Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RECRUITMENT - MODDERS!

Default RECRUITMENT - MODDERS!

ABOUT IMPERIAL SPLENDOUR
    Hello Modders,

I am Pikestance. I am the New Project Manager for the Empire Total War Modification : Imperial Splendour. We are looking for dedicated modders to complete the much anticipated Imperial Splendour vIII. If you are a new, but enthusiastic novice or an experience modders looking for a new challenge, then we invite you to apply. Below is a brief summary of what the Mod and what we hope to accomplish.

Imperial Splendour attempts to create the best, historically accurate Empire : Total War experience possible while maintaining the essence of the game.
    The first aspect of Imperial Splendour is to offer a unique gameplay experience with each faction. Please visit the Faction Discussion area to read about each factions unique qualities.
    The second aspect, an innovation for Empire : Total War, is the evolution of the uniforms, separating the Grand Campaign into three periods (Early, Middle, Late). Each period allows you a different roster so as to be the most historically accurate. The uniform changes by periods and by revolution, consistently corresponding with major conflicts of the 18th century.

I.S development is based on
    • Unit evolution along 3 periods : War of Spanish Succession (WSS), Seven Years' War (SYW), French Revolutionary Wars (FRW)
    • Unique faction's units rosters
    • Unique faction's technology tree
    • Unique faction's building chains

In addition, the I.S team is developing a:
    • New Recruitment System
    • New Battle Mechanics
    • Line of Sight system

I.S. Team Members
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Mod Leader: Wangrin
    Project Manager: PikeStance

Contributors
    Don504 : DB_table editor (db), 2D artist , Historian (North America)
    Flikitos : Previous Leader, 2D and 3D artist, ESF Editor, DB-table Editor
    JaM : Mechanic Battle and Campaign Designer, DB-table Editor, Historian
    PikeStance : Project Manager, Battle and campaign mechanic designer, DB-table editor, Historian
    Quintus Hortensius Hortalus : DB-table Editor, 2D and 3D artist (Tech tree and building chains)
    Wangrin : Leader of the mod, 3D Editor, (the best) Historian.

Helping contributors :
    162eRI : Historian (Flags)
    ErikBerg : Historian (Sweden)
    Flaviuss : 2D and 3D artist
    Fortes : Co-creator of the mod IS III version
    Herr Doctor : Historian and 2D artist (Flags)
    Lazy Knight : Script lua programmer, and DB-Editor
    MegasAlexandros : 2D and 3D artist
    Naxzul666 : Videographer
    Okmin : Co-creator of the IS III version
    TuranianGhazi : 2D and 3D artist

Previous IS' team members
    Ahiga : Lead Creative Designer
    Dazo :
    Dogmeat : FX, mod-architecture
    gomer_pyle : Artworks and mapping
    Kenniston5 : Technology Trees, startpos editor

RECRUITMENT- 3D & 2D ARTIST What are we looking for?

We are specifically looking for 3D and 2D artists to complete units for the three time periods. However, being capable modding the following would be most ideal

• 3D artists could have to create :
      • Campaign building models (UU3D needed as converter) : Easy
      • Equipments (UU3D needed as converter) : Easy
      • Engine models (UU3D needed as converter) : Easy to Medium
      • Unit models : Easy to Hard

NOTE : We can not yet create new Battlemap building, at least garrisonable one, but it is possible to create new non-garrisonable buildings using TW:S2 Assembly Kit, because TW:S2's cs2.parsed file can be reused in ETW and NTW.

• 2D artists could have to create :
      • UI
        • Icons
        • Info Icons
        • Portraits
        • etc.

• Model textures
        • diffuse texture
        • normal texture (bump map)
        • gloss map

• DB editors could have :
      • to add units
      • to add new technologies and techtrees
      • to add new buildings and building chains
      • to edit startpos

If peoples have knowledge of LUA and C++, it would be possible to expand W.A.L.I abilities, particularly to create a "true" unit evolution system that replace "obsolete" units by new one when reaching a "Army reform" technology.

RECRUITMENT- FACTION DESIGN
    Note: The following is lowest priority, but will be needed.

1. Historical Researches : Faction design
      1. Units roster must contains, at least, following data :
        • unit name
        • unit type and subtype (exp. : Cavalry > Heavy > Melee or Cavalry > Medium > Shock)
        • AoR regions (Area of Recruitment)
        • recruitment limit (global and regional)
        • picture representing the unit (if possible)

2. Building chains : can use this document as a basis

3. Technology tree : can use this document as a basis

2. UI and 2D art
      • Flag chart : 90% done
      • Portrait lists : Military and Politics/Agents
      • UI
      • Icon Chart

3. Writers
      • Unit descriptions for each faction
      • Building descriptions for each faction
      • Objectives for each Faction

Please PM PikeStance or replay in this thread!

Last edited by PikeStance; July 09, 2017 at 11:04 AM.

Default Re: Recruitment - Modders!

what happened to Flikitos and Wangrin?

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

We are still here, but simply cannot handle to workload.
    We are working on French and Great Britain since 3 years, and both factions are still not completed.
    So, we need help to work on other factions and mechanics.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

Quote Originally Posted by Whaler99 View Post
    what happened to Flikitos and Wangrin?
    Quote Originally Posted by wangrin View Post
    We are still here, but simply cannot handle to workload.
    We are working on French and Great Britain since 3 years, and both factions are still not completed.
    So, we need help to work on other factions and mechanics.
    I will add a list of current team members to advertisement..... an oversight on my part. [EDIT- RESOLVED]

More to the point.... If you consider the number of factions, plus three different unit groups (Early, Middle and Late), then this is with 12 major factions 36 groups of units. In years time, 7 unit groups were completed (English and French Early and late, Late Ottoman, Late USA and Late Haiti). At this pace, it will take us about another 4 years to complete the remaining major factions. The math is slightly off for different reasons, but you get the gist.
    Last edited by PikeStance; March 24, 2014 at 10:25 PM.

Patrician Artifex

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

Well, with Hannibal DLC, I forced myself to finish Caesar in Gaul, and much to my surprise, liked it! Now, hearing that rigid_model_v2 extraction works for Rome 2, I'm excited to get back into the swing of things.

My Crimean Khanate Realism mod was left very near release (I basically just had 3-4 units left). I'll include buildings, both Campaign and Battle Map for another update for that mod. I just want to release something.

Still, I have pressing modding requests from my Age of Empires 2 HD FE campaigns which I'm updating with new AIs, triggerwork, and scope. Also, my Skyrim mods still beckon me from time to time. I guess my issue as a modder is that my varied interests wear me out thin lol.

Yet, I'd love to submit my Crimean Khanate Realism mod to Imperial Splendour, get your feedback, and then help out with other factions, Muslim, Eastern European, and Central European would probably be my best knowledge scope.

Have you checked out our factions discussion on the Cossacks?
    Also somewhere in the suggestion thread is a discussion on Circassia (sp). I am not sure why it was moved there, but we discussed the Caucuses/ Dagestan/ region at length.
    It is somewhere before the 20th page. I gave up looking for it after 30 minutes of flipping through.

Send a link to your mod... I will definitely check it out!

Hm, I could probably help out with 3D models... buildings and equipment shouldnt be a great problem... I work with Milkshape 3D and XSI Mod Tool, never used UU3D. I could send you raw, fresh .obj format models. I also like the idea of working on the battle mechanics, if thats possible.

Patrician Artifex

The work on Battle Mechanics is based on modding statistics, from weapons to moral, to try to match with more or less historical behaviors.
    This work is based on documents from the periods.
    If you're interested in, I can send some of them (mostly English and French books).
    JaM and PikeStance did most (if not all ^^) of the work and the system will be similar to Empire Realism.
    So, the work will be about editing db tables to changes values.

MilkShape is still a good tool to work on models for ETW, but, if you don't use Ultimate Unwrap 3D you will be limited to import/export models other than units.
    For example, Knight Errant converter didn't handle euro_equipment.variant_weighted_mesh because its structure is slightly different from variant_weighted_mesh from units.
    And KE converter is unable to handle rigid_model, etc.

