Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD] Reign of the First-Men - SERIOUS HELP NEEDED! Post on Page 2

Default [SUBMOD] Reign of the First-Men - SERIOUS HELP NEEDED! Post on Page 2

I've been thinking on this for a while, and I came up with this idea. Now, I suck at doing textures, modelling, but I am fairly good with coding. This idea takes place about... Say, according to lore, 4,000 years before the arrival of the Andals, and just after the Long Night. I've already come up with Faction idea's, character idea's, etc.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The North:
    House Stark: Brandon Stark, the Builder. His sons Benjen Stark and Bowen Stark. They would have the loyalty Cerwyn, Mollen, Cassel, Hornwood, and maybe a couple minor ones The Houses of Tallhart, and Karstark don't exist yet. They would have an alliance with Woodfoot, through Brandon Stark's marriage to Erena Woodfoot, William's sister.
    House Bolton: Ralton Bolton, the Skinner. His children, Lyra Bolton, Jonnel Bolton, and Penna Bolton. They would have the loyalty of Lightfoot, Locke, Ashwood, Ironsmith, and Flint of Widow's Watch.
    House Umber: Hoarfrost Umber, the Giantsbane. His children Harwood Umber, and Bethany Umber. They would have the loyalty of all the Clansmen.
    House Woodfoot: William Woodfoot, the Half-Hand. His son Torrhen Woodfoot. They would have the loyalty of Glover, Forrester, and Bole
    House Ryswell: Dorren Ryswell, the Steed. His daughters, Sybelle Ryswell, Barbrey Ryswell, and Alys Ryswell. Alys Ryswell became pregnant with the bastard of an unknown man, giving birth to a son, Helman Ryswell. They would command the loyalty of Dustin, Long, and Lake.
    The Riverlands:
    House Mudd: Jonothar Mudd, the Apostle. His children, Jyanna Mudd, and Garrett Mudd. They would have the loyalty of Teague, Mallister, and maybe a few minor houses, such as Erenford?
    House Blackwood: Hoster Blackwood, the Wise. His children, Quentyn Blackwood, Danwell Blackwood, and Carellan Blackwood. They would have the loyalty of Tully, Keath, maybe some of the minor houses?
    House Bracken: Manfryd Bracken, the Whimsical? His children, Joseth Bracken, Emphyria Bracken, and Marianne Bracken. They would have the loyalty of perhaps Deddings, and Justman, a couple of the minor houses?
    House Fisher: Mallador Fisher, the Unlucky(or maybe the Gentle)? His children Theomar Fisher and Catelyn Fisher. They would have the loyalty of Mooton, Cox, Harroway, Towers, Darry, a couple of other minor houses?(Since, according to semi-canon sources, Fisher was wiped out by the Stormkings, I would think that they'd be situated near Harrenhal, except, it wouldn't be called Harrenhal...)
    Maybe one other house could try to be kings, like Piper, or Vance, maybe even Vyper? Any ideas?
    The Iron Islands:
    House Greyjoy: Greydon Greyjoy, the Malevolent. His sons, Dykk Greyjoy, Norne Greyjoy, Harlon Greyjoy, and Aladale Greyjoy. Now, here is really where it is tricky; I imagined, that sitting in Nagga's Hall(off the coast of Great Wykk), that the Grey King rules from there. Greydon is the son of the Grey King, and so Greyjoy commands Goodbrother, all the houses there, Saltcliff, etc.
    House Harlaw: Urrigon Harlaw, the Reaver. His son, Bennarion Harlaw. Naturally, they would command the houses such as Volmark, Stonetree, Myre, and Kenning.
    House Greyiron: Quellon Greyiron, the Cruel. His children, Qhored Greyiron, and Gwynesse Greyiron. I guess they would rule over Blacktyde, Orkwood, and Hoare. If I remember correctly, they ruled from Orkmont, until they got destroyed by the Andals, right?
    The Grey King, I imagined, could be like say... the Pope. He just sits in Nagga's Hall, and he issues orders from there. I don't know if it can be done, but I think that would be pretty epic. However, I don't know if youcan change it where he can live for say... a couple thousand in game years? Just a thought, not mandatory, but I thought it would be neat.
    The Westerlands:
    House Lannister: Lann Lannister, the Clever. His two sons, Garrison Lannister and Lyonel Lannister. Now, another complicated part. I imagined, that they only owned Faircastle, Kayce, Lannisport, and Casterly Rock. Let's just say, if it can be done, there are rebel settlements located where Crakehall is, or other places. When you conquer them, a script shows up that asks if you want to grant a heroic lord the regions settlement, after they swear fealty to you. You accept, and say, for example, Crakehall was taken, the script would say: Do you wish to grant the conquered settlement to the Heroic soldier who led the vanguard and took the settlement? You say yes, and then a general pops up in Crakehall, with a family tree. I don't know if this can be done, but I think that would also be epic!
    House Reyne: Damion Reyne, the Bloody. His children, Leonella Reyne, Genna Reyne, and Gareth Reyne. They would have command of the Serretts, Marbrands, and Lefford, maybe a couple minor houses.
    House Tarbeck: Lucion Tarbeck, the King-of-Cruelty. His sons, Geralt Tarbeck, and Horace Tarbeck. They would rule Westerling and Banefort.
    The Reach:
    House Gardener: Garth Gardener, the Greenhand. His children, Emmon Gardener, and Cynthia Gardener. I imagined them having command of Old Oak, Brightwater Keep, and Goldengrove.
    House Redwyne: Forely Redwyne, the Drunkard. His sons, Gyles Redwyne and Willas Redwyne. I thought they could have the Hightowers, Maybe Sun House?
    House Tarly: Harreld Tarly, the Merry. His children, Mathis Tarly, Horas Tarly, and Rylene Tarly. I figured the would have the whole, Longtable, Cider Hall, Ashford, Bitterbridge region? Is that reasonable?
    The Vale:
    House Redfort: Hosteen Redfort, the Bulwark. His sons, Robbett Redfort, and Harley Redfort. I figured they'd have the Redfort, maybe to the Eyrie, and possibly Heart's Home?
    House Royce: Arcill Royce, the King-Who-Wears-Bronze(I ran out of creativity... yolo.... I am disgusted with myself). His children, Lyarna Royce, Rorarch Royce, and Atticus Royce(I just read HtKaMB again...). They'd rule Runestone and Gulltown, but would have strong spearmen.
    And here, we would need to make up houses. Because, the only houses in the vale that have ancestry tracing back to the First Men, are the Redforts confirmed. So, I don't really know what to do here... Maybe make some houses that could be Quote-Unquote, related to the tribes of the Vale? I don't really know! Any ideas?
    The Stormlands:
    House Durrendon: Durran Durrendon, the Godsgrief. His son, Alesander Durrendon. They would rule over Tarth, Fell, and Buckler.
    House Connington: Galladon Connington, the Quarreller. His children, Marya Connington, Barristan Connington, and Corenna Connington. They would rule over Swann, and Grandison.
    House Wylde: Allard Wylde, the Poet. His children, Ravella Wylde, Arianne Wylde, Jeyne Wylde, and Maric Wylde. They would rule over Estermont, and Mertyns

Okay, during my several day leave of absence, all of which I spent furiously playing Mass Effect(completed the first game in 2-in-a-half days) and Dragon Age, I came up with a few more ideas. Some of these Idea's, once again I've been beaten to posting them... CURSE YOU ADMIRALTHRAWN!!! Anyway, I was think all units were AoR, like Winterfell Spearmen, Runestone Spearmen, Oldstone Spearmen, etc. This submod is quite ambitious, which is why I need a team. I have an Autistic-Spectrum Disorder, so, It takes me awhile to pick up on things. But, I would really like to do this mod. When I say ambitious I mean.
    Custom Unique Portraits
    All Units are Area of Recruitment Units
    Custom Map
    Custom UI
    Custom Strat-Map Models
    Custom Battle Models
    Custom Battle Maps
    Custom City Designs
    There is a lot of things to do that I don't know how. I can do basic coding, I can make portraits(aka finding them and doing a little editing on Paint.net), and that's pretty much where my area of expertise ends. I know it's ambitious, but I really hope I can get some help!
    I've managed to get the stories more or less figured out.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

House Stark: Brandon the Builder has an alliance with the Houses Mudd and Woodfoot, Woodfoot through his marriage to William's sister, and Mudd through his eldest son, Benjen's betrothal to Jyanna Mudd. Jonothar Mudd sent his daughter up north with a contingent to ensure her safety, however, a Harlaw raiding party, led by Bennarion Harlaw, son of Urrigon Harlaw, attacked and slaughtered her guards. Bennarion has taken Jyanna as his salt-wife, and raped her until she became heavy with his child. House Stark and Mudd received word of these events, and immediately declared a joint-war against Harlaw. Meanwhile, Benjen took a small army south as soon as he heard word, his rage filling him.
    House Greyjoy: Greydon Greyjoy is the son of the Grey King and his Mermaid wife. The Goodbrother's and the Island of Old Wykk have bent the knee to him, while the Greyirons and Harlaws have refused.

That's really it so far, I have most of the North down, just need to edit a few details, but I'll update more of the story later.
    Last edited by TheDisturbedGuy; June 24, 2014 at 02:48 PM.

Iron Aquilifer's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: Submod Idea: Age of Heroes

The Royces are an old House predating the Arryns (for the Vale)

As to the Lannister general script, I don't believe you can spawn a family tree per say, however you can have a general off_map and then spawn him when you accept the script.

