Thread: less samurai help

Icon5 less samurai help

how do u guy make the samurai cap i mean do u know how i can make it so ever samurai unit and cap start at 2 and go up by 1 ever dojo lvl for my mod and how do i make all the clan playable in mp campaign like in your guys mod thx and awesome work

Default Re: less samurai help

you have to make a new effect, something like "kug_recruitment_cap_yari_samurai" or whatever name works for you. Then you have to go to the effect_bonus_value_unit_record_junctions_tables and make an entry for the unit you want the effect to be applied to, in this case yari samurai. In the latest PFM the left most column called bonus_value_id should be unit_cap, the middle column (called effect) should be the effect you made earlier (effect_bonus_value_unit_record_junctions_tables in this example), and the last column is the unit, in this case Sho_Inf_Spear_Yari_Samurai. Lastly, you have to apply that effect to a building in the effect_bonus_value_unit_record_junctions_tables. All you need is the building, the effect you made, and how many you want to increase the cap by. And there you go, dynamic unit caps.

Artifex

Thanks for that brilliant post, kugkings! This is way better than the approach I came up with.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Quote Originally Posted by kugkings View Post
    you have to make a new effect, something like "kug_recruitment_cap_yari_samurai" or whatever name works for you. Then you have to go to the effect_bonus_value_unit_record_junctions_tables and make an entry for the unit you want the effect to be applied to, in this case yari samurai. In the latest PFM the left most column called bonus_value_id should be unit_cap, the middle column (called effect) should be the effect you made earlier (effect_bonus_value_unit_record_junctions_tables in this example), and the last column is the unit, in this case Sho_Inf_Spear_Yari_Samurai. Lastly, you have to apply that effect to a building in the effect_bonus_value_unit_record_junctions_tables. All you need is the building, the effect you made, and how many you want to increase the cap by. And there you go, dynamic unit caps.
    thx

now do u know how i can make all clans playable in co op campaign?

This is quite confusing for me.... Im a novice and it's been awhile.

I just want there to be a standard cap for all the diff samurai units at 3. After that, I want their respective dojo upgrade to add one.

If anyone could upload an example file with only 1 unit effected by this, I can learn to add the others on my own using this example.

Thank you in advance for any info or files ANYONE provides.

Artifex

Units_table: set total cap of yari samurai to 3
    Effects_table: unit_cap_yari_samurai | data/ui/campaign ui/effect_bundles/effect_army.tga | 1
    Effect_bonus_value_unit_record_junctions_table: unit_cap_yari_samurai | unit_cap | Inf_Spear_Yari_Samurai
    Building_units_allowed_table: SHO_Yari_1_Drill_Yard | Inf_Spear_Yari_Samurai | 0 Exp
    Building_factionwide_effects_table: SHO_Yari_1_Drill_Yard | unit_cap_yari_samurai | 1
    SHO_Yari_2_Naginata_Dojo | unit_cap_yari_samurai | 1
    SHO_Yari_3_Master_Dojo | unit_cap_yari_samurai | 1
    SHO_Yari_4_Legendary_School | unit_cap_yari_samurai | 1
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

Quote Originally Posted by Dru32 View Post
    This is quite confusing for me.... Im a novice and it's been awhile.

I just want there to be a standard cap for all the diff samurai units at 3. After that, I want their respective dojo upgrade to add one.

If anyone could upload an example file with only 1 unit effected by this, I can learn to add the others on my own using this example.

Thank you in advance for any info or files ANYONE provides.
    The best way to learn all of this just from the mod itself, here try this link, its not working mod, but the concept is right. Hope its can help
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze