Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Regional Knight Orders for All - SS6.4 -- Updated 9/12/14

Default Re: Regional Knight Orders for All - SS6.4 -- Updated 8/18/14

Yeah this is something that gets way out of the scope of this submod, you should be able to start a new thread about this. I could do it for you but you forgot to say please

I could add to the optional RR tweaks the following changes, which imo would help a bit.

- TO Mounted Sergeants, outside hre and prussia AOR
    - TO Light Swordsmen, outside hre and prussia AOR
    - TO Spear Militia, Castle, max pool of 2 outside hre and prussia AOR (this is just so they have some more meatshields)
    spear militia in castle is not a bug france and hre also have them

however the mounted sergeants and light swordsmen would require more than just editing the EDB, it would also need to edit the EDU and BM.MDB (for making these units available to the TO and with borrowed HRE textures)

Other ideas would be also allow them recruit these to keep up the pace in the final era:Armats (not entirely sure)
    Dismounted Armats (not entirely sure)
    Reiters
    Musketeers
    Late Musketeers
    Late Pikemen

The TO is not the only faction lacking pike & shot era units TBH, The crusader states lacks these too and practically every non west european faction has trouble keeping the pace. Of Course Historically West Europeans were the dominating force in this side of world by then with exception of the Ottomans and growing Russia...but since this game/mod deals with the what if scenario...specially in a campaign that covers a span of 5 centuries other non west european factions should get widely access to these technologies i think...but this is material for another thread so leave it up here.

I will be a good guy and make the thread for you, but learn how to use courtesy words like Thanks and Please

Default Re: Regional Knight Orders for All - SS6.4 -- Updated 8/18/14

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    you forgot to say please

Thanks and Please

OHOHOHOHOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

BLAH BLAH I DIDN'T KNEW IT BLAH BLAH

OK SORRY THANKS. AND PLEASE KEEP WATCH MY REPORT IN SS FOURM FOR YOU UPLOADED AND STARTED THREAD

<- YOU

Default Re: Regional Knight Orders for All - SS6.4 -- Updated 9/2/14

Quick Update
    Fixed a typo in AttachmentSets folder missing last s

This surely caused CTDs as the BM.MDB would try to load textures placed somewhere else
    you don't have to download this to fix it in your end, just move the content of ".../SS6.3/data/unit_models/attachmentset" to ".../SS6.3/data/unit_models/attachmentsets" and done.

Default Re: Regional Knight Orders for All - SS6.4 -- Updated 9/2/14

Hello,
    I've a similar problem to the one exposed page 2.

I mean the "error while processing RegionalKnightOrders.txt", i tried with the bugfix, it didn't work neither

So ye, the txt file fixed it, but it's an old version, so a lot of cities don't have the Knight Order House such as Caen for example.

Could you please upload each time you update this submod the new regionalknightorders.txt file and right now i'm looking for the txt file of the current version.

Thanks

Default Re: Regional Knight Orders for All - SS6.4 -- Updated 9/12/14

Another Quick Update
    Now the submod doesn't require the Bugfix Compilation for real, previously there was still a little detail that made it incompatible with non fixed SS6.4.
    None the less I still do recommend to get the Bugfix Comp as you gain a lot with it.
    OP download link udated

There is also this update on the RR tweaks, which includes some TO changes:
    - Teutonic Order faction gains access to Mounted Sergeants, Light Swordsmen and Dismounted/Mounted Men at Arms.

Again this is completely optional and doesn't affect the RKOfA submod at all.
    DOWNLOAD

Awesome TO is my favourite faction, do you have any plans to balance the mod with something like recruitable gazi's from mosques, or increased unit pools for lithuania's religious units?

I hadn't thought on that, ghazis are really a sorry excuse for a jihad unit, they should at least get some armour and possibly upgrades, as for making them available from mosques dunno that seems weird, i'd prefer to make them a special building mainly because its more practical for a submod, however what would this building be in matter of "role play"? IDK, if you have any ideas, you're welcome to share them.

When applying the updated version on the setup screen, do I also check the original Regional Knightly Orders or should I just select the RR tweaks?

RR tweaks are optional, you don't really need those, likewise if you only want the RR tweaks, you can activate them without the main module and it will work.

Just to let know this submod is included in TITANIUM OPEN ALPHA
    in case this needs an update i'll do it but individual development has ceased

Which file should I look for if I want to remove chapter houses from certain cities?

data/world/maps/base/descr_region.txt

you'll have to remove any of these hidden resources from the settlement:
    st_johns_chapter_house
    templars_chapter_house
    montesa_chapter_house
    knights_of_santiago_chapter_house
    teutonic_knights_chapter_house
    teutonic_hq
    chapter_hq

Much appreciated.

I was gonna ask if there was a way to do the same kind of thing with the Royal ladies of the court mod, but I see you already have an update that does that exact thing.

Kudos to you, sir.

Got another one for yah:

If I wanted to add an additional unit to the chapter houses recruitment options, like say the crusader state's "templar archers" or something, could I just add in a line to the export_descr_buildings section like this

recruit_pool "Templar archers" 0.5 0.075.... etc. yada yada yada

or is there more to it?

yeah only adding that is enough, of course all subsequent levels of the building should have it too unless you intend to have the unit only on a specific level.

Quote Originally Posted by Melooo182 View Post
    data/world/maps/base/descr_region.txt

you'll have to remove any of these hidden resources from the settlement:
    st_johns_chapter_house
    templars_chapter_house
    montesa_chapter_house
    knights_of_santiago_chapter_house
    teutonic_knights_chapter_house
    teutonic_hq
    chapter_hq
    Is there something else I have to edit along with this, because I'm getting very weird and very confusing results...

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Remove the building from the descr_strat if it is already built

I wish that was it, but none of these are pre-built.

When I try to get rid of one, say the templar chapter house, all templar chapter houses suddenly disappear entirely from every city... or sometimes it just doesn't go away at all, despite the hidden resource being deleted. Its weird.
    Last edited by Rampage; December 09, 2014 at 12:22 PM.

Is there something else I have to edit along with this, because I'm getting very weird and very confusing results...
    like for example?

One thing i didn't say because I thought would be obvious, is that if you remove completely a hidden resource from the descr_regions.txt, you have to also remove it from export_descr_buildings.txt as well.

And this alteration is probably not savegame compatible.

Oh and a map reset is required as well, else changes in the descr_region will not have effect.

It was the reset, got it. Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast