play Chiv with RTW 1.5 installed.
    To play it with BI 1.6 installed you must simply add the -BI:
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry
    ... for the exe to function with BI. If you get now an "error message" while takeover, then your install-path of RTW(-BI) is another that you inserted into the shortcut paths, that's all.

If you follow these simple instructions and your RTW 1.5 and/or BI 1.6 works, then there is no reason to not get Chivalry to work. Once more, you only need to know where your RTW-BI is located and then insert the correct paths into the shortcut ... of course if somebody has no idea where he installs his software, then it can be tricky
    (And you still haven't confirmed that your RTW and your BI works as it should ... this of course is the main requirement)
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 21, 2008 at 09:24 PM.

like i said im terrible at this stuff. ill be sure to try that stuff after i get home today.thanks for ur patience. btw i do have BI up to version 1.6 if thats what ur asking.

edit: finally got it. great mod man. playing as sicily i united sicily under one banner and im nearing complete control of italy.
    Last edited by Brad12; May 22, 2008 at 08:59 PM.

I think I did everything right, installed it to use it with BI and I have patch 1.6. When I double-click the shortcut, the game launches, I can see the opening image of the shadow of a knight, but after a few seconds, the game crashes and I return to my windows screen.

Any thoughts what I'm doing wrong?

Patrician Artifex

No clue along your description. There must be something wrong in the shortcut path or the basic installation isn't correct. Just check everything again (ie. RTW/BI 1.6 directory unmodified?).
    You could also copy/paste your shortcut path here (both lines), and your install path as well.

I do have other mods in my R:TW folder, could that be it?

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-BI.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War"

I re-installed BI, patched it up and still nothing. The path is correct. C:\Program files\Activition\Rome - Total War

Patrician Artifex

I do have other mods in my R:TW folder, could that be it?
    Yes, if they aren't modfoldered, and if they change the original RTW/BI data.