Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Historical Legions

Default Re: [Official Submod] Historical Legions

Please Dresden, fix the legions units for 0.85, i will want to start a new campaign with romani and i apreciate to have the fine version of DEI legions!!

Thanks! SALVE DEI!

Quote Originally Posted by Marcus Flavius View Post
    Please Dresden, fix the legions units for 0.85, i will want to start a new campaign with romani and i apreciate to have the fine version of DEI legions!!

Thanks! SALVE DEI!
    Yes, please oh please Dresden!

we all apreciate that i see! =) SALVE DEI! WE TRUST ON DEI TEAM!

I will see when I have time to work on this submod. I am not sure what is causing the texture issues, that isn't really my area of modding. I will see what I can do.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    I will see when I have time to work on this submod. I am not sure what is causing the texture issues, that isn't really my area of modding. I will see what I can do.
    Thanks Dresden, we only want to have Roman faction complete when 0.85 comes ! it will be great to see DEI legions too!

Dresden have I ever told you I have a man crush on you lol
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

Updated, I included all of the old textures and models. Hopefully the pack works properly. Please report any issues, textures are not my normal area of expertise.

I also changed the recruitment zones.

Updated, I included all of the old textures and models. Hopefully the pack works properly. Please report any issues, textures are not my normal area of expertise.

I also changed the recruitment zones.
    The textures of Caesarīs legions you said? with new armours, scabbards and pugios right?? iīm glad to hear that! and i apreciate your work on this if itīs not your area, Thanks Dresden!

it will be compatible with new 0.85 right? SALVE DEI!!!

can also update your map with your changes on recruitment zones?? Thanks!

The map is already updated.

The textures I included were the ones originally in DeI 0.8. I honestly don't know if they have the scabbards, etc.

I hope so..but could you check it? thereīs no reason to didnīt put them new scrabbards, etc right?

Thanks Dresden! maybe you need some of your textures members of DEI to help you with this sub-mod =)

thanks DresdenĄĄ only one thing the problem whit auxiliary baracks level 3 is fixed too?

no visual changes in my current campaing legionariis for legions still have blue shields...is necesary to start a new campaing ?

for some reason i cant recruit armoured legionares ŋis this intentional?

THANKS DRESDEN!!!!!!!!!! Especially for changing the recruitment zones!

The map is already updated.

The textures I included were the ones originally in DeI 0.8. I honestly don't know if they have the scabbards, etc.
    Yeah, something is messed up in some zones I can only recruit vet legs.....oh well.....maybe it is not save comp....also, I thought the names would just be removed in main file....there is no visual difference there either. I really hope you can fix this sub-mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Diego View Post
    Hi Dresden, just an idea for recruitment. There should be multiple legions recruitable in the main areas, for example maybe 5 legions from Italy, 5 from Iberia and 5 from Greece... etc The idea of recruiting one legion in each area across the map is very silly and unhistorical! Other Roman Legions mods got this right before and I am surprised to see this type of system in DEI! We should have to recruit our legions in the heartlands and march them out to the frontiers! All other regions should have to rely on auxiliaries. Please fix this!
    Just so you know we used the REAL bases of the Legions and only in *2* circumstances we expanded the Regions elsewhere some large areas would not be covered (and we did this because while DeI is yes an historical mod, it is still also a game and having players not be able to recruit a Legionary unit in all of Persia or large areas of Mesopotamia seemed a bit harsh, especially with the culture recruitment in all the other regions that already does what you say).

For the rest the bases of recruitment are the real ones for the existent Legions. Actually it is the mod of Caesar that made completely bogus recruitment bases out of those troops to limit from where they could be recruited (but yet at the same time still having the common Legionaries recruitable everywhere so what's the point?).

Historically Legions were quite well expanded in many different areas and what you say is not true at all. Look for yourself here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Roman_legions

Now compare our recruitment zones with those of the original mod and see which one are more historical accurate (btw I already know the answer because I had to redo all of the original ones because they were completely bogus).

You will see that almost all the known world of the period is covered by Legions and while there's overlapping is because the total Legions were much more than we have put (because it would take an insane amount of time to do all the Legions and also if we could have an idea about it now with the common names there's no more point to do so).
    Last edited by Selea; April 02, 2014 at 12:06 PM.

You guys are saying there are no visual differences between the legionaries? I am confused, because I used our original textures and models that even have the numbers of each legion on the shield.

Dresden itīs is still the models of units that create Yolocaust in there Caesarīs mod?? what DEI donīt made there own legions?? you have great modders in your team! includding Meneros and there incredible textures!

Thanks! we all will waiting an apropiate Legions for DEI, with historical names of legions and numbers in there shields, with unique textures and models! it will be great!

You guys are saying there are no visual differences between the legionaries? I am confused, because I used our original textures and models that even have the numbers of each legion on the shield.
    Not sure If it is my save game, but they all look the same---- no visual difference(blue shield even though the name in campaign right. Also, in regions were I should be able to recruit historical legions all I get is vet legs. I don't know if it is because I did .82 when Selea removed it and then used your mod but doesn't work....I can give you the save file if you want.