Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Decode PFM tables (11/08/17)

Default Re: Magnar's Video Tutorials - Ep39 - Mounts (12/6/14)

Magnar,do you know if we can add new factions to the game? Is it possible?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

I dont think adding new factions is possible. But you can turn existing factions into new factions eg give carthago nova land to carthago and put them somewhere else

OK,thanks.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar's Video Tutorials - Ep42 - Faction Names (23/6/14)

May I know how to add names using the Assembly Kit ? I tried the usal way of adding new names (using name table) and then applying the names to startpos but BoB refise to generate (need ctrl+alt+del) and the message Rome II stops working' or something.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by ^OvO^ View Post
    May I know how to add names using the Assembly Kit ? I tried the usal way of adding new names (using name table) and then applying the names to startpos but BoB refise to generate (need ctrl+alt+del) and the message Rome II stops working' or something.
    Do you mean character names? city names? faction names? cos they are all slightly different

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Character names. I added one name to Hellenic (forename) and a few to punic (surname)and they all appear in the name selection when making the startpos. However when using BoB it seems to hang and unable proceed with building the startpos.

One othe thing, if I wanted to add the cutom units to startpos selection, what are the minimum entries that I need to edit. I figure out how to make the custom unit selectable from the startpos but then again BoB process refuse to complete. Do I have to include all the variants etc too ? The units were created using the PFM but I'm just using the assembly kit as it's much easier to generate startpos.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. - Marcus Aurelius

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

with Akit startpos, you have to have at minium all the entries that the startpos refers to in the db tables. Ill do a tutorial on character names for you and how it all works.

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    with Akit startpos, you have to have at minium all the entries that the startpos refers to in the db tables. Ill do a tutorial on character names for you and how it all works.
    Thanks. So to enable custom units from startpos starting armies, what are the tables that I need to include ?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

in pfm, none.

in Akit, the bare minimum. Ive not tried though so not 100% sure. But id expect land_units, main_units. The unit stats are not really important just that the db entries are there

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

I tried to make a duplicate vanilla units to test it but stil failed. I made a duplicate rom_hastati and these are the tables I edited.

land_units
    main_units
    unit_set_to_units_junctions
    unit_variants
    units_to_groupings_military_permissions

Since the duplicate units referred to vanilla Rom_Hastati descriptions etc I did not add the unit descriptions tables.

The unit appear when I edit the startpos but same thing happened when generating BoB.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

when doing bob you should only be doing the startpos not the db tables

LestaT's Avatar Artifex

How should I do that ? I usually just tick the campaign>rome box though it would also automatically include all the other changes I made to the db tables.

Hello Magnar, thanks for the ttorial, you help me a lot!!!

Can you make a tutorial to change cultures or generals? for example, make a egyptian culture, and remove his generals, to add new cutsom general. It's will be great!!

Thank again

I have noticed that some mods add new custom unit stats,like endurance for example.I would love to see a tutorial on how this is done .I've been wondering how they got the desired effect for each stat...

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

yup thats how you do it. just select process startpos

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

No mod adds new unit stat types. All they do is rename stats to make them seem new. I can do a tutorial on how to change the name of stats though. I include it when I do the tutorial for creating custom stat displays, where you can choose which stats to display for which units.

@Cpt. Cortes:
    He made a Tutorial how to change the Generals. This helped me alot!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No6gwZOvQno

And I agree, A Tutorial how to change the Culture would be ... awesome! Because I tried to find out how to do for some time, but didn't got it.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Changing culture tutorial is uploading at the moment should be done in about 30 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    No mod adds new unit stat types. All they do is rename stats to make them seem new. I can do a tutorial on how to change the name of stats though. I include it when I do the tutorial for creating custom stat displays, where you can choose which stats to display for which units.
    Strange...In this mod review this guy shows new stats with new effects from about 14:03 to about 16:26.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=vQhLBM78Qvs

The renaming makes sense but what about their new effects?

Last edited by perifanosEllinas; July 02, 2014 at 11:29 PM.

Default Re: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Ep43 - Cultures (2/7/14)

What it would be nice to do would be a complete tutorial on how to create a starpos and how to change any starting condition. Take that and turn it inside out ´cos it´s still difficult to understand. How to change region ownership, resource condition, trading requirements and how to link that to the specific db files.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.