Moreover, MilkShape's tool to create UVmap, "Texture Coordinate Editor", is a "p**n in the a*s" to use.
    It would be better to use 3ds max or Maya to create unit, its UVmap and rigging model, and then export it ad .fbx (2010 or 2012).
    Doing so, I will be able to use UU3D to convert them to any file format needed by ETW (but not ships...).
    But, as I own UU3D, it should not be a problem. Converting models is not time consuming.

Note you can use Autodesk products (3ds max, Maya, MudBox, Motion Builder) for free through Autodesk Student Community (event if not really a student ^^)

I see... well, making units wasnt really my idea... I dont have experience in rigging and my patience for that task is very low therefore I was suggesting I could make some buildings and static objects or parts of equipment. But if its so difficult as a process then I'm not sure. I dont feel very confident with 3DSMax either. Thanks for clarifiying it for me in any case.

Concerning Battle Mechanics
    Most of the DB tables for land battles are been done. I will be releasing a BETA version as a submod within the next several days. It can be found here. The groupformation.bin file still needs to be redone to reflect more historical accuracy while preserving the challenge.
    I am not sure where JaM is with his Sea battles adjustments.

Concerning Modelling.
    I wouldn't sell yourself short. Modelling is our biggest need right now and any help, however small, would be appreciated.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    I see... well, making units wasnt really my idea... I dont have experience in rigging and my patience for that task is very low therefore I was suggesting I could make some buildings and static objects or parts of equipment. But if its so difficult as a process then I'm not sure. I dont feel very confident with 3DSMax either. Thanks for clarifiying it for me in any case.
    We need people to create models for Campaign Buildings and equipments for example.
    And, to create these models, you can use MilkShape.
    But working on "simple" model would be a good solution to learn and take confidence with 3ds max.

Default Re: RECRUITMENT - MODDERS!

If you still need assistance with the Russian faction, I would be happy to flesh out my roster some more to meet the new requirements. I could also contribute to the tech tree and building areas, and maybe do some writing for unit and building descriptions. I can make some general contributions to other factions as well, given time to do research. Having an excuse to put my history degree to work will be nice
    The above post is in a pre-alpha state and does not nessecarily reflect the final writings of the poster. As such the poster cannot be held responsible for any statements made in this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Swerg View Post
    If you still need assistance with the Russian faction, I would be happy to flesh out my roster some more to meet the new requirements. I could also contribute to the tech tree and building areas, and maybe do some writing for unit and building descriptions. I can make some general contributions to other factions as well, given time to do research. Having an excuse to put my history degree to work will be nice
    Are you offering to do 2d work or research and development of the various aspect of a faction?

My artistic ability is limited to writing. I'm offering to do historical research and writing.
    The above post is in a pre-alpha state and does not nessecarily reflect the final writings of the poster. As such the poster cannot be held responsible for any statements made in this post.

My artistic ability is limited to writing. I'm offering to do historical research and writing.
    We definitely need someone with writing skills to write descriptions.... and do some research.

FROM WANGRIN
    The hardest part in historical research for I.S is to search for accurate technologies and buildings and define accurate technology trees and building chains.
    Would you be interesting in ?

Building chains and technology trees are important to create an accurate economic system for each factions, with their own strengths and weaknesses.

That would be nice if we can work with Swerg together on Russia faction, especially if he can make accurate research and create required tech/building chains.

Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    FROM WANGRIN

The hardest part in historical research for I.S is to search for accurate technologies and buildings and define accurate technology trees and building chains.
    Would you be interesting in ?

Building chains and technology trees are important to create an accurate economic system for each factions, with their own strengths and weaknesses.
    Building chains would be harder, but I can see what I can dig up. Most of my sources for the Russian military relate to the Napoleonic era, but I may be able to use those to backtrack somewhat.

Attempting to simulate the Russian economy would be an interesting challenge. I don't think properly fitting St. Petersburg's development into the game is really possible.

I have made some suggestions in the past regarding the Russian technology tree. Do you still have the roster I submitted?

It's time to take the discussion to the developers forum. Please make the request to join!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast