Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 1] Chivalry TW: Installation&Start Issues (Read First Post)

Default Re: Install + Start Issues

argh!!!!!!!! im a dumb ass when it comes to this lol this is hthe only mod that has install prob=cheesy start up
    Last edited by rageallday; December 24, 2006 at 08:16 AM.
    to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

Icon4 Re: Install + Start Issues

Would I be able to mod the RTW files after the Chivalry mod is installed? Before, I had the infinite ammo, moral mod and had to replace the RTW prefences file so it would work.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Quote Originally Posted by visualchaosfx View Post
    Would I be able to mod the RTW files after the Chivalry mod is installed? Before, I had the infinite ammo, moral mod and had to replace the RTW prefences file so it would work.
    Welcome. You cannot mod* the RTW data files to run Chiv proper, but you can mod the preferences after your choice.

*not with other foreign RTW-mods.

To run a modification that changes the RTW data files you'll need to have multiple RTW directories.

But, you can run Chivalry, and all other modifications parallel in one RTW directory, that do not touch the RTW data files due to the CA "-mod" funtionality (or just mods that do not change relevant files within the original RTW data folder). There are some of that kind released, ie. Chivalry (RTW 1.5), TFT (RTW 1.5), EB (RTW 1.5), FATW (BI 1.6), which comes to my mind.
    Last edited by DaVinci; January 16, 2007 at 09:27 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    Welcome. You cannot mod* the RTW data files to run Chiv proper, but you can mod the preferences after your choice.

*not with other foreign RTW-mods.

To run a modification that changes the RTW data files you'll need to have multiple RTW directories.

But, you can run Chivalry, and all other modifications parallel in one RTW directory, that do not touch the RTW data files due to the CA "-mod" funtionality (or just mods that do not change relevant files within the original RTW data folder). There are some of that kind released, ie. Chivalry (RTW 1.5), TFT (RTW 1.5), EB (RTW 1.5), FATW (BI 1.6), which comes to my mind.
    Oh ok. I really enjoy this mod. You and your crew did a very good job. What is the name of the file so that I can read through what cities, towns, whatever that are included in the game?

Patrician Artifex

Oh ok. I really enjoy this mod. You and your crew did a very good job. What is the name of the file so that I can read through what cities, towns, whatever that are included in the game?
    What shall this mean, actually i don't understand ... maybe you mean the textfolder-file regions_and_settlement?
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    What shall this mean, actually i don't understand ... maybe you mean the textfolder-file regions_and_settlement?
    Yeah I found the file. See what I tend to do in the beginning of any Total War game is build up my capital city via using the cheat console. I set the population and I go through and construct all buildings in the construction queue using the process_cq cheat.

I'm playing the Holy Roman Empire and my capital city is Madgeburg. I've got some buildings in the construction queue that I want to build right away instead of waiting for it to be completed on the next turn. But whenever I enter the console cheat, I get a "Settlement not found" error. But if I go and do the samething in the town of Slesvig the process_cq cheat works. I only need to use this on my capital city. Thats why I needed to know where the settlement files are so I can make sure I got the correct name for the settlement and it appears I do but the cheat won't work on settlement name Madgeburg.

Patrician Artifex

Yeah I found the file. See what I tend to do in the beginning of any Total War game is build up my capital city via using the cheat console. I set the population and I go through and construct all buildings in the construction queue using the process_cq cheat.

I'm playing the Holy Roman Empire and my capital city is Madgeburg. I've got some buildings in the construction queue that I want to build right away instead of waiting for it to be completed on the next turn. But whenever I enter the console cheat, I get a "Settlement not found" error. But if I go and do the samething in the town of Slesvig the process_cq cheat works. I only need to use this on my capital city. Thats why I needed to know where the settlement files are so I can make sure I got the correct name for the settlement and it appears I do but the cheat won't work on settlement name Madgeburg.
    I don't know anything about this cheat ... all i can say is that Magdeburg is the capital by default of HRE.
    And if you wanna change/mod the start-buildings of this settlement, you have to delete map.rwm and then just add the buildings you want to have, in the file descr_strat.txt. find these files in the world folder.

The Black Reaper's Avatar Hell's Gate

the cheat code is add_population (City Name) (amount of population you want to add)

oh **** and srry DaVinci that i did not do any work on the unit cards... so srry... my comp overheated and i lost a lot of my stuff even 3ds Max...

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 @ 4.0 GHz | CPU Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212 + | Mobo: Asus m4a79xtd evo
    Ram: Corsair XMS3 2x4GB DDR3 1333 MHz | PSU: Antec Truepower 650W | GPU: Evga Geforce GTX 580

Under the Patronage of the Honorable Nicholas Rush

Sorry for a really basic question, but I have Extended Greek Mod installed atm and would like to keep it and install Chivalry as well (XGM allows me to still play the unmodded vanilla game). Is there any conflict between the mods or can I just get on and install CTW safely without corrupting XGM?

Thanks

well, if the XGM mod works in a seprate folder and does not make changes to the vanilla folder, neither does CTW, so you should be able to have both installed and working in the smae RTW folder. I have both N2TW and CTW in the same folder, and it works fine. I have never used the XGM mod though, so I cant tell you for sure.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

Patrician Artifex

Well, yes, it should be possible without any hassle, if RTW/BI is actually unmodified.

As long the so-called "-mod:my mod" install/mod doesn't deal (changes) with important vanilla data, you can run them parallel in your original RTW directory, and you can play RTW or BI .

There can be for example (i tested them):

- Chivalry (run it with RTW-exe or BI-exe)
    - XGM (don't know, not tested by me)
    - TFT (with RTW-exe)
    - FATW (with BI-exe)
    - N2TW (don't know, not tested by me)
    - Europa Barbaorum (with RTW-exe)
    - ... should be more ...

Cheers guys - I will give it a go this weekend

Patrician Artifex

Maybe wait a bit ... Chiv version 1.0 is not far away from the release

well, if he has allready downloaded it, then he might as well go for it. All he has to do is delete the folder to uninstall the mod. Plus, we dont really know how far "not far" really is.
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by drak10687 View Post
    well, if he has allready downloaded it, then he might as well go for it. All he has to do is delete the folder to uninstall the mod. Plus, we dont really know how far "not far" really is.
    Lol, the snowstorm has frozen your last three braincells
    Serious: Yes you are right, if he has downloaded already.

I recently posted us info in the dev forum to this point 'release 1.0'.
    If i say not far, then it is not far away. Actually, i'll upload on sunday, tomorrow, probable, as i see no significant thing to hold it longer back from a public release. But i have to read still the recent internal posts.
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 17, 2007 at 01:01 AM.

hmm, i see. well, I`ll answer this in the dev forum.

Consilium Belli member

Basicly i installed ctw but decided i would rather play rtw with the all factions allowed mod so i uninstalled ctw and now when i start rtw it comes up with ctw but crashes (the game not the computer) plz help.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by tyrone66 View Post
    Basicly i installed ctw but decided i would rather play rtw with the all factions allowed mod so i uninstalled ctw and now when i start rtw it comes up with ctw but crashes (the game not the computer) plz help.
    That isn't possible normally, if you've installed Chiv correct, as it has its own mod folder in the RTW folder, and doesn't merge with any original RTW files. Which Chiv-version do you talk about?

Un-installation of Chiv:
    Go into the RTW location, and delete the chivalry folder manually.

I rather guess, you couldn't load/start Chivalry proper in this case prior to this event, as there might be an install-mistake, or did it work proper with your Chiv installation? And maybe you ahven't used the chiv-shortcut that came up with the chiv-folder, and you have used instead the RTW shortcut for the path-editing ... only my rough assumptions that could provoke such probs that you described.
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 19, 2007 at 12:51 PM.

also, when you had CTW installed, you should have been able to paly RTW fine. I am not sure what the "all factions mod" changes, but if it does nothing more than make all the factions playable, I think that you should have been able to use it as well while CTW was installed. So like DV said, if you could not play RTW vanilla with CTW installed, then you have done something wrong.

Consilium Belli member

Icon11 Re: Install + Start Issues

I made a little mistake basicly i sold my copy of rtw got the no-cd crack and all was well but then i installed ctw in th ewrong directory unwittingly i moved all the files into c/blahblahblah/rtw and overwrote all the files and now as i no longer posses the original files what can i do? please help