Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Next faction DLC

Darios's Avatar Ex Oriente Lux

Default Next faction DLC

Howdy guys,

Perhaps the most important thing for me about HatG was the introduction of the Iberian tribes and Syracuse into the main game. Syracuse has a cool position while the Iberians add a new perspective to the game (being the first time Iberian tribes were playable in a TW game). I wonder what's going to be next in the way of released factions. I would like to use this thread to get everyone's opinion on the ONE faction that they would really like to see released next, as well as a description why.

Personally, I hope to see the Odrysian Kingdom released next. CA has not really touched upon the northern Balkans yet and they have a roster that would really add a new perspective on geo-political situation and battles. It would also introduce two handed rhomphaia units into the game and it is something that I think that a lot of people would have fun with. I do not expect to see a DLC based on the Daco-Thracians (even though Trajan's Dacian wars would be fun, I don't think that CA would see it as something 'mainstream' enough to make a campaign based on it) but it would be nice to see the faction released one way or another.
    Under the Patronage of PikeStance

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Next faction DLC

I think the next DLC could be the Roman invasion in Greece. You could these factions there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    I think the next DLC could be the Roman invasion in Greece. You could these factions there.
    You did not respond to my question (I hope that this thread does not get sidetracked), which faction would you like to see released next and why?

necronox's Avatar ▬▬ι═══════- -═══════ιι▬

Next faction? Odrysian kingdom would be good. perhaps also Dacians, otherwise, a German faction, such as the Lugii, or Cimbri.

Personally I think we have more then enough greek factions so I'm not that interested in factions like pergamom or Rhodos. I would like to see the Eastern theater of war a little bit more fleshed out. Maybe some arab/african factions like Meroe or Nabatea. Or the factions south of Bactria with more Indian influences. That would be cool!

TheCenturion24's Avatar Semisalis

Grrr... what makes you think they SHOULD release more factions? There's only so much you can add to a game in the form of DLC before it just becomes laughable. It reached that stage some time ago.

If they want my monies, then I want to see my three Roman factions back. Maybe. OK, not really. Now I think of it, I swear I've seen a mod that does that...

Please for the love of god, no more dlc factions. I just lost 3 playable factions in DEI thanks to HATG, my faction choices are already too limited now.

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

All the DLC campaigns seem to be in the republic era, so I think any empire-era campaigns will be saved for the fall of rome standalone game. Personally I wouldnt mind seeing a campaign based upon the mithradic or parthian wars, with Armenia, Kartli and some other eastern faction added as playable.

In my opinion, I believe that our perception of R2 is hurt because we tend to look at the game in terms of what mods did for RTW and we compare R2 to that. It is both fair and unfair, because we must remember that CA's audience is the public and they are limited in what they can do, while they have also clearly taken many ideas and influences from Europa Barbarorum in order to please us. With that in mind, it is logical to assume that more DLC factions is a positive thing rather than something negative. Technically, without buying any DLC the game only has about 10 or 11 playable factions. I would happily pay for for more cultural packs, given that they suit my interest. I would be the first to buy a Daco-Thracian cultural pack, though I'm not so sure if I would spend my money on more Briton factions.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by Ano2 View Post
    Please for the love of god, no more dlc factions. I just lost 3 playable factions in DEI thanks to HATG, my faction choices are already too limited now.
    How you have lost 6 out of 156?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Some Dacian tribe like the Getae or the Biephi and the Odrissian kingdom. The dacians have an almost complete roster, different from the generic celtic army. And they should get their own culture like the iberians. They are now in the celtic culture. In the blood and gore video the romans fought with dacians.

Biarchus

Illyria, Thrace and Dacia are all factions i'd like to see soon

Quote Originally Posted by VarrKhaitan View Post
    How you have lost 6 out of 156?
    The more factions they release as DLC the less faction choices I get to play as. Not hard to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Ano2 View Post
    The more factions they release as DLC the less faction choices I get to play as. Not hard to understand.
    Just say that you didn't bought any dlc and no1 will ask "how?".

I think next DLC they release will be Cleopatra DLC (I am very sure about that)
    Empire Total War Imperial Destroyer MOD videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qHwf...o1jzaF1nzdfd1A

Quote Originally Posted by Scythion View Post
    Just say that you didn't bought any dlc and no1 will ask "how?".
    *Just say that you didn't BUY any dlc and no ONE will ask how.

I do have the Greek states DLC (from pre-order) I am just unhappy that I get less factional choice every time they release new DLC. So in answer to OP's question: No one. Is that okay now?
    Last edited by Ishan; March 29, 2014 at 10:35 PM. Reason: not needed

The only faction I'm still missing from the game is a Thracian faction. So, Odrysian Kingdom would be a good choice IMO.

Tiro

Dacia/thrace and the east need tye most attention. Germanic and britannic tribes lesser amount

Dacian Wars DLC. The Dacians were the only faction that forced the Romans to change their Armor, because of the 2 handed Falx that cut shields, arms & heads off with ease.
    In the DLC they can also unlock the Illyrians & Thracians just like the Caesar in Gaul DLC unlocked the Galatians for main campaign.

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by AK47 View Post
    Dacian Wars DLC. The Dacians were the only faction that forced the Romans to change their Armor, because of the 2 handed Falx that cut shields, arms & heads off with ease.
    In the DLC they can also unlock the Illyrians & Thracians just like the Caesar in Gaul DLC unlocked the Galatians for main campaign.
    I would love to see it, but I'm not really prepare to pay for it.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast