Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Decode PFM tables (11/08/17)

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar's Video Tutorials - Ep42 - Faction Names (23/6/14)

Quote Originally Posted by perifanosEllinas View Post
    Strange...In this mod review this guy shows new stats with new effects from about 14:03 to about 16:26.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=vQhLBM78Qvs

The renaming makes sense but what about their new effects?

Ah you mean how to change the units stat values.

I kind go over that in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-dfZOyACHM

But i can do a whole episode on it if you want

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep43 - Cultures (2/7/14)

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    What it would be nice to do would be a complete tutorial on how to create a starpos and how to change any starting condition. Take that and turn it inside out ´cos it´s still difficult to understand. How to change region ownership, resource condition, trading requirements and how to link that to the specific db files.
    A complete startpos tutorial would be way too long as there is too much stuff in the startpos.

I will breaking the startpos stuff into smaller tutorials which i'll be starting either today or tomorrow

Thanks for making a video for this!
    I just cant see it on your youtube channel...

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

yeah i made a mistake with the video format so have just changed the format and reuploaded it now

Ah ok

Default Re: Magnar's Video Tutorials - Ep42 - Faction Names (23/6/14)

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    Ah you mean how to change the units stat values.

I kind go over that in https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-dfZOyACHM

But i can do a whole episode on it if you want
    Yes,I'd appreciate that.Thanks

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep44 - Cultures (4/7/14)

can starting resources be changed? like changing oil for stone? and can also more than one resourse to one settlement be assigned? if yes where can that be done? thx
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep44 - Cultures (4/7/14)

Quote Originally Posted by neoiq5719 View Post
    can starting resources be changed? like changing oil for stone? and can also more than one resourse to one settlement be assigned? if yes where can that be done? thx
    In the startpos. Ill do a tutorial on it in a few days.

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep45 - Unit Stats - Display, Editing, Text (5/7/14)

So much thanks Magnar!!!! Im working in my culture right now!! Only one question, when i change the REGIONS_ARRAY, i must add the new line to all factions right?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep45 - Unit Stats - Display, Editing, Text (5/7/14)

yes i think you must add a new line to all

Hello again, i have some problems, i added the custom culture (egyptian culture) to ptolemaics, in his lands and cyprus lands, the appear without problem in a new campaign, but the influence drecease with turns, generals, agents, and buildings still have hellenic influence, i change the temple of Amon Zeus efect to conversion_to_state_culture, but still have the problem, in a few turns the regions have hellenic again and the custom culture disappear. Any idea?

Anyway thanks a lot!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

you'll need to change the culture of those agents and buildings and the base culture of the regions to the new culture. Otherwise there is nothing promoting the egyptian culture

I made all these things, but wasnt work, the buildings dont promote the new culture, other time even the faction havent any building, i added the buildings to the new culture, but dont work anyway

Mag,I'm a bit confused by a specific unit stat which the game doesn't say what exactly it does and it doesn't show changed during battles.That's "bonus vs infantry".Is it added to melee attack? To weapon damage? To both? To charge? Could you please clarify this to me?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by perifanosEllinas View Post
    Mag,I'm a bit confused by a specific unit stat which the game doesn't say what exactly it does and it doesn't show changed during battles.That's "bonus vs infantry".Is it added to melee attack? To weapon damage? To both? To charge? Could you please clarify this to me?
    added to weapon damage against attacks vs infantry

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    added to weapon damage against attacks vs infantry
    So,it's weapon damage.Thanks

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

been a while since my last episode as ive been spending more time working on my mod

Was hoping to do a tutorial on creating character names as per a previous request, but there is one thing i need to figure out before hand ie: what the numbers in the character allocation details in the startpos reference.

If you know send me a PM so i can finally put the tutorial together

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep46 - Moralet (19/7/14)

Hi MAgnar refering to video 15: Update A Mod For A Patch if u compare the two of them and one or two of the entries have changed what do u do? u keep the new one, the old one or both of them? And another thing which I dont understand is why did u give in the video the values of the new pack to the magnar patch? By doing so u r giving up the mod values and restoring the original ones right?
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

If an entry has changed then usually I will update my mod where I use vanilla values to have the new values. If a value that I have already modded changes, then I will make a decision on whether my value is still better or if i want to refer to the vanilla values.

Eg I had increased spacings many patches ago, then CA increased spacings even more than i did. So where CA had increased spacings beyond what I had increased spacings I changed mine to vanilla as I had not put much thought into the spacings at the time

When Can u add entries ( if possible) that are not in the original Rome 2 file?