Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 1] Chivalry TW: Installation&Start Issues (Read First Post)

BNS's Avatar ...

Default Re: Install + Start Issues

I made a little mistake basicly i sold my copy of rtw got the no-cd crack and all was well but then i installed ctw in th ewrong directory unwittingly i moved all the files into c/blahblahblah/rtw and overwrote all the files and now as i no longer posses the original files what can i do? please help
    well geting rtw bootleg was your first mistake, i cant help you as i dont know how that crack rtw thing works, plus its illegal in the first place

you can buy a copy of RTW and reinstall it, and then reinstall CTW in the correct directory.

BTW, doing what you did is the same as renting a movie, copying it, and taking it back to the video store, which is illegal, so I woulnt talk about it here any longer if I were you.
    Last edited by drak10687; February 22, 2007 at 03:58 PM.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

@tyrone

I'll give you time until tomorrow to changing your thread no. 63 above into a proper one, otherwise i'll remove it completely, and i guess, you can think by yourself that you cannot expect further support on this base.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

I've removed it anyway, not having that behavior at TWC...

*steps out again*

Hi,

Sorry to be a pest. Have installed everything correctly but only get half a screen display. Have tried everything re resolutions etc. I guess this will be something simple as the game definitely works. Any suggestions???

hmm, what do you mean?
    A. you cant change your game resolution, in the game options higher?
    or
    B. you litterarly only have the game on HALF of your monitor?

if A, then this is the prefferences issue probably. find the prefferenences.txt in chivalry/data/prefferences/, open it, find the campaign and battle resolutions, and change them to that of your monitor, you might also want to change the MAX resolutions if you wish.

if B, then it sounds like a hardware/driver problem, a wierd one that I have never seen. Or you somehow made the game play in windowed mode.

Anyways, if its not A, then you need to better describe your situation.
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

Hi,

Its the weird one (B), I litteraly only have half the game displayed in a sort of elongated "wide screen" format. I never altered any settings when installing.
    Last edited by Herodotus1234; March 01, 2007 at 09:26 AM. Reason: spelling

BNS's Avatar ...

^ sounds odd, can you take a screen shot for us ?

Patrician Artifex

Welcome Herodotus, i recommend check the preferences resolution settings first, as Drak said already.

Open RTW/chivalry/preferences/preferences.txt ... go for the lines "resolution, and change them to your settings, that can be matched by your video-card or respectively your monitor. And as you're speaking of wide-screen, just check the settings regarding this mode within the options and/or preferences as well.

If that fails, you have to check your hardware. But unfortunately, in this case it wouldn't have to do with the Chivalry-Installation, and here is not a general support for hardware tech-issues. What you describe, i tip on a video-driver-problem as well. And, do you have directx9.0c installed?

I recommend, take support by your pc-provider or other general tech-support sources, here on TWC, or wherever.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

i just installed it but when i start the shorcut, it displays RomeTW's very beginning screen, then immediately crashes. The properties has
    "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\RomeTW.EXE" -show_err -nm -mod:chivalry

"C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War"

My directory is in the default directory and corresponds with the address above.

I captured some image of my directory.

Last edited by rocketllamafootie; March 02, 2007 at 09:03 PM.

hmm, I don't see anything evidently wrong with what you have shown, but:
    1st. Do you know that v0.90 is out now?
    2nd. Does your RTW work?
    3rd. Is your RTW patched to 1.5?

If all of the above is a yes, then simply try deleting the Chivalry folder, and reinstalling the mod.
    If that does not help, it seems that simply reinstalling RTW most often does the trick, but I strongly recommend that you leave that as a last resort, unless you really like doing it, and you've done it before.

Consilium Belli member

Patrician Artifex

Hm, as well i can't see anything wrong done.

And you copied the contained shortcut to your desktop, and've provided the paths within it, yes?
    Only, why is your RTW.exe written in RTW.EXE? (capital letters, but i cannot imagine, that this can do any wrong things).
    I propose, delete the chivalry folde manual, and dl/install the 0.90 version, there, the default RTW path is already included in the setup and the contained shortcut.
    Naturally, you need RTW patched to 1.5.

Default Re: Install + Start Issues - plus added install info -

could someone do a step by step for me on patching to .60 from .50, i cant seem to get it to work

why .60 and not .90 ???
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

probably because he got it off the website, which is ofcourse outdated...

so yes, just DL version .90 and the hotfix, delete/move/rename your current CTW folder, and instal .90 followed by the hotfix...

Consilium Belli member

BNS's Avatar ...

could someone do a step by step for me on patching to .60 from .50, i cant seem to get it to work
    oh, dont worry about .60 just download version .90, its a stand alone version so all you need to do is remove the previous .50 chivalry folder and install .90... also there is a .90 hotfix out which fixes a few discovered bugs dl that too and install it onto your .90 patch.....

edit: seems Drak posted first while i was writing ( t.v distracted me )
    anyways like he said dont go to the wedsite, currently we have no one to update it, always check the forums for the latest patches
    Last edited by BNS; April 11, 2007 at 08:31 PM.

Default Re: Install + Start Issues - Plus Added General Install Info

Okay, I have extensively looked for someone else reproting this problem (if it is one), I just might have missed it somewhere, but anyway, the problem:

Everything is installed and apparently starts fine, but when I click on Single Player (on the first screen), I get something like:

Introduciton

Custom Battle

and so on. Highlight over introduction says that if the other options are not available, click that and read the following text. So when I do that, a new dialog pops up saying: select something from the list, except there is no list, just an OK button. Highlighting over the dots, I get something like "MODE NOT TESTED" in the bottom of the screen.

Anyhow, clicking on the first "dot" takes me to the campaign mode faction selection window, but when I do select one and proceed, I get a CTD.

Am I being terribly stupid somewhere? :p

Edit: I have Eras package, so RTW/BI are 1.5/1.6 (I checked). The folder which chivalry is in is unmodded, but there are several other folders outside (in The Creative Assembly folder) with different mods in them (though I don't see how and if should that affect it)
    Last edited by talin_; May 16, 2007 at 05:35 PM.

Sorry, I was being terribly stupid afterall. There is indeed a Campaign link just to the bottom and it does work properly.

But at least it made me register a forum account :o

BNS's Avatar ...

^ well then welcome to twc, lol

Aetius's Avatar Vae victis

Great game. No real technical issues here. One problem the Byzantines are way too weak in campaign and mass fleets. Otherwise good mod.
    Blut und Boden