Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gods Of The Arena

Default Gods Of The Arena

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=232783594 - Steam link.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/i8...ator_levy.pack - Split download link (direct download)

THIS MOD ONLY INCLUDES THE ELITE & NEW FACTION UNITS.

Welcome to the Gods Of The Arena mod.

This mod adds a huge range of gladiator units to the roman faction (along with the Syracuse/Etruscan League - for Familia Romana compatability) all of these units have correct looking unit cards & are available in custom battle - additionally many have unique texture rekins.

If you enjoy don't forgot to upvote & thanks for reading - full mod details below.

Rome

Champions of Rome. (Hero swords unit 1 limit) - Recruitable at the top level arena.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Champions of Capua (Hero spear unit 1 limit) - Recruitable at the top level arena.

The Champions Of The Circus Maximus (1 limit) - Recruitable at the top level arena Circus Maximus

Gods Of The Arena - Recruitable at the top level arena (24 man unit, 1 limit)

Masters Of The Hunt (1 limit) - Recruitable at the top level arena.

Gladiator Bodyguard - Recruitable as General - very powerful but high upkeep to compensate, half unit size to reduce core shock capability.

Emperors Chosen - Recruitable at the top level arena (24 man unit, 1 limit)

Praetorians Of Mars - Recruitable at the top level arena (2 limit)

Praetorians Of Ceres - Recruitable at the top level arena (2 limit)
    - Same as mars but with horses... obviously
    Praetorian Hoplites - Recruitable at L3 & L4 capital city (4 limit)

Centurion Elite - Recruitable from L4 city (8 limit)

Hellenic & Rome/Italian Culture

Spartan Pit Fighters - Available for Hellenic (level 4 entertainment buildings & Rome)

Spartan Arena Champions (1 Limit) Hellenised bronze roman armour & gladiator helmets.

Archons Of Apollo - Available for Hellenic (level 4 entertainment buildings & Rome)

Xiphos Of Macedon - Available for Hellenic (level 4 entertainment buildings & Rome)

Spears Of Macedon - Available from level 3+ military buildings

Spartans

Spartans Of Laconia - Available for Spartans (level 4 entertainment buildings & gererals)

Archaic Panoplia Hoplite - Available from level 4 capital city. (credit to sesshoumaru10487 for the concept/idea)

Pride Of Sparta - Available from level 4 capital city. (Credit to PA360 for the torso section)

Swords Of Sparta - Available from level 3+ capital city & 2+ hoplite barracks.

Exalted spartans - Available from level 4 capital city. (Credit to PA360 for the torso section)

Iceni & Rome/Italian Culture

Warriors Of The North (1 Limit) Collected armour from around the globle, reskinned to match the Iceni - recruitable for Rome & Iceni (Level 4 city for Iceni, Level 4 arena for rome).

Egypt & Rome/Italian Culture

Scourge Of The Nile (2 Limit) - These warriors from the nile have come to prove themselves worthy of the fame & glory which awaits them - recruitable from L4 city for Egypt & level 4 & above arena for Rome/Italian.

Persia/Eastern & Rome/Italian Culture

Persian Tournament Masters (2 Limit) - These masters of the Eastern archery tournament have the skill & determination to beat any within the arena.- recruitable from L4 city Eastern city & level 4 & above arena for Rome/Italian.

Selucid

Silver shield axes.

Recent Changes.

Increased build time to offset getting them a little ealier, while these are powerful units - all of the high level ones are both limited per faction & have a notable build time.

Development in progress.

More variety, different faces, bodies, armour & spears.

Credit to others.

Credit to Akuru - for his excellent chest parts & roman helms.
    Credit to PA360 for the fantastic shields from his 300 mod.
    Credit to Shurplayker for his excellent Spartan reskins/armour parts to combined with my own custom units.
    Last edited by elmarko123; March 29, 2014 at 07:47 AM.

