Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Historical Legions

Default Re: [Official Submod] Historical Legions

I am playing a CiG campaign using this mod, and I get the option to recruit both the numbered legions and the generic legions, but the latter are quite more expensive (both initial cost and maintenance) is this intended? Or is it a bug?

Quote Originally Posted by Ant909 View Post
    I just tried that mod....it is great....I wonder if the boys at DEI will just incorporate it full would be great. That guys did a great job
    Yes, i think the same as you Ant909, maybe we will wait until 0.9 to get it. Thatīs right Dresden??

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ant909 View Post
    I just tried that mod....it is great....I wonder if the boys at DEI will just incorporate it full would be great. That guys did a great job
    Weren't they already in DEI but everyone didn't like them so they got voted out?

This was included in the main mod. After a fairly large backlash against it, we removed it in favor of the current system (variation in looks but not names).

That is why I created this submod, for those who still wanted the Historic Legions.

@andrew I haven't tested this mod in CiG so it could indeed be problematic.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

Why people did not like it?. It seems pretty immersive for me.

The main reason is that many people already have their own legions and histories in their own games for those legions. They felt that hiring specifically named historic legionaries broke their immersion. They didn't want their Legio I Italica to have various historic legion units.

The submod is a good way for those who want them to have them, without having to force them on the user.

Quote Originally Posted by gastovski View Post
    Why people did not like it?. It seems pretty immersive for me.
    Because everyone thinks they know best, and now everyone complains its not in. ing stupid. Dresden is right, the was a big backlash, but then you should have heard the crazy ass solutions people wanted. I have done a little modding and after MTW2 Ca has made the engine so mod unfriendly. These guys can rewrite the terrible decisions of CA they can only try to enhance them. I actually need to get off these forums, its starting to drive me nuts. I don't know how you guys do it------I see like a tiny majority of people like no tomorrow and seem to get what they want.

Thankgod for the Sub-mod area, otherwise these guys would have made it look like "most of us" want fast battle or 1TPY.....Anyways, it is apparent to me that most of the people that complain on this site seem to want vanilla, but with unit models.....Dresden, why don't you just release all of the unit models (as a Sub-mod) so your hardcore fans can focus on bug's and ways to fix them.
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

For those of you who have gotten that far, do the legions in this submod look like the ones Franky did in the Caesar's legions mod?

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    For those of you who have gotten that far, do the legions in this submod look like the ones Franky did in the Caesar's legions mod?
    I don't know how Franky's legions looked alike. I visited Caesar's legions what i can say is that legions you'll find in this submod looks pretty like those you see after the marian's reform of Franky and i am until next turn in that period.
    I never saw one who were like those of his Augustan's reform. But next turn i will be at the imperial's reform of DeI so may be my legions will become like those of franky after his "augustan reform".

Quote Originally Posted by Clerc View Post
    I don't know how Franky's legions looked alike. I visited Caesar's legions what i can say is that legions you'll find in this submod looks pretty like those you see after the marian's reform of Franky and i am until next turn in that period.
    I never saw one who were like those of his Augustan's reform. But next turn i will be at the imperial's reform of DeI so may be my legions will become like those of franky after his "augustan reform".
    Yes, I meant those ones. If you look at your link, you'll see that Franky is the author...

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    The main reason is that many people already have their own legions and histories in their own games for those legions. They felt that hiring specifically named historic legionaries broke their immersion. They didn't want their Legio I Italica to have various historic legion units.

The submod is a good way for those who want them to have them, without having to force them on the user.
    Hello Dresden,
    Waiting the french translation for v0.85 (in fact i began the french translation because "our" translator is busy), i use to play the [FIX] Divide et Impera localization project for non-english players [Works with v0.85b1].
    And i want to say : They have felt what they felt, but now i am missing something and it brokes my immersion.
    "Specifically named historic legionaries" don't appear anymore when i pass the mouse upon the card using the fix for non-english players and even in the info panel Legionarii are generic.
    I don't know if in the english version of the game the "specifically named historic legionaries" appear but in the FIX no and soon in the french translation i suppose no more.
    What can i do (also because i am doing the translation for french players now) ?

DeI v0.85b1 in french

DeI v0.85b1 in english (with the Fix)

Last edited by Clerc; April 06, 2014 at 11:50 PM.

I don't know much about language compatibility. You could probably use Rafkos' language mod and add in the text files from this mod's pack.

Please please please make all these legions recruitable only in provinces that where in the Roman Empire.

Also when will Rapax be fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by Clerc View Post
    I just checked out this mod, in the pictures I see whomever did the texture work doesn't understand Roman numerals... LOL

LEC VIIII

Good grief

Caius Bingerus's Avatar Tiro

@Shaggy1973: LEC VIIII is a common sign for that age, ya still see IIII on clocks on churches and watches the old writing for "4"...so the author did it historical right
    ...the duty of a soldier ends only with his death...

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy1973 View Post
    I just checked out this mod, in the pictures I see whomever did the texture work doesn't understand Roman numerals... LOL

LEC VIIII

Good grief

Actually they are historically correct. The Romans never used the IV, IX, etc numerals earlier on. IV and IX should be IIII and VIIII.
    Maybe do a little research next time before you accuse others of being wrong.
    Good grief.

So maybe I should change the names back to VIIII ? I changed them because I didn't realize the Romans used that.

You know I got so use to the IX and all of that, I totally forgot that is not how the Romans used it. Crazy.
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

So maybe I should change the names back to VIIII ? I changed them because I didn't realize the Romans used that.
    Either way works, just the "VIIII" way is more historically accurate.

Clerc's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    Either way works, just the "VIIII" way is more historically accurate.
    Do as you feel Dresden, you work a lot.
    ----------------------------------------------

i found an issue after the imperial reform (and the way to avoid it), i play on a savegame from 0.82 with v0.85 now...
    Strictly impossible to recruit Evocata germanica and Cohors evocata.... except if i click on the faction's panel button. If i do i can recruit them without the cap of limitation of 2.
    Last edited by Clerc; April 13, 2014 at 07:26 AM.