Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: [Official Submod] Historical Legions

Default Re: [Official Submod] Historical Legions

Quote Originally Posted by Falco View Post
    I'm pretty sure this is intentional as the Aquilae were made of silver at first, not gold.
    Allright, sorry for bothering then

The helmet texture being bugged is not clearly not historical though. One thing bugged made me think of the other thing being wrong too :p

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Also, I don't know if anyone saw my earlier post but when you upgrade Marian Legio IX Hispana they upgrade into Imperial VIII Augusta

I did my best to pair the upgrades, there are a ton of units and some don't have correlations to the Imperial versions.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

XIIICaesar's Avatar Senator

Okay thanks

Not working by me. I dont know why ;/

mester's Avatar Tiro

In CIG campaign the legionaries have imperial helmets. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that legionaries were not using on that period imperial helmets but mostly montefortino and coolus.

Quote Originally Posted by mester View Post
    In CIG campaign the legionaries have imperial helmets. Maybe I'm wrong but I think that legionaries were not using on that period imperial helmets but mostly montefortino and coolus.
    is this submod savegame compatibel?

Bit of a tangent, but I see on the first post that legionaries recruited in different places in "Vanilla DeI" have different looks depending on where you recruit them. Is this still the case? I tried recruiting some Marian legionaries down in Africa province and they had your bog standard red design.

If you don't have the legion variants I might just give this a go.

There are no variations in normal DeI anymore. I will change the OP to reflect this.

This submod is awesome! However, I have one minor issue with it: the early recruitment of the legio in Italia.

I am able to recruit the legions from this mod right on the first turn of the campaign, which seems a bit overpowered I have tried to restrict myself to NOT recruit those, but that unit icon is constantly staring at me and even whispers "recruit..me..." couple of times...

In all seriousness though, is there a way of removing the permission to recruit these awesome units on the first turn? And maybe making them available once the reforms have happened?

I have on small additional question regarding DEI: There is a new blue research icon in the first military tech tree which takes 1 turn to research and... upgrades the units i.e. triggers the reform? I haven't played DEI in a while and I'm just wondering what it researches as I don't want to reach the reforms so early

Thanks!

Strange bug. I can't confirm that. Everything seem to work perfect for me. I noticed a bug where Aquilae and Evocata were recruitable in an older version of DeI. But every time you click the unit card, they went grey. That was the only problem for me. It is possible that you have a compatibility issue with another mod or submod. Do you load the historical legions submod before any other mod, including DeI?

[edit] The blue button is a new feature of DeI. It allows you to retrain and upgrade your units after a new reform, i.e. make an early legion to its imperial counterpart. Iam pretty sure this won't work with historical legions though. [/edit]
    Last edited by Scaevola; August 22, 2014 at 12:40 PM. Reason: addendum proprietatis
    EN TIBI UT SENTIAS QUAM VILE CORPUS SIT IIS QUI MAGNAM GLORIAM VIDENT
    C. MUCIUS SCAEVOLA

MagicCuboid's Avatar Biarchus

You know, I've noticed that the recruitment limits can be finnicky if you hit the number 3 on your keyboard to access recruitment rather than clicking on the icon. Clicking the icon almost always makes recruitment function as intended, but sometimes hitting it on the keyboard can bypass some scripting and allow units to be recruited that shouldn't be.

My advice would be to always use the mouse, and such problems should generally be avoided
    "I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once." - Henry II, The Lion in Winter

If you can recruit legionaries from the start it means you are using a mod that overwrites the scripts (like a camera mod) or you are loading this after DeI vanilla.

Very cool-looking units, great work indeed!

Just a question.
    In Italy may I only recruit Legio V Alaudae or Legion XXI Rapax?

As far as I know in the eraly centuries of the empire, at least until 2nd century AD, the greatest part of the legionaries were from central and northern Italy, with increasing numbers of recruits from the oldest provinces like southern Gaul and Hispania. A bit later, a large flood of recrutis come from the settlements in the Danubian area (Pannonia, Moesia etc.) grown around the large legionary camps, being mainly sons of the old garrisoning legionaries who estabilshed their families there.
    Titles like "Germanica" or "Gallica" were honorific for those units who distinghushed themselves in campaigns in Germany or Gaul, rather than indicative of the place of recruitment of those units.
    Regions like Lower Saxony, Mesopotamia, Armenia and other far places probably never provided a single legionary.

I may suggest to adjust the zones of recruitmen of the legions making them more available in the more romanized provinces and less or no available in the remote regions, where Roman citizenship, a requisite for being enrolled in the legions, was less diffuse.

Keep up the good work!
    Last edited by Luciano B; August 24, 2014 at 05:15 AM.

PAENINSULA ITALICA project creator

Sorry if I'm wrong, I think this mod makes loading times even longer. Is there anything can be done?

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    There are no variations in normal DeI anymore. I will change the OP to reflect this.
    Thanks for that.

How hard would it be to download this but change it around a little? For instance, change it so they're all called normal legionaries but have the local differences as before? Cheers!

Megasalexandros's Avatar Campidoctor

how can we use the legions in a custom battle? i really want to see how they look
    MACEDONIA ETERNAL GREEK KINGDOM

It is possible that you have a compatibility issue with another mod or submod. Do you load the historical legions submod before any other mod, including DeI?
    I am using Mitch's Mod Manager and I can't see any conflicts with any mods loaded above the historical legions mod. I did obviously load this submod before vanilla DEI and above all other submods for DEI.

You know, I've noticed that the recruitment limits can be finnicky if you hit the number 3 on your keyboard to access recruitment rather than clicking on the icon.
    I did not know that and I will try it right away! I simply got so used to the hotkeys hehe, bit lazy on that behalf

Quote Originally Posted by Megasalexandros View Post
    how can we use the legions in a custom battle? i really want to see how they look
    As noted several times in the thread, it adds something like 150 units and therefore can't be used in custom battles.

AlsoIhavethesamebug.