I think the thousand year-old thing wouldn't work, unless you made the papal_state faction have only one name, which means that when the pope dies and another rises, he too is called The Grey King or whatever

AdmiralThrawn's Avatar Vicarius

This sounds pretty similar to my current in-progress mod Age of Petty Kings. Wanna help out with that one?

House Lannister is actually an Andal House. Lann the Clever wasn't one - and the Lannisters descend from him through the female line.

House Royce is an ancient House in the Vale

Axis Sunsoar's Avatar Domesticus

I believe there would still be a House Casterly at this point?

Maybe, but Lann tricked them out of Casterly Rock, taking over their lands, etc

is this mod being work?? sounds great

not yet, but I have begun writing in some of the necessary coding. I'm hoping to be able to put a team together

Badger-dude's Avatar Primicerius

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Age of Heroes

I made a rough age of heroes submod a while back. Was never released

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    Was never released
    Shivers

Quote Originally Posted by Badger-dude View Post
    I made a rough age of heroes submod a while back.
    Could you help me with mine perhaps?

Okay, question, and I would like a vote:
    Who should House Hornwood, Locke, and Wells be sworn to? Stark, or Bolton

Isn't it more likely that House Wells came north with Manderly?
    Locke - Bolton
    Hornwood - Stark

How is the progress?

This mod looks great !!!

In my opinion:

Locke sworn to Bolton
    Hornwood sworn to Stark
    Wells ... well i have no clue where in the north the Wells are from so therefore i dont know

Quote Originally Posted by Stannis the Mannis View Post
    Isn't it more likely that House Wells came north with Manderly?

How is the progress?
    Well, I have no team, I'm attempting to do it, I have most of House Stark nailed down, I just need to officially test it out, but it's going pretty well.
    I agree though, maybe House Wells came North with the Manderly's.
    Officially, House Stark will control Winterfell, Castle Cerwyn, Dawnforest, and Hornwood.
    House Umber will control Last Hearth, Flint Hall, Norrey Hall, Wull Hall, Harclay Hall, Knott Hall, and Burley Hall.
    House Bolton will control The Dreadfort, Karhold(ruled by House Lightfoot), Oldcastle, Spearport(aka White Harbor, ruled by House Ashwood) Widow's Watch, and Ramsgate(ruled by House Ironsmith)
    House Woodfoot will rule Bear Keep, Deepwood Motte, Wolfswood(ruled by House Forrester), Sea Dragon Watch(ruled by House Bole)
    House Ryswell will rule the Rills, Barrowton, Blazewater's Jaw(aka Flint's Finger, ruled by House Long), and maybe Lakeview(aka Torrhen's Square, ruled by House Lake)
    That's all I got so far, if you have any comments, please, let me know
    Last edited by TheDisturbedGuy; April 19, 2014 at 06:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDisturbedGuy View Post
    Well, I have no team, I'm attempting to do it, I have most of House Stark nailed down, I just need to officially test it out, but it's going pretty well.
    I agree though, maybe House Wells came North with the Manderly's.
    Officially, House Stark will control Winterfell, Castle Cerwyn, Dawnforest, and Hornwood.
    House Umber will control Last Hearth, Flint Hall, Norrey Hall, Wull Hall, Harclay Hall, Knott Hall, and Burley Hall.
    House Bolton will control The Dreadfort, Karhold(ruled by House Lightfoot), Oldcastle, Spearport(aka White Harbor, ruled by House Ashwood) Widow's Watch, and Ramsgate(ruled by House Ironsmith)
    House Woodfoot will rule Bear Keep, Deepwood Motte, Wolfswood(ruled by House Forrester), Sea Dragon Watch(ruled by House Bole)
    House Ryswell will rule the Rills, Barrowton, Blazewater's Jaw(aka Flint's Finger, ruled by House Long), and maybe Lakeview(aka Torrhen's Square, ruled by House Lake)
    That's all I got so far, if you have any comments, please, let me know
    What about the Greystarks? Didn't they controlled the lands around White Harbour from their Castle the Wolf's Den ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maddog_Baratheon View Post
    What about the Greystarks? Didn't they controlled the lands around White Harbour from their Castle the Wolf's Den ?
    The Greystarks started as a cadet branch of House Stark, just like the Karstarks were also a cadet branch. This IS Brandon the Builder, so the cadet branches don't exist yet.

Default [SUBMOD] Age of Heroes

That, and White Harbour wasn't there (it was Wolf Den)..... and the Starks didn't even hold that area until way way way in to the future (long after the Andal invasion)

EDIT: Realized I am mixed up with Ice Eyes:- White Harbour wasnt there, neither was Wolfs Den
    Last edited by Iron Aquilifer; April 20, 2014 at 02:29 PM.

Well, actually House Stark had already controlled it when the Andals invaded, the city of White Harbor wasn't there yet, I think just a minor settlement was there.

Well, actually House Stark had already controlled it when the Andals invaded, the city of White Harbor wasn't there yet, I think just a minor settlement was there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast