Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Decode PFM tables (11/08/17)

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep47 - Army Stances (21/7/14)

I need to work out How to get dismounted cavalry to run at infantry speeds. As currently in my mods if you dismount my modded cavalry units they run at cavalry speeds still as well as having cavalry hitboxes and weights still applied to them.

Also where do I find the place to edit unit abilities?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

there is a tutorial on unit abilities already.

As for dismounted units, check the man entity you've assigned to those units.

This is absolutely amazing....thank you so much. I really want to start modding R2 but I had no Idea to start this is a fantastic resource.

Thank you Magnar this is awesome! Would you be able to make a tutorial on creating custom models in 3ds Max and show us how to get the example "cavalry helmet" files etc from the game?

Thanks!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by richardpbeavis View Post
    Thank you Magnar this is awesome! Would you be able to make a tutorial on creating custom models in 3ds Max and show us how to get the example "cavalry helmet" files etc from the game?

Thanks!
    ive not done anythign with models so not sure how to do it. once i get time to play around with it then ill surely do a tutorial

Hi, one question, there is any way to delete the initial war betwen Rome and Carthage in HatG, make them a normal diplomatic, like in CG?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

should be possible with editing the startpos

Default Re: Magnar's Video Tutorials

Hello Magnar,

Is there a way to make all settlements have 6 building slots at least, if we can;t make them have more?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Uther_Doul View Post
    Is there a way to make all settlements have 6 building slots at least, if we can;t make them have more?
    Only ports can have 6, but non ports can have up to 5

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Now that Vae Victis has been released and the hotfix is about right to go, I have started doing these tutorials again.

Next one is up on how to create masks, how they works and what they do.

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep48 - Masks (18/11/14)

Hey Magnar,good to see these tutorials coming again.

Would you be able to make a tutorial on creating custom models in 3ds Max and show us how to get the example "cavalry helmet" files etc from the game?
    I second this.

I was also wondering if it's possible to import models and animations from Rome Total War (and its mods) in Total War Rome 2.If yes,I would like to see a tutorial on how to do it.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by perifanosEllinas View Post
    Hey Magnar,good to see these tutorials coming again.

I second this.

I was also wondering if it's possible to import models and animations from Rome Total War (and its mods) in Total War Rome 2.If yes,I would like to see a tutorial on how to do it.
    That is one area i really have no idea about yet and will likely be while before I even get a chance to look at it so don't hold your breath on a tutorial for it

Hello ,i've seen some of your videos and the things you do are amazing but can you make a short comment/jpg images or a tutorial video for modifying just the number of armies for each imperium level ,i have played with radoius campaign mod ,but i would like to be able to modify myself the actual number of armies per imperium on each faction whenever i start a new campaign. For example when i play as rome and i get to imperium lvl 8 i would like to have 50 -60 armies but when i play as ...idk the dacians for instance i woud like to have at max level of imperium only 6 or 8 armies.
    I know it may seem like a simple task for you coming from just another initiate in the modding scene ,but i have scouerd this website for somebody that can teach me how to do mods like that.
    P.S : i am not google ,so if any member has seen or been interested in a similar request and it had already been discussed ,please link me to it and you will have my complete gratitude

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

Magnar tutorials: the place where I learnt how to make quickly normal maps thumbs up!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by zorc View Post
    Hello ,i've seen some of your videos and the things you do are amazing but can you make a short comment/jpg images or a tutorial video for modifying just the number of armies for each imperium level ,i have played with radoius campaign mod ,but i would like to be able to modify myself the actual number of armies per imperium on each faction whenever i start a new campaign. For example when i play as rome and i get to imperium lvl 8 i would like to have 50 -60 armies but when i play as ...idk the dacians for instance i woud like to have at max level of imperium only 6 or 8 armies.
    I know it may seem like a simple task for you coming from just another initiate in the modding scene ,but i have scouerd this website for somebody that can teach me how to do mods like that.
    P.S : i am not google ,so if any member has seen or been interested in a similar request and it had already been discussed ,please link me to it and you will have my complete gratitude
    Sure, will do a tutorial on it later this week

Hello Magnar, I'm wondering if you can help me with assigning new textures to a rigid model. Do you need a 3D program to to this? Basically I'm making some Samnite/Etruscan tunics and I've edited the diffuse of the Italian tunic in photoshop. Since the unit will be mixed colours the 3 faction colours using a mask is kind of irrelevent so I have coloured the diffuse directly, will make a further 4 or 5 textures and hopefully apply them each to a rigid model, then add the rigid models to a defnition to get the variety. The problem is when I open a rigid model file in notepad++ most of it is unreadable oddness and editing the file causes Rome to crash!

I can edit a texture in photoshop just fine, but I actually want to create new rigid models the only difference being the textures that are mapped to them.

I hope you can understand what I mean! Sorry if I missed this in one of your tutorials (if so just point me the way) I started following them, then got carried away modding after I learnt the basics and haven't finished them yet!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by WoodMan_84 View Post
    Hello Magnar, I'm wondering if you can help me with assigning new textures to a rigid model. Do you need a 3D program to to this? Basically I'm making some Samnite/Etruscan tunics and I've edited the diffuse of the Italian tunic in photoshop. Since the unit will be mixed colours the 3 faction colours using a mask is kind of irrelevent so I have coloured the diffuse directly, will make a further 4 or 5 textures and hopefully apply them each to a rigid model, then add the rigid models to a defnition to get the variety. The problem is when I open a rigid model file in notepad++ most of it is unreadable oddness and editing the file causes Rome to crash!

I can edit a texture in photoshop just fine, but I actually want to create new rigid models the only difference being the textures that are mapped to them.

I hope you can understand what I mean! Sorry if I missed this in one of your tutorials (if so just point me the way) I started following them, then got carried away modding after I learnt the basics and haven't finished them yet!
    everything you need is in this tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1Ot8kASYaM

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

I already check your video, its realy educating, keep continue this video tutorial project mate, its realy help a lot of people
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

Thanks very much! Watching now