Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [Help Desk 1] Chivalry TW: Installation&Start Issues (Read First Post)

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Install + Start issues v0.50

read again my post, mate, it is not directed to you espacially, it is actually my rant of today
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

When i click on the rtw shortcut i see the chivlary total war sign then i get an error for siege weapons and wen i click ok ..it says error creating siege outlines. please help

i tried it again and now it just crashes to my desktop!
    Last edited by The_Dark_Legion; October 25, 2006 at 07:49 AM.

Assyria Total War Leader and Skinner
    My Coin Collection (still need to upload a lot more)

+rep if you like my post and put down your name so I can return the favor
    Join the group "Hummus Lovers" if you happen to love hummus, duh!

someone please help ...i cant wait to play the mod!

you should not click on the RTW shortcut, you should click on the CTW shortcut. Your RTW data folder is unaltered by our mod, so you RTW should be vanilla. If clicking on the RTW shortcut the chivalry logo pops us, then you have incorectly installed the mod.

You need a clean RTW 1.5 or BI 1.6. then you install the mod into your RTW directory, the installed automatically adds a folder named "chivalry" which goes in your RTW directory (ie Activision/Rome - total war/chivalry) All the mod files are located in that chivalry folder. All you have to do then, is copy the shortcut located in the chivalry folder and paste it to your desktop. If you RTW directory is the default one, then there are no changes to be made, if your RTW is located in another directory, you need to change the target line of the shortcut accordingly.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

that is weird...i dont have any ctw icon besides the uninstall and set up icon.

C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\chivalry\Hints 1 - CTW Start Shortcut

do you not have that folder in your chivalry folder? Inisde is the shortcut, and set-up instructions. The actual shortcut will not have an icon, because thats for you to choose from the CTW_icons folder.
    Chivalry - Total War I Settlement Plans and Buildings Dev...
    and Public Relations person, pm me with any specific questions concerning the mod...

Consilium Belli member

under the patronage of Sétanta

thanks its working anyways...but how do i change it from early to high??? i checked the select area. all i see is early period campaign. help

Matthæus's Avatar Knez Bribirski

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dark_Legion
    thanks its working anyways...but how do i change it from early to high??? i checked the select area. all i see is early period campaign. help
    there is no high period in this release,
    this is not finished version, only early period for now. other periods will be released later when they are complete.

Civitate

Ok, so when I load up I get this message "Generic Error; could not read the file "descr_battle_map_lighting_and_fog""
    Under the patronage of Rhah and brother of eventhorizen.

Default Re: Install + Start Issues

When I start it it goes to the splash screen then a error saying script error data/data/export_descr_sound_stratmap.txt unreconized culture carthage.
    Please help as it seems like a very fun mod

Patrician Artifex

You are welcome. It sounds like that you have not installed correct. Hopefully you have used an unmodified RTW!

Check out if you have a unique folder called 'chivalry' in your RTW 1.5 (or BI 1.6) directory. However inform yourself once more with the Readme/FAQ etc., and important with the hints that are contained in the release posts.

If you have provided a proper base (unmodded RTW) and a unique chivalry folder within this directory, then eventually you have to delete the chivalry folder manually, and then start one more the setup, and follow the instructions to the word ... then it should work.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Elohim's Avatar Civis

Um, I can't get the 0.60 patch to stick??

Can you give me precise instructions as to where to start it? My Rome folder is
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War
    Multiple exclamation marks are the sign of diseased mind!!!

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Elohim View Post
    Um, I can't get the 0.60 patch to stick??

Can you give me precise instructions as to where to start it? My Rome folder is
    C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome - Total War
    I just answered in the 0.60-release thread to you regarding the 0.60 installation.
    What do you want to know here? I didn't catch it.

I thought that i've understood, that you have a running 0.50 installation.

If you talk about the gamestart-shortcut, then i can only say, use the same that you used for the 0.50 version (the one on your desktop, it's just the same thing as before ) ... 0.60 is only a file-update for 0.50 in the data folder of the chivalry folder.

Btw., you must have still the other extra help readme's contained in your chivalry folder: ie. the help-readme for the start-shortcut.

If this doesn't help, then tell us please detailed, what the problem is, as i unfortunately don't understand.
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 16, 2006 at 04:54 PM.

Elohim's Avatar Civis

Well, I did install it, but it made a separate folder inside my existing chivalry folder, also called chivalry.

It arrived, but didn't become part of the game.

I was wondering if I directed it slightly wrongly.
    Multiple exclamation marks are the sign of diseased mind!!!

I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.

warluster's Avatar Miles

I downloaded my CTW, went good, installed, all good... and then, I went into the Chivalry Folder, pressed the shortcut, the RTW logo comes up. It goes all black and the crashes back to the desktop. Help! I am right now trying to re-install the mod and RTW, I have Gold Edition as well.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Elohim View Post
    Well, I did install it, but it made a separate folder inside my existing chivalry folder, also called chivalry.

It arrived, but didn't become part of the game.

I was wondering if I directed it slightly wrongly.
    Not slightly wrong, but 100% wrong. naturally a chivalry folder within the chivalry folder won't patch the game
    Possible solution for such cases: Cut out the chivalry 0.60 or 0.65 folder and paste it into the RTW directory, overwrite the already installed chiv folder 0.50 (or whatever version) chivalry folder. Then it should be installed just manually by you.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by warluster View Post
    I downloaded my CTW, went good, installed, all good... and then, I went into the Chivalry Folder, pressed the shortcut, the RTW logo comes up. It goes all black and the crashes back to the desktop. Help! I am right now trying to re-install the mod and RTW, I have Gold Edition as well.
    Don't know what to say atm. to this report :hmmm: Are you sure you have the right path in your chiv-shortcut?

long story short i download chivalry total war i click on the game shortcut i get the drive or network connection that the shortcut ctw o.50 refers to is unavailable make sure that the disc is poperly inserted or the network resource is available help!!!!!!!!!
    to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

the startup button leads no were!
    to catch a fish,so juicy sweeeeeet

Patrician Artifex

Read careful the installation-instructions, and follow them strictly, then everything works like it is supposed.