Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Magnar's Modding Video Tutorials - Decode PFM tables (11/08/17)

Baltizar's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Magnar's Video Tutorials - Ep32- Generals (24/5/14)

Hi Magnar you are the best. I want to thank you for creating these tutorial they have really helped me. One thing I would like to asked, and I am not sure if you have noticed this also, in the variant editor assembly tool there is a section for blood pack. Would I need to incorporate that into my models for them to show beheadings, lost limbs etc in battle or is that not necessary. If I do need to include them where would I incorporate them in to my model. Your advise would be much appreciated

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

I dont think it is necesary with the actual model (.rigid_model2) as it will be done via the slot, so if its a helmet and the head gets cut off the helmet should stay attached to the decapitated head.
    Last edited by Magnar; May 29, 2014 at 08:13 AM.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Magnar you have my admiration.
    Its rate people share their knowlege! For that you have my congratulations!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Default Re: Magnar's Video Tutorials - Ep35 - Unit Size Editing (3/6/14)

Great series of tutorials! Thanks for all the info.

If you are OK with a little bit of criticism,I would suggest slowing down a bit at your tutorials to help the beginners in modding (like me) follow without confusion.

Something I would like to see added to the list is how to mod faction emblems.

Keep it up!
    Last edited by perifanosEllinas; June 04, 2014 at 06:22 AM.

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Cheers for the feedback perifanos, Ill try slow down a bit for future episodes.

Faction emblem modding is on the lists of tutorials to be recorded. Its a long list so not sure exactly when it will be done though

Good to hear it's in the list.That's OK.Take your time mate,we all have real life too anyway (shocking,I know ).

Just a question about the unit animations episode: have you tried to give the javelinmen animation to hoplites for overhand grip? Does it work with their spears or the throwing messes that up?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

you can make hoplites only use overhead by removing the under arm animations. Also the faction flag tutorial will be today as ive had a few people ask for it.

Default Re: Magnar's Video Tutorials - Ep36 - Faction Emblems (4/6/14)

Cool!Thanks and keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by Magnar View Post
    you can make hoplites only use overhead by removing the under arm animations.
    Could you please tell me which tables I need to edit to make this work?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

no sorry i havent documented all of the 400-800 seperate animations so am not sure which ones to exclude. I believe there is a mod that does it already though and would take a significant amount of time to document all the animations.

But for how animations work, best to check my tutorial on animations which goes through how its all put together.
    Last edited by Magnar; June 05, 2014 at 07:26 PM.

Steam for some weird reason doesn't let me download this mod and there's no non-steam link.I've been trying and trying to give overhand animations to hoplites for a long time but I had failure after failure on this specific subject.Hoplite phalanx is one of the major Rome 2 issues for me.Anyway,I guess I'll have to keep trying different things out and be patient until something works...Thanks for your time

Brivime's Avatar Ordinarius

Can you show how to make a Historical Battle?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Historical Battles? Id have to look into that, never tried it before. Ill add it to the list and if/when i figure it out ill do a tutorial on it.

Magnar,I think a good addition to the list would be an episode about how to mod menu and loading screens.

And once again thanks a lot mate,your tutorials have helped me very very much!

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

sure ill add that to the list as well

and will look to put another tutorial up tonight after i upload the first episode of my new lets play for Magnar Mod

EDIT: Ive actually run out of time to put a new tutorial up tonight so will try to do it tomorrow.
    Last edited by Magnar; June 07, 2014 at 03:24 PM.

Default Re: Magnar's Video Tutorials - Ep38 - Shields, Armour, Melee Weapons (10/6/14)

is there a way to merge 2 different startpos?

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Magnar's Video Tutorials - Ep38 - Shields, Armour, Melee Weapons (10/6/14)

short answer: not possible. Startpos' need to be named "startpos.esf" to load which means that only 1 can exist.

long answer: if you do it with assembly and can get access to the raw data of the 2 startpos' you want to merge, then you can merge the 2 tables into 1 and then create a combined startpos with BOB.

Do you know anything about scripting, Magnar? I'm specifically wondering on how scripting can modify or access tech tree data (such as locking/unlocking certain techs, checking if a tech or set of techs have been researched, etc), but I've found very little even after reading and re-reading many of the vanilla lua script files. My knowledge of accessing the tech tree is essentially limited to knowing the research started/completed callbacks, which isn't much, to say the least!
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)

Magnar's Avatar Artifex

Unfortunately I've not had a chance to get into the scripting side of things just yet.

I know there is a function with regards to tech but not sure of its arguments or what it actually checks for or if it even works. I know exactly what you are trying to do I had our scripter (back when we had one) look into doing the same thing If you get it working let me know

It's somewhat reassuring to know I'm not the only one in pain over this!

The only things I've found in regards to tech are:

1. The callbacks "TechnologyInfoPanelOpenedCampaign", "MissionEvaluateResearch", "ResearchCompleted" and "ResearchStarted". These are good to have, but are useless when I can't already find out what is being researched, or what has finished being researched. They all return a "context" to the callback function, which could be very useful... but I have no idea of how to use it in any tech-related way.

2. Some UI stuff for hiding the technology button. Not greatly useful...
    modificateurs sans frontières

Developer for Ancient Empires
    (scripter, developed tools for music modding, tools to import custom battle maps into campaign)

Lead developer of Attila Citizenship Population Mod
    (joint 1st place for Gameplay Mods in 2016 Modding Awards)

Assisted with RMV2 Converter
    (2nd place for Warscape Engine Resources in 2016 Modding Awards)