Default Re: Gods Of The Arena

First! good job!

Nice OP Units
    --------> http://play0ad.com <--------
    OS: Win 7 64bit Ultimate // MOB: GA-990FXA-UD5 // CPU: AMD FX-8350 BE Eight-Core 4,70Ghz OC // WC: CM Nepton_280L // Memory: 16GB 1866Mhz // GPU: Nvidea GTX 780 ti 3GB // SC: SB X-Fi Titanium HD // SS: Creative T20 Series II // Monitors: Asus 27" 1ms , Asus 24'' 4ms //
    HDD: 1TB // SSD: 128GB // SSD: 240GB // External: 3TB

very good units,but too strong!pls small they powar and put 30 or 40 units in squard

They are not as strong as they look, for a start the unit sizes are already 1/3 of a normal unit size & are limited to 1 or 2 per faction - they also take up-to 4 turns to build.

Custom battle isn't a very good test (as they are not so limited there).

Completely chaotic and not historical. It is unsightly.

If you need a source that I can help you.

It is possible to make them very diverse and at the same historical and aesthetic.

Spartan198's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by KLAssurbanipal View Post
    Completely chaotic and not historical. It is unsightly.

If you need a source that I can help you.

It is possible to make them very diverse and at the same historical and aesthetic.
    I find them quite aesthetically pleasing, but everybody has different likes.

As far as them being unhistorical, who cares? You don't have to use them if you don't like them.

Yes, I know.
    I wrote it because I didn't see historical gladiator mod yet.
    I hope is it possible...

Examples of gladiators by Angus McBride:

KLAssurbanipal :one thing is having historically correct Gladiators for the Arena, and something completely different how they would look like if they were called to defend the city (the only realistically viable scenario they would be fighting in a battle.) Their Arena armor was not practical, it was made to give advantages and disadvantages to make duels more entertaining.. something that is completely unacceptable if you have to fight in battle... Gladiators themselves would not want to fight in that armor.. instead, they would most likely just use some standard military equipment they could get, some old helmets (definitely not the gladiator helmets which were intentionally made to have obscured vision), shields, and most likely some tunics.. they would hardly have any armor, as their masters usually didnt considered military grade armor as a good investment for slaves... so all in all, they would fight equipped like others Proletarii - poor inhabitants of cities who are called to arms in dire times of general distress... and btw, after Cannae, several Gladiators, Slaves, prisoners and similar were granted freedom in exchange for being drafted into legions to defend Rome against Hannibal. These legions were armed with whatever weapons they had available, mostly captured Celtic swords and helmets from temples, and some old shields...

btw, for Rome 2 Total Realism mod, we plan to give players the second option, instead of Hollywoodish Gladiators, they will be Garrison force, only present in cities with arena, and armed quite standardly, yet, they will inherit their combat skill and morale..
    Last edited by JaM; April 07, 2014 at 12:00 PM.

Victorius's Avatar Semisalis

Awesome,thanks alot .

how to install this mod
    '

Veneko's Avatar Laetus

you could climb the gods of the arena complete collection?
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 10, 2014 at 03:34 AM.

Metalde's Avatar Libertus

Please comrade!
    You can update your mod for pacth 13?
    I need them in my ranks
    Thank you!
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 10, 2014 at 03:34 AM.

Metalde's Avatar Libertus

No steam link
    please!

I got an error.When I install this mod with mod manager,rome has not responding.How should I resolve this?

sorry,Can You upload other 3 mod file to mediafire.pls i like this so much.I cant login to steam.Pleas
    Last edited by Maximinus Thrax; October 27, 2014 at 10:45 AM. Reason: dp/merged

does it work in grand campaign? it seems that i can only recruit only a handful of these units as general units only. are they recruitable as normal units in the grand campaign?

hey how do i recruit them on grand campaign?

Vitez's Avatar Miles

Mod is not updated man! wont work

They're looking awesome

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast