Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 1] Chivalry TW: Installation&Start Issues (Read First Post)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Install + Start Issues - Plus Added General Install Info

Yep, somebody must remind to change the AI character of Byzantium before v1.0 is out at least, they are mainly that weak, 'cause they spend all their rare money for ships ... idiots
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

can i change their character?
    Blut und Boden

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Aetius View Post
    can i change their character?
    Of course you can ... it's in descr_strat just per faction. It is easy to change, but one must know which AI character has which affects ... but the impact of AI character is not very decisive ... perhaps it is possible to let them recruit a bit less ships (i guess though that the ownership of isles has a higher cause).

I recommend, do a search for modding AI characters on twc or on org to learn more of ai characters in RTW.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

icydawgfish's Avatar Campidoctor

I cannot play this mod because the instructions on editing the short cut don't make any sense to me. I am running RTW Gold. So can someone give me a step by step on how to edit the shortcut to the correct path as when I try to do it, it says the path doesn't exist or something like that.

BNS's Avatar ...

I cannot play this mod because the instructions on editing the short cut don't make any sense to me. I am running RTW Gold. So can someone give me a step by step on how to edit the shortcut to the correct path as when I try to do it, it says the path doesn't exist or something like that.
    some other guy had the same problem, look here...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98499

Thanks Brian for this link, everybody with this issue should link to this thread to solve this problem. I recently changed the thread title to a generic one /DV
    Last edited by DaVinci; May 23, 2007 at 12:10 AM.

I have problem: Theres's no Chivalry folder in the Rome directory (after installing)

BNS's Avatar ...

are you using the original rtw patched to 1.5 or rtw gold edition ?

if you have gold please check out this thread

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=98499

and welcome to the forums

thanks^^

i'm using the original rtw

my problem isn't solved yet!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by cell View Post
    I have problem: Theres's no Chivalry folder in the Rome directory (after installing)
    Sorry, but if you have the english default RTW directory and have pointed the 0.95 installer-exe to it, then there must be a chivalry folder after the installation-procedere, no other option possible. Same with every other RTW directory, if you point the installer to this (customised or other language version directory's) target.
    Otherwise, just an operator error (that means, yours).
    Try it anew, is my only recommendation.
    (Eventually check out any stickied info-topic to find more help and a overview, what's all about with installation-things, if you are a newbie in mod-installations).

Civitate

Ok, when I try to play Chiv, RTW keeps on loading up. This is whats in the shortcut;
    "C:\Program Files\Chiv TW\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry

My install directory for vannila RTW unmodded 1.5 was "C:\Program Files\Chiv TW

Then when I install Chiv, the installer comes up with "C:\Program Files\Chiv TW/rome - total war

So, any help?
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Ok, when I try to play Chiv, RTW keeps on loading up. This is whats in the shortcut;
    "C:\Program Files\Chiv TW\RomeTW.exe" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry

My install directory for vannila RTW unmodded 1.5 was "C:\Program Files\Chiv TW

Then when I install Chiv, the installer comes up with "C:\Program Files\Chiv TW/rome - total war

So, any help?
    If you have RTW 1.5 within the folder calling ChivTW as you above said, then you must install the chivalry mod folder naturally also into this folder, so this install-path C:\Program Files\Chiv TW/rome - total war won't work! but this will work: C:\Program Files\Chiv TW

The shortcut-path above looks then okay.

Eventually look into the first post, there is everything explained, but only for the default directory structures.

Default Re: Install + Start Issues - Read First Post

Ok I need some help and im sure you guys are pretty tired of hearing it too so srry ahead of time. Ok i have installed a fresh romoe and fresh barbarian invasion which both came for the gold thing and ive donloaded everything and installed it but now it keep telling me to change my directory and ive tried doing what it says in the instructions and it still tell me the same thing can someone put it into "man i really suck at computers" language sos i could be able to play this game.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by The Green Knight View Post
    Ok I need some help and im sure you guys are pretty tired of hearing it too so srry ahead of time. Ok i have installed a fresh romoe and fresh barbarian invasion which both came for the gold thing and ive donloaded everything and installed it but now it keep telling me to change my directory and ive tried doing what it says in the instructions and it still tell me the same thing can someone put it into "man i really suck at computers" language sos i could be able to play this game.
    Welcome, hmm, please check out everything what is described in post 1 here. After this and if you have then tried the installation again, and it won't work, come back, and describe the problem as detailled as you can
    (it is worth the time to try and learn by yourself, just how the whole thing with versions of RTW and directory paths etc. works, as you will always have these things again, if you install any mods ... as well it helps to understand how Windows or any software etc. works overall).

One point, perhaps you have a problem only with opening the shortcut, this is by simply a right-click on this shortcut to get the path lines which you can edit then, you can also copy and paiste the paths which i wrote in the first thread here, if they fit to your install-directory.

Thank ya i figured it out i was useing the wrong folder and ive started a game with denmark very nice game guys

hi guys i would like to know if u could use the citadel total war units to develop the high era of the chivalry mod their units are great but they dont have campaign.
    for more information click here : http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=87

Default Uninstall Question

I have more of an uninstall question. I have ChivTW .95 with hotfix 2 on RTW Gold edition 1.5. Would uninstalling my BI 1.6 have any effect on my Chiv? Because with my vanilla RTW, it says that i need to re-install RTW after uninstalling BI. Thanks fo any help!

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Uninstall Question

Quote Originally Posted by sephirotharg View Post
    I have more of an uninstall question. I have ChivTW .95 with hotfix 2 on RTW Gold edition 1.5. Would uninstalling my BI 1.6 have any effect on my Chiv? Because with my vanilla RTW, it says that i need to re-install RTW after uninstalling BI. Thanks fo any help!
    Normally it has no effect, but why should you uninstall BI 1.6? You can play as well on BI, and look into the main mod info topic, and especially also into the first post here to get a first overview about RTW/BI versions in general and according to Chiv, there is a lot info.
    However, i would reinstall BI 1.6 if i were you, if you have it already uninstalled.

well, NOT HAVING BI 1.6 installed and playing CTW on RTW 1.5 should cause no problems... however, I think it is impossible to uninstall BI 1.6 without uninstalling RTW as well. I have tried to before... and the uninstall program goes on to uninstall your entire game... so unless you know how to do it manually (which I don't, and I would not recommend), then you might as well reinstall your entire game if you plan on uninstalling just BI.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

I want to uninstall my BI 1.6 because i have FATW:TNS over my BI, and i'm not really liking it. And the way I uninstall is I go to add or remove programs and just uninstall BI. I was just wondering if my ChivTW would work w/o my BI, because i dont know how to uninstall only FATW.