Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ultimate General: Gettysburg

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Default Ultimate General: Gettysburg

Hey just want to open a thread for UGG.Hey is the beta gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_b2xJ_t-VU

It got a great artistic design, and what I so far get about the campaign, is your actions matters, as in Moral, unit size and so on.
    I'm abit hyped about the game, But can't Help to wonder what the prize tag will be.

webside:http://www.ultimategeneral.com/
    Last edited by Karnil Vark Khaitan; March 30, 2014 at 05:54 AM.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Default Re: Ultimate General: Gettysburg

Thanks for opening. Just seen the post.
    Price will be modest but cannot say until we announce it officially.
    Ultimate General: Gettysburg will be releases as Early Access this April or Early May.
    Full release we target on June. Then we go for the final versions on tablets.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    Thanks for opening. Just seen the post.
    Price will be modest but cannot say until we announce it officially.
    Ultimate General: Gettysburg will be releases as Early Access this April or Early May.
    Full release we target on June. Then we go for the final versions on tablets.
    well that was a pleasant surprising good news.
    Sorry To ask, but what language are you guys programming it with?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

I will be buying this game, Thanks for the video. Darth are you going to make this game into a series? Or is this going to be a stepping stone to make something even more elaborate?

Loving the battles with so many tatical options and outcomes. Cant wait to fight that ai.
    Last edited by ♔The Black Knight♔; March 30, 2014 at 07:59 AM.

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

Your game looks superb and the strategy on the battlefield is highly intriguing. Having your own engine to work with really shows how you wanted the battles to feel and play like.
    I look forward to finding out more.
    Are you by chance going to hold any event or presentation somewhere in Athens?

Good luck to you and the team!
    Last edited by Akhenaton; March 30, 2014 at 05:43 PM.

Is it possible to zoom in and how close ? Because the camera seems a bit far for tablet gameplay since the screens are quite little. I really want to play it ;-)
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please make a FP announcement when it's out. I tend to forget things.

~Wille
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

TheDarkKnight's Avatar Compliance will be rewarded
    Moderator Emeritus Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Darth, words cannot describe how much I am looking forward to this game.

Quick question...Will we be able to divide brigades into regiments?
    Things I trust more than American conservatives:

Drinks from Bill Cosby, Flint Michigan tap water, Plane rides from Al Qaeda, Anything on the menu at Chipotle, Medical procedures from Mengele

I kind of hope the beta video is in something like a fast-forward mode. A bit too fast paced for my taste. Regardless, it looks tactical and I am sold

But cheers to you, for the short early access duration. I hate those "early-access forever" projects.
    Last edited by prithupaul; March 30, 2014 at 07:28 PM.

IlluminatiRex's Avatar Are you on the square?
    Citizen

Blog Entries

Looking forward to this
    I am the author of the "Weaker Towers" and "Officers Of" series of mods for Total War: Warhammer!
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Holmes
    One of the problems with trying to write about the First World War is that most people have already read Wilfred Owen and Siegfried Sassoon, Pat Barker and Sebastian Faulks before you get to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Fisher
    Can the Army win the war before the Navy loses it?

Thank you all for the interest. Current unconfirmed release plan is End of April/Early May. We will announce release schedul asap.
    I answer to some questions below:

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    Is it possible to zoom in and how close ? Because the camera seems a bit far for tablet gameplay since the screens are quite little. I really want to play it ;-)
    You will be able to zoom in/out enough for close up action and detailed battlefield reconnaissance. Tablets are special case and we may have to limit a bit the zoom out because in small screens soldiers may not too well visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    Darth, words cannot describe how much I am looking forward to this game.

Quick question...Will we be able to divide brigades into regiments?
    Thanks! No but some brigades will have detached regiments in game to simulate some special cases.

Quote Originally Posted by ♔The Black Knight♔ View Post
    I will be buying this game, Thanks for the video. Darth are you going to make this game into a series? Or is this going to be a stepping stone to make something even more elaborate?

Loving the battles with so many tatical options and outcomes. Cant wait to fight that ai.
    We wanted to provide a sincere, honest outlook of how the game is played instead of shiny trailers. I am very happy from the very good reception the video had and considering that it is beta and inferior to newer builds it is encouraging that we actually make the game as players would like.

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    well that was a pleasant surprising good news.
    Sorry To ask, but what language are you guys programming it with?
    Main language C# but we have code in XML and other script types.

Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post
    I kind of hope the beta video is in something like a fast-forward mode. A bit too fast paced for my taste. Regardless, it looks tactical and I am sold

But cheers to you, for the short early access duration. I hate those "early-access forever" projects.
    Final gameplay willl surely be better. I hope the best balance possible. Let's not forget that the soldiers are not realistically scaled comparing to map so to see someone walking ultra slow on the battlefield would be very bad looking.
    Gameplay will actually be not fast paced, but very strategic. We will show on a next video.

Thanks for the response. If I may ask one more thing - as its creator, how do you think it compares with Scourge of War / Take Command series?

It is a totally different game, more dynamic, more tactical and challenging I think with various unique features. Scourge of War is a good game but very different.

Akhenaton's Avatar Decanus

With this first project, Game Labs wishes to give birth to a new strategy brand that will gradually evolve and expand into different eras.

May we know some more ? .

Quote Originally Posted by Akhenaton View Post
    With this first project, Game Labs wishes to give birth to a new strategy brand that will gradually evolve and expand into different eras.
    May we know some more ? .
    I hope that means we can someday see Ultimate General : Austerlitz, or even bigger - Ultimate General : Napoleon. And if solmeday they expand the melee combat to incorporate other eras of warfare, then... o boy... (drools).

Quote Originally Posted by DARTH VADER View Post
    It is a totally different game, more dynamic, more tactical and challenging I think with various unique features. Scourge of War is a good game but very different.
    That can only be good. Looking forward to early access.

Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post
    I hope that means we can someday see Ultimate General : Austerlitz, or even bigger - Ultimate General : Napoleon. And if solmeday they expand the melee combat to incorporate other eras of warfare, then... o boy... (drools).

That can only be good. Looking forward to early access.
    Hopefully this evolves into a full campaign type series where we get the grand campaign of the civil war and tactical battles.

This reminds me, an awesome Napoleonic Wargame is struggling to get on Steam - Histwar : Austerlitz. Please upvote it on Greenlight

Diamat's Avatar VELUTI SI DEUS DARETUR

Looks fantastic. The AI should provide for a wonderful challenge each time and thus make each battle unique, instead of the repetitive battles you get with the AI in the TW series.

So whats happening with this? Eagerly waiting purse in hand!!

On steam yesturday they announced that they have submitted the last minute stuff up to steam and that it should be up for sale soon. My bet is within 2 weeks.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast