Thread: There's any sub-mod/patch that makes Bran's Campaign AI compatible with Imperial Splendour?

Icon5 There's any sub-mod/patch that makes Bran's Campaign AI compatible with Imperial Splendour?

He said it'd incompatible with any mod that changes AI behaviour, looking at the tables, there's quite a few conflicting changes wi IS 2.21b. I'm trying to merge it myself, but I think it's out of my league. There's 3 more factions in IS, than there's in his mod and I don't what to do with this. Does anyone knows if this was already patched/merged/what-have-you for IS?

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: There's any sub-mod/patch that makes Bran's Campaign AI compatible with Imperial Splendour?

As far as I'm aware of nobody have done this yet. In addition I never had a look into Bran's files, so I can't help you in pointing out the difficulties. So the answer is most likely no, sorry.

Don't forget to vote for the 2018 Modding Awards!

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Default Re: There's any sub-mod/patch that makes Bran's Campaign AI compatible with Imperial Splendour?

I kinda sorta managed to make it compatible, however, Bran's mod isn't only campaign. It adds a bunch of unrelated stuff, I had to scrap his changes to buildings_effects and technology_effects, because was a bit much (i.e. Admiralty giving +10 command?, Platoon fire giving +1 Army Administration etc).

The only problem is how the AI priorities will work and the campaign_variables, which I didn't touch. The latter is particularly troublesome because apparently adds PO penalties for raided or sabotaged buildings.

Looking at the tables, I'm a bit disappointed with his mod tbh. Let's see how the AI works...

I'm obviously voting for you guys, if not for the amazing mod, for the Jó's patience of replying every noob post I make here.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by iporto9393 View Post
    I kinda sorta managed to make it compatible, however, Bran's mod isn't only campaign. It adds a bunch of unrelated stuff, I had to scrap his changes to buildings_effects and technology_effects, because was a bit much (i.e. Admiralty giving +10 command?, Platoon fire giving +1 Army Administration etc).

The only problem is how the AI priorities will work and the campaign_variables, which I didn't touch. The latter is particularly troublesome because apparently adds PO penalties for raided or sabotaged buildings.

Looking at the tables, I'm a bit disappointed with his mod tbh. Let's see how the AI works...

I'm obviously voting for you guys, if not for the amazing mod, for the Jó's patience of replying every noob post I make here.
    Thanks
    In theory, you should overwrite everything in our files with Bran's settings to make it fully compatible. I never played with Bran's settings obviously Btw how did the AI work?

Be mindful that my version of IS is merged with several mods and edited to make economy and pubic order more difficult. I didn't use most of his mod (scraped most of diplomacy, building_effects, technology_effects etc) and modified his campaign_variables to better fit I.S Startpos.

To answer your question, the AI indeed is decent, here some pros:

- I played several IS campaigns, Britain despite being frequently in war with European factions never did ANYTHING on Europe, except fighting blockades on their ports. With Bran's, on turn 60, Britain already launched 2 naval invasions in Europe and captured Tripoli early on. They're very active with their fleets as well.

- The same is true to other "sleepy" factions. For instance, Mughal is actually holding their own against Maratha, but still not overly aggressive.

- The AI is visibly more reasonable with building and more careful when declaring war.

- The AI launch seaborne invasions very frequently.

- Poland and Austria are noticeably opposed by Prussia & cia. This is where the gold lies!

- There's a slight change on the triggers of traits and ancillaries. I does seem better, but it's difficult to tell!

Cons, imo:

- The AI likes seaborne invasions way too much. I play as Portugal, Spain decided to draw a fleet from another theater (!), pick up some troops on front of me, and try to land them near my capital. They could've just marched 2 turns, their troops were in Gibraltar!

- Some factions are way too aggressive to the point of self destruction: United Provinces was at war with France and Spain, instead going for Alsace-Lorraine or Flanders, they declared war on Westphalia (and half of Central Europe in the process) to take their region.

- Minor factions behave considerably worse, they barely recruit units.

- On Naval campaign, same as the above. The AI consistently seems to prefer blockade a enemy port than to lift a blockade in their home region.

- The AI focus way too much Navy in guarding trade nodes, this makes them unprofitable and their ports vulnerable.

- Six Nations is now in Russia, so there's that... I guess they traded a province with Sweden?

- The AI apparently avoids building schools. This could lead to less revolts on the future, which would be a bummer.

Overall, the AI (and solely it) is a very good addition to IS 2.21b and solved many problems I was experiencing.

EDIT: Holy sh*, this is a wall of text. Only noticed after posting, sorry!

Citizen

Sorry for the late reply but I'm really busy in RL (I'm entering into a new phase of my life) and needed time to read your post in order to be able to give a proper answer. (Although I hope my short answer is sufficient, but having never played Bran's mods I can hardly coment them.)

Your findings are really interesting. Especially the invasion ones and certain behaviour styles. Our AI-Guy Pike will most likely be even more interested!
    By the way, weird land trades aren't limited to Bran's Mods.
    If you ask Bran, you could release your settings here for other player who might be interested.

Don't forget to vote for the 2018 Modding Awards!

No problem at all, hope success to you in this new phase! Time (nor corn treats) is an issue on this side of the sea, we're in St. John festivities!

I've encountered a few big problems since the last post, the biggest being the AI not building anything in the Americas. It may be that IS 2.21b leaves the American territory directly to the British, instead of the 13 Colonies, but I don't know. This impedes Quebec or Us from rising.

The other one is my king being immortal. Not sure if it's a Bran's thing (although he does modifies the event_tables), but João II was past his 90s, I played a couple dozen of turns to see... Not dying at all. I play with 6 turns per, so he'd have 3x more chances of dying each year.

If I manage to fix this, although I have no idea how, I will ask him permission and post here!

Citizen

No problem at all, hope success to you in this new phase! Time (nor corn treats) is an issue on this side of the sea, we're in St. John festivities!

I've encountered a few big problems since the last post, the biggest being the AI not building anything in the Americas. It may be that IS 2.21b leaves the American territory directly to the British, instead of the 13 Colonies, but I don't know. This impedes Quebec or Us from rising.

The other one is my king being immortal. Not sure if it's a Bran's thing (although he does modifies the event_tables), but João II was past his 90s, I played a couple dozen of turns to see... Not dying at all. I play with 6 turns per, so he'd have 3x more chances of dying each year.

If I manage to fix this, although I have no idea how, I will ask him permission and post here!
    What's the St. John festivities? I sadly never heard about them until now.

Interesting. This might be related to the priorities of the AI on what to do first.

And a not dying king might be bad luck. As far as I know the chances of dying aren't set in the DB-tables.

Finally great It's always good to see new submods!

It's a week long holiday we have in the Northwest of Brazil, people travel to the countryside and go to these awesomely huge country music festivals, drink liqueur, shoot the owl (if you know what I mean) and eat corn recipes.

I managed to fix the lack of building problems, but now the f*ng AI does not invade anymore. Tested 70 turns three times with different configurations and I'm giving up, to deliver a balanced AI one needs months of testing and extensive knowledge (I have neither). Turns out Bran's causes as much problems as it fixes.

There are 2 values for dying chance in the .db, character_death_chance_turn_end in effect_tables (which is accompanied by a priority value) and one similar in trait_level_effects (i.e. lvl 4 trait for leader lewdness). The former apparently doesn't do anything, the latter apparently works, but only ex nunc on a existing campaign.

Unfortunately, I'm through with Empire... I've spent more time on the .pack manager than actually playing it. I don't even like to mod, just wanted a challenging and fulfilling campaign.

I will post my diplomacy submod soon as I'm able, I can send you my IS_db with Bran's AI if you like, no credit or similar required from my part if posted.
    Last edited by iporto9393; June 23, 2019 at 01:22 AM.

Citizen

It's a week long holiday we have in the Northwest of Brazil, people travel to the countryside and go to these awesomely huge country music festivals, drink liqueur, shoot the owl (if you know what I mean) and eat corn recipes.

I managed to fix the lack of building problems, but now the f*ng AI does not invade anymore. Tested 70 turns three times with different configurations and I'm giving up, to deliver a balanced AI one needs months of testing and extensive knowledge (I have neither). Turns out Bran's causes as much problems as it fixes.

There are 2 values for dying chance in the .db, character_death_chance_turn_end in effect_tables (which is accompanied by a priority value) and one similar in trait_level_effects (i.e. lvl 4 trait for leader lewdness). The former apparently doesn't do anything, the latter apparently works, but only ex nunc on a existing campaign.

Unfortunately, I'm through with Empire... I've spent more time on the .pack manager than actually playing it. I don't even like to mod, just wanted a challenging and fulfilling campaign.

I will post my diplomacy submod soon as I'm able, I can send you my IS_db with Bran's AI if you like, no credit or similar required from my part if posted.
    This festival sounds like a fun festival And great you released your submod!

Quote Originally Posted by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus View Post
    This festival sounds like a fun festival And great you released your submod!
    It's fun indeed! If you're ever visiting these parts, June is the way to go... February is also a blast, there's our famous carnival.

Thank you, after rage quitting multiple times I'm finally setting up the campaign to my liking, also found what the problem was with Bran's (actually my fault). However, I'm sticking with IS default AI.

Speaking in which, when lowering the range of the canister, I came across with a line for "1 pounder cannon" in the projectile tables of IS-Artillery.pack. Is this for an actual in-game land artillery like a Swivel Gun? Damn, that'd be nice!