Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate General: Gettysburg

Default Re: Ultimate General: Gettysburg

The price will be around 7.5 euros (10$). This is something I appreciate !
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

skypoq's Avatar Foederatus

When it will be released??

UselessPoster's Avatar Semisalis

The game looks amazing I hope it makes plenty of sales this could be the start of a good series. Things people have mentioned are the lack of unit cards and custom battles.
    Q2 2015 ...

Time to go on a killing spree in HATRED .

Well its only based on one battle so there is probably a reason there isnt custom battles. The game will be short, that whys its 10 bucks. You fight through all sections of the battles with your men being saved from last time and you will probably get through the game within 3-4 hours. You get replay value from the ai, and trying different stratigies eachtime to see how you can win the battle differently. Thats why you wont see custom battles. Cards arnt nessary since the maps arnt huge and its easier to just click on a unit and order it dirrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔The Black Knight♔ View Post
    Well its only based on one battle so there is probably a reason there isnt custom battles. The game will be short, that whys its 10 bucks. You fight through all sections of the battles with your men being saved from last time and you will probably get through the game within 3-4 hours. You get replay value from the ai, and trying different stratigies eachtime to see how you can win the battle differently. Thats why you wont see custom battles. Cards arnt nessary since the maps arnt huge and its easier to just click on a unit and order it dirrectly.
    If this game sells well and makes enough sales i hope the team behind the game make another title in the napoleonic wars and hopefully that will have custom battles and the choice to choose your troops etc.

Personally im going to buy this game anyway even though i will be bored of it within a day probably. But i want to see the team behind the game progress with the series in the future.

I think the best time period for the next game should be napoleonic or time period like empire total war.
    Last edited by UselessPoster; June 09, 2014 at 07:02 AM.
    Q2 2015 ...

New update, its coming out tomorrow. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...718/1402331301

New update, its coming out tomorrow. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...718/1402331301
    Will purchase ASAP once released. Can you burn the game onto a disk once purchased is it DRM free or do you have to use steam because a game like this would potentially makes more sales if DRM free considering GOG have DRM free selection they are one of the best sites i love to burn my games to CD it just makes sense IMHO you casn take it anywhere you want.

Cheers.
    Q2 2015 ...

Hello everyone!
    Thank you for the interest for my game. I would like to clarify that 1st Early Access release has 80 Custom Battles that you unlock as you play the multi-day campaign battle. And these will become more because we will include possibility to continue the battle up to the 4th day.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Thank you for the interest for my game. I would like to clarify that 1st Early Access release has 80 Custom Battles that you unlock as you play the multi-day campaign battle. And these will become more because we will include possibility to continue the battle up to the 4th day.
    Great i hope the game makes a lot of sales. Custom battles is important to me as i like to make my own battles and selecvt my own troops but i fully understand this is the first game in the series and thus things like that will eventually appear in the future.
    Q2 2015 ...

Holy crap Ive been waiting for this game. This has def. come as a surprise. While I love the price, I'll unfortunately have to wait just a bit longer to get it I think (unless I go a day without eating...which im seriously considering). Congrats Darth on the (early access) release. I wish you good luck/good sales.
    Any Veterans of the Afghanistan/Iraq wars join my group. Im trying to get a Veterans group started on here.

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Hello everyone!
    Thats a pleasant surprise. Thanks, that will help the replay value as well.

Like I said before, I will buy it. Even though its still early, i owe it to you for all the time i put into your mods for empire and napoleon. Hope it turns out well for you guys!

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

can we set up our own skirmish battle (like in TW games)

*Deep breath* I'm so hyped right now!

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Custom battles at first load only the armies in fixed or randomised positions and condition.
    Multiplayer will certainly need to make this system more complicated and according to user feedback we will implement what is most required.
    Thank you all for the positive energy!

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

Congrats on the release.

The AI is fantastic. All I have to say. The 9 settings is brilliant and really does have a noticeable effect on them.

Excellent release indeed! Thank you, the AI is relentless.
    Your reality sir, is lies and balderdash, and I'm happy to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever!

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The AI is absolutely brutal, Darth.

I love it. It feels like a real struggle.

If this is successful, I hope to see you adapt it to Antietam and some of the other battles.
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I hope in the future you make a new game hopefully napoleonic era. Though a WW1 game would be facinating and the way your game plays it would suit it very well.
    Q2 2015 ...

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

Just purchased...looking forward to this!

Its brilliant! Love it especially because the experience is so different from Take Command. And the graphics is unique in its beauty. But still, I am finding the pace extremely fast, which gives the game a faux-twitchy, arcady feel, which is not desirable. Just give an option to slow everything down